A kiss from insanity

Frozen Heart [editing]

  Baek Hyun ft Chen – Really, I Didn’t Know


 

Firm hands gripped the poor woman’s shoulder, who was shaking in fear, as a drop of tear rolled down Xiu Min’s porcelain skin. “Se Kyung… it’s me. It’s me.” His eyes were darting deep into her hollow ones. Even though Lay had long cured the bleed away from her eyes, Xiu Min couldn’t deny the fact about his terror for the void of her sight. Because Se Kyung was no longer readable. It was as if her soul was closed—far, far away from him to be able to read her hidden emotions.

Sniffles began to fill the dark villa as the woman’s shoulder shook in despair. Her large tears flowed down her cheeks, but she couldn’t see anything—even the cloudy sight of tears itself. Only the fine grey lines inside of her mind could be witnessed, like a robot with a broken sight. “Please… stay away from me. I-I don’t know you.” Her tone was weak and pleading, palms crept onto her face as she buried her fear in between the sobs.

A light curse escaped the older man’s chapped lips, before he threw a glance over his shoulder, and shouted, “Lay! Please, bring back her sight!” Accompanied by his commanding vibe as the oldest one, Xiu Min stared sharply towards the healer despite the fact that his tears were flowing down his eyes.

With a weak figure, Lay pushed his fragile-self up, obeying Xiu Min’s demand even though he already knew what the result will be. Without any words of refutation, the healer dropped his knees in front of the trembling woman before he hovered his palms over her, producing a weak sparkle of light as it glowed—although only vague.

Frustrated by the treatment which didn’t result in anything, Xiu Min shoved Lay’s shoulder away lightly. However, due to the younger man’s weak figure, he eventually fell onto the floor harshly as he shielded his face from sweeping the hard floor beneath.

“Damn it! You are a healer, Lay! Why couldn’t you cure this blindness?!” This furiousness was vague, as if Xiu Min had fade up even in being angry any longer. His eyebrows were scrunched up, his frown swam deeper into his porcelain flesh, and his tears began to form masses of cloud in his sight.

Accompanied by a confused mind, Se Kyung eventually lifted her head up from the crook of her elbows, and asked in between the sobs. “W-What do you mean?” Her tone was dripping with fear, eyes were hollow with crystal tears.

“Luhan hyung. Only he could cure the curse that he had committed, even though I’m a healer, I couldn’t reverse the act of a curse.” Stoically, Lay stated out with a blank stare towards the puzzled woman, who sat a couple of meters away from him.

With red puffy eyes, the poor woman squeaked out again, tone was slightly louder than before, “W-What’s going on?”

Pure vapour escaped Tao’s lips, before he towards Se Kyung and stood in a firm distance from her fragile figure. Heart filled with frustration and despair, the youngest man eventually exclaimed, answering the ignored questions of hers. “A lot of things are happening here, Se Kyung noona.”

“H-How did you know my name—”

“But far more things have happened before you lost your memory, noona.” A brief pause was taken as Tao’s eyes trailed after the act of Li Yin, who rushed towards Se Kyung, as if she was there to catch the younger one if she happened to falls. “We have powers. Superpowers, even. And to make it short, your sudden blindness is caused by Luhan hyung, who recently pierced a glass across your eyeballs.” From his peripheral view, Tao could witnessed the sight of Luhan, who dropped his face in his palms, when Se Kyung covered her ears with both trembling hands.

The young woman pressed her ears hardly, with a hope that it was only a mere dream, as her tears rolled down her eyes like a waterfall. “No. That’s impossible! I must’ve gone insane!” Her voice broke in an attempt to shout at the source of information, who stood still in front of her.

A cold, muscular arm s over her frail shoulder, before Xiu Min desperately coaxed, “Se Kyung… please believe us just for once. I’m sorry that I kept this away from you—”

“Let go of me!”

“No, listen to me, Se Kyung.”

“No! Who are you? And what have you done to me?! Have I been drugged? Do you want to sell me so badly that you are even trying hard to make me believe in this lie—” Even before her sentences of false assumption could meet an official end, her thin cheek was met with a cold, harsh hand, slapping Se Kyung across the face.

Luhan’s tall figure shadowed the blind woman, his palm was thrown to the side of her face, plastering redness on her porcelain skin. By the use of his power, the telekinetic created a transparent shield around both Se Kyung and him, as the others were furiously trying to get him away from the poor woman. “Don’t say that to Xiu Min, Kyungie. He is hurt a thousand time more than you.” Contrasting with his abrupt act just now, Luhan’s tone was soft and gentle, as if he was trying to persuade a sulking child.

