Wouldn't Stop Chasing

Frozen Heart [editing]

 EXO – Baby Don’t Cry Piano Ver.


 

It was an irritating sight to witness. A girl, who admitted to be Se Kyung’s older sister, was now jumping excitedly in a spot as she tried to match a pair of couple shirts with Xiu Min. Luhan held the urge to roll his eyes over that scene – since it would be rude if Se Kyung accidentally saw it. “Se Kyung? Are you okay?”

“Let’s go to the other side, oppa.” Her startle met its ending as Luhan took her hand away without any second thoughts. Se Kyung knew that Luhan clearly understands her and deep inside, Se Kyung was more than thankful to have a caring, understanding, and cheerful friend like Luhan.

His grip around Se Kyung’s small hand was tightened as his feet automatically walked out of the store. Perhaps it was the best choice right then – even though both of them had just stepped into the store only for minutes.

Se Kyung absentmindedly let Luhan to take her anywhere that he could—as long as it was far from witnessing her own sister flirting with her boyfriend. Her fragile heart threatened to break, but she held it together firmly, with an intention of acting normally again after her mind was cleared off. If only she was stronger – or appeared to be someone else – Se Kyung would have slapped Min Yun across the face and loudly exclaimed to her that Xiu Min was already taken. However, Se Kyung had been raised like a careful daughter she was—a kind, proper lady. Thus, it took a full disadvantage to her fragile heart, as Se Kyung chose to bear it all since her conscience kept telling her to be patient—as not to disappoint her parents for raising her up in a proper way.

Trying hard to squeeze out some random ideas for bringing back the light on Se Kyung’s face, Luhan’s eyes finally caught the sight of a bubbly, pastel coloured stall – bubble tea. A relieved smile washed away the earlier frown from his smooth forehead, assuming that Se Kyung would be happy to have a taste of his favourite drink—like the way he always enjoyed it. Heart filled with excitement, Luhan turned his head towards the young woman and asked, “Kyungie? Would you like a bubble tea?”

Snapping out from the trail of her thoughts, Se Kyung eventually averted her gaze towards Luhan, trying hard to focus on his words. “Pardon?”

“Bubble tea—” His index finger pointed towards the small street stall across the spot they were standing, gesturing at Se Kyung to follow his gaze. “It’s actually a flavoured tea mixed with pearls. We called it bubble tea. Haven’t you heard of it?” His doe eyes widened, already presumed the answer.


  Huh Gak – 1440
 

Se Kyung shook her head in curiosity as she stared off towards the pastel-coloured stall. “No. I knew something like strawberry, peach and lemon teas, but I’d never heard of bubble tea.” A chuckle escaped her pink lips as she quickly continued, “It sounds—too cute.”

Relieved to see the light on the young woman’s face once again, Luhan let out a boyish chuckle as he ruffled her hair affectionately. “I’m surprised that you haven’t heard about it at all – and bubble tea is as cute as you, you know?!”

“Oppa.” A pout sat on her lips as she stared up towards Luhan. “You are being cheesy again.”

Heartily laughing, Luhan pinched her cheek, trying to hide the embarrassment. He knew why he was acting like that, he knew why his heart beat faster than usual, and he knew why he begun to sweet talk with a girl once again. The answer was obvious, but Luhan chose to keep it to himself with a hope that no one will notice it–and for that feeling to eventually wash away one day. “No, I’m not. I’m just stating the truth.”

Se Kyung wrinkled her nose before both of them begun crossing the road, after making sure that no car was passing by. “Then do you like bubble tea, oppa?” She purposely avoided any eye contact with Luhan, as her own cheeks already were shaded with rosy red.

“Yes, bubble tea never failed to make me happy whenever I drink it! And I want to share that feeling with you—since you haven’t taste any of it yet.” His eyes darted for her gaze, and a chuckle made its way out of his lips after the blush on Se Kyung’s cheek could be detected.

The young woman only nodded shyly when she read the menu which laid before her eyes. The small stall wasn’t packed with people, it was severe. However, Se Kyung had a sense that it would be attacked with thirsty students just after the school ended. “What would you recommend for me, oppa?”

Luhan’s eyes wondered at the menus above as they queued in the short line. He pressed his lips together lightly and think for the best bubble tea that he’d ever drank before. “I don’t know. Everything here is good.”

“What about the best one?”