However, Se Kyung only braced herself tighter, as his syllables did nothing but to scare her more. Her frail arms embraced her knees together, bringing the bits left in her towards her chest, where the beating heart could be detected.

A hollow smile graced upon Luhan’s lips, before he continued, “Please don’t accuse us doing those horrible things that the other humans did. We are good creatures. And you used to be my friend before.” Using the same palm which had slapped Se Kyung across the face, Luhan eventually laid it on the top of her head, slowly the mess of her hair. The corner of his eyes caught the fuming Xiu Min, commanding him not to touch his girl.

“N-No… please don’t hurt me.”

“Don’t worry. I’m not going to hurt you anymore. I’m still your friend, after all. Can’t you remember?” Softly gazing downwards, the depressed man spoke up as his eyebrows began to be knitted together. “And I like you too—but then Xiu Min had to take you away from me because he needed you more than I do. But I guess that I’m the crazy one here, so Se Kyung…” His voice trailed off, as if waiting for the said woman to respond.

“Y-Yes?”

“Would you please, be mine? I promise that I’ll take the curse away and make you see the light again if you agree.” His features appeared soft yet intimidating, gaze boring straight into her void ones.

From the outside of the invisible shield, Xiu Min was trying to crush down the power of the telekinetic furiously. His eyes had long exhausted from crying, and his throat was throbbing with pain in each calls for his girl. Every single line of sentences could be heard loud and clear from both Luhan and Se Kyung, which was what Xiu Min feared the most, as Se Kyung could fall into the other hand of the guy in a matter of seconds, accompanied with her crowded mind.

Sensing no response from the girl, Luhan eventually lowered himself down in a slow manner of his, as he reached her eye-level. His palm crept gently onto her pale cheek, sending cold shivers into her spine as his stare swam deeper into her hollow orbs. Vapour breaths exchanged, and three seconds ticked by, before Luhan closed the tiny gap between them, and captured her dry lips.

A deafening scream echoed throughout the crashed condition of the villa, before a sharp arrow-shaped ice was shot through the shield, cracking it like shattered pieces of glass. Xiu Min hovered a palm on the top of Luhan after he yanked the younger man away from Se Kyung. Glow sparked up from his palm as ices began to flow out from his blue veins, freezing Luhan in an instant.

“Xiu Min hyung! What have you done?!” A roar filled with anxiety dripped off Chen’s voice, as he rushed towards the frozen figure. Just before his fingers could touch the glacial skin of the man, Xiu Min eventually pry his hand away with a glare, “Don’t touch, or he will break.” Even though the older man’s vibe unusually was full with knowledge, Chen voiced out his question as he scrunched up his eyebrows, “What do you mean? Luhan hyung is dead—!”

“No, Luhan hyung isn’t dead unless if you break the ice.” The voice who interrupted belongs to Tao with his expressionless demeanour, “Because the power could be reversed. Just like Luhan hyung, who has the key to Se Kyung’s blindness, Xiu Min hyung has the key to unfreeze Luhan hyung too—just like us who could control our powers.”

Puzzled, Li Yin spoke up, “You mean… Xiu Min could finally control his own power?”

Nodding lightly, the youngest one stated out, “Yes. After he lost someone who he depended on with his power—yes.” With tone shadowing the fact about Kris’s death, who all of them had lost, Tao put an end to his sentences based on what he witnessed in the future.

Glancing sideward at the act of Xiu Min, who brushed the trembling Se Kyung’s brunette away from her face, Chen exclaimed, “Se Kyung noona needs to stay with us until Luhan hyung recovered from his depression. Or else people will smell something odd inside of this house.”

“No… please! Don’t chain me down here! I want to go home!” Her weak sobs occasionally escaped her lips once again, after the shock of Luhan’s abrupt act faded away from her, which rapidly was replaced by an image of possible tortures that could happen to her clueless self.

A sour feeling of sorry crept into Lay’s empty soul, before he shifted forward and tapped her shoulder. “We are not going to hurt you, Se Kyung. It’s all going to be all right.”

“W-Who are you?” A terrified squeak replied Lay’s gentle gesture, which stabbed his fragile heart as he had never seen that woman so miserable before. The girl shifted away from his warm touch, feared of the stranger.

Frustrated by his heart which clenched painfully every time a tear slipped out of Se Kyung’s eyes, Xiu Min grabbed Lay’s shoulder, caused the latter to be jerked to the side and faced him. “Damn it, Lay! Just let her remember everything, please!” A beg filled with shout vibrated throughout the villa, which had a soundproof shield via Luhan’s power, avoiding the passage of sound from the outsiders.

A flash of hesitation shaded the healer’s features, before he slowly nodded and shrugged off Xiu Min’s harsh grip from his shoulder. With a glimpse towards Tao who had a bewildered expression written on all over his face, Lay eventually spun around before he crouched down, palms graced upon Se Kyung’s head. Accompanied by closed eyelids and tensed muscles, his veins began to glow, and soft sparks erupted from his figure, sending back the hidden memories into Se Kyung’s crowded mind.

The woman only froze on the spot, hollow eyes were wide with flashbacks which collided with the truth. Her expression painted the evidence of memory, and slowly, her weak figure slid onto the floor. From the beginning of their encounter, to the nightmare of deaths along with revelation of their powers—every inch of it was registering in her mind. Just before her eyelids dropped, Se Kyung whispered in a hushed tone, a palm reaching for someone who she yearned for, “Xiu Min oppa, I remember it all.”

 


 

Vague whispers registered in her packed mind, creating smoky illusions of the owner for each vibration which travelled through her eardrums.

“But you’ve crossed the fate that I’ve seen in the future.”

“Tao, you need to realise that we are supernatural too.”

“But… that’s impossible. Why can’t I change my own destiny then?”

“Because Lay’s power is to heal people. It was him who made Se Kyung forget, and only he could reverse the curse.”

“Does it means that if I take Lay hyung with me to the past, I could bring my girlfriend back to life too?”

“No, Tao. Look—”

Without waiting for the last sentences to be heard, Se Kyung let out a soft whimper, her figure shook with fear as she tried to catch any image in her wake. “Xiu Min oppa? Xiu Min oppa …? Where are you?” Her voice wavered as despair dripped out her lips, arms were lifted upwards, swaying side to side to have a grip at the said person.

Snapping out from his trail of thoughts, Xiu Min sprang from the couch and rushed towards his girl. His cold palms rapidly grabbed hers, her knuckles gently. “I’m here, Se Kyung. Everything is going to be all right. I’m here.” His tone was hushed and covered with love, despite the fact that he knew everything had gone terribly wrong.

However, the words of comfort gave no effect to her, as Se Kyung croaked out, “Oppa, why can’t I see anything?” Contrasting with the soft and small voice of hers, the stab which it sent to every single creatures who were standing around her, was massive and piercing.

The room was left with silence, filled with guilt and fear of the reaction of Se Kyung, which could break their hearts into millions of pieces again. Frustrated with the blank vision that she witnessed, Se Kyung spoke up with a louder tone, as tears began to spill out from her eyes, “Oppa, why can’t I see anything?!” Her body trembled again, not because of cold, but because of fear. That little girl, who once believed in fairy tales which promised a happily ever after, was now broken as she was forced into the dark side of the tale—which was hidden from the painful reality, thus blocking the beam of lights from entering into her once crystal sight.

Hurt by the painful scene which laid before his eyes, Xiu Min eventually knelt onto the majestic-size bed before he sat himself close to Se Kyung, and engulfed her in a warm embrace. His muscular arms swayed the poor woman from side to side, trying to ease her sadness.

Silently sobbing against Xiu Min’s broad chest, Se Kyung shut her visionless eyes tightly as she squeaked out, “Why didn’t you tell me that Min Yun unnie isn’t the one who you love?”

A light surprise attacked Xiu Min’s heart before he threw a questioning glance towards Lay, who was the one that returned the memories back to Se Kyung. The latter only nodded as a response, gesturing the fact about an extra point of view from Xiu Min, which had been inserted into Se Kyung’s memory. The older man sent Lay a line of firm smile, as he whispered close to Se Kyung’s ears, “I’ve been trying to tell you, but it was too late then.” A pause was taken before he hesitantly continued, “Because you’ve asked for a break up.”

Guilt crept into Se Kyung’s heart as she pressed her lips into a firm line, halting the soft sobs from escaping. Only now that she realised that it was not Xiu Min who had changed so much, instead it was her sister, Min Yun, who was a real flirt. With a sincere heart, Se Kyung spoke out, “I’m sorry.”

 

 

 


 Bad news. I've lost the sheet that the orginal author (Humming_Bird) had given to me at the beginning of this story 0_0 It contains the storyline of Frozen Heart, and I can't really remember what is supposed to happen before the ending.

Sheet.

Sheeet.

.