“Everything is the best ones.”

“Like—the real delicious bubble tea?”

“Umm… everything?”

“Luhan oppa… answer me properly!”

“I am answering you properly!”

“No, you’re not.”

“Yes, I am.”

“No, you’re not!”

“Yes! I am!”

“No! You’re not!”

“Yes! I—”

“Err… excuse me?”

Halting their movement at the gentle interruption, both Luhan and Se Kyung exchanged brief amused look, before they turned around and shifted their attention towards the shopkeeper. Se Kyung snickered softly as Luhan made his order, as she finally let her child-self out after a long time.

The shopkeeper, who was about in her 20s, tilted her head towards Se Kyung as she politely asked, “What drink would you like to have, Miss?”

Se Kyung’s head snapped up lightly before she wondered her gaze back to the menus. Her head was jammed with various kinds of bubble teas which were flashed clearly before her eyes—making it harder for her to choose.

Sensing the air of her discomfort, as he knew that Se Kyung hated to make people wait for her decision, Luhan eventually parted his lips open and recommended, “You like strawberry the most, right? Then what if you try the strawberry flavoured ones?”

The young woman slowly gazed towards Luhan, before her head bounced up and down in excitement. “Yes! I would like that!” She then turned to look at the grinning shopkeeper, “Please make that an order.”

Hearing both of the orders loud and clear, the shopkeeper shifted towards a machine which had been set specially for her stall, and did her job wisely. Se Kyung watched the swift movement of hers – from pouring the flavoured teas into a small plastic container, mixed the large soft black pearls together, until closing the container tight with an intention to not let it leak out – in interest.

Luhan fished out his wallet to pay, as the shopkeeper gave both of the bubble teas towards Se Kyung for her to take. He had never went out with Se Kyung before, but when he think about it again, it felt like he was on a date with her—that was, until his phone rang shamelessly in front of the stall.

Knowing what to do as a best friend she was, Se Kyung patted Luhan’s shoulder, who stood still beside her, and gestured him for the phone. The latter immediately understood, thankful that she was willing to personally pick it up for him–as talking to the phone in front of a shopkeeper could be rude. The young woman shifted towards somewhere not far from the stall, and answered the crying phone. “Hello?”

“Hello, Kyungie? Is this you? I thought that I’ve called Luhan hyung’s number …”

“No, Min Ho oppa! This is Luhan oppa’s number, I’m just picking the phone up for him since he’s paying for our bubble teas!”

“Oh, really? Well, Sulli is calling you by the way, so—”

Min Ho’s words were cut off by a loud vibration from her handbag. A giggle escaped Se Kyung’s lips when the ID flashed Sulli’s number on the clear screen of her phone. “Ah… I got it.”

“Of course. So where are you and Luhan hyung?”

“We are here! At a bubble tea stall!”

“Yes—you’ve just told me that. But where is here? Where’s the bubble tea shop?”

Se Kyung took a while to think as she tried to mentally search for the routes that both she and Luhan followed in order to get to the street stalls. However, her mind research found its ending when she realised that her mind had been drift off all the way to the stall, as she let Luhan to lead the way.

“Se Kyung?”

“Y-Yes?”

“What if you just turn on the GPS of your phone, so that we could track you?”

“That’s a brilliant idea, Min Ho oppa!”

An amused chuckle could be heard from the other line before Se Kyung bit a cheerful goodbye for Min Ho, and hung up just when Luhan popped into her view. She held herself from jumping in surprise, and stretched out her arm, giving Luhan his bubble tea.

“Who called?” Curtly, he asked before a sip was produced, upon drinking the sweet tea. His eyes were lowered downwards to Se Kyung’s eye level, who was setting her mobile tracker on.


  Standing Egg – Break Up For You, Not Yet For Me
 

The young woman muttered something under her breathe, before she replied, “Min Ho oppa and Sulli. He’s asking for our whereabouts.” As rapid as the flash of lightning, Se Kyung’s tone fell as her face formed a crestfallen reaction—knowing the fact that both Xiu Min and Min Yun were going to be there in a few minutes. Her mind begun to painted the earlier memory which happened in the branded store, vividly.

Luhan breathed in the tense air heavily as he eyed Se Kyung, who stayed strong in front of him. He tilted her head up with his fingers ever so gently, and spoke up, “Keep your chin up, Kyungie. You’ll look prettier like what Tae Yeon unnie had told you before.”

However, Se Kyung only threw him a faint smile—her brightness died at the moment the brief outing with Luhan ended—although she honestly was thankful that Luhan could took her away from the extreme sadness, even for a short while. She could felt the warm touch of Luhan around her wrist as she averted her gaze, and stared up towards the man.

“You still remember about what I’ve said about bubble tea, right? It could make you happier. Try it!” His voice cracked lightly at the attempt of trying to sound bright. Secretly, Luhan let out a soft sigh just when Se Kyung begun to drank through a pink straw provided by the shopkeeper earlier. He was about to ask for her opinion of the bubble tea, when the sight of SHINee, along with the others could be seen not far from the spot they were standing at. “There are they. They must’ve bought lots of nice clothes for themselves! Why don’t we stopped by the store afterwards?”

That question, however, was left hanging alone in the mid-air as Se Kyung’s eyes trailed for the figure of Xiu Min, who was staring back at her trembling orbs. Too familiar with the abruptness of the change in her heartbeat, Se Kyung slowly lowered her hand down along with the bubble tea, and let the seconds ticked by, only by staring deeply towards Xiu Min.

Acting oblivious of everything that was going on between the couple, Key shoved a dozen bags towards Se Kyung’s grip as a smile crept onto his face. “There! I’ve bought you some clothes as well. All of it are chosen based on your taste, so don’t worry whether if it would fit you perfectly or not, okay?” He took a glimpse towards Luhan, who seemed to hold a pain in his heart when the image of Xiu Min registered in his mind. If only Key had the right to command, he would have told Se Kyung to go for Luhan instead of Xiu Min who had been appearing to be cold since before.

Jumping lightly at the sudden attack of bags from Key, Se Kyung’s hands rushed to carry the bags before it drop to the ground – which will only give dirt to the expensive clothes. She pulled up a thin line of smile and gazed straight towards the man in front of her. “Thanks, Key oppa. I appreciate these a lot.”

Xiu Min watched the weak smile of Se Kyung as a sharp pain stabbed his heart. Only now that he noticed that Se Kyung actually saw the interaction between him and her sister, Min Yun. No wonder why he hadn’t seen any chance to even strike a conversation with her from the beginning of the day. A soft sigh escaped his lips when the cold touch of Min Yun could be felt on his arm. He spun his head around and sent her a death glare, finally realising the fact that treating her politely—as Se Kyung’s older sister who he should respect—was a false decision. He should have acted like his cold self if he knew that Se Kyung’s sister was like this.

“Xiu Min~ should we buy the same bubble tea as well?” Min Yun’s high pitched voice vibrated his eardrums as she hooked her hand with his arm.

Annoyed, Xiu Min shook her hand off him as he shifted away from Min Yun, trying to give her a gesture of getting irritated by her clingy behaviour. “I’ve tried to be polite to you, but you keep acting like this. So now, I’m telling you again—please don’t disturb me.” With harshness in his tone, he spoke up.

Pouting, Min Yun stomped her foot hardly as she shook her head vigorously, “No! You are my ideal type, so there’s no way that I’m going to let you go just like that!” Her tantrum was a tad too loud for a woman at the same age as Xiu Min.

He sighed, sensing the eyes on them, Xiu Min pulled Min Yun’s wrist, and dragged her along with him to the other side of the route. A private talk needed to be done with a girl who was hard to understand stuff.

Min Yun, however, misunderstood Xiu Min’s gesture as wanting to have some privacy with her. Her grin was too wide—too wide that it could reach her own ears. She giggled flirtatiously as her eyes darted down to the small skin contact of Xiu Min, who held her hand a little too harshly.

Eventually, the man yanked off the grip on his hand as he spun around, and faced her with a furious expression. “Se Kyung is my girlfriend.” He took a reasonable pause when an image of the surprised Min Yun registered in his mind. “And as an older sister you are—who had just appeared now—you should at least respect me, by distancing yourself from me, as your sister’s only man.” He breathed out heavily, finally telling Min Yun things that she should’ve been aware of. Perhaps Xiu Min had a high expectation for her to back off immediately—like what usually sisters will do—after he’d told her those facts, but instead, Min Yun chose to stepped closer along with a sinister mixed with sad smile, plastered on her face.

“I’m sorry to say this, but that wouldn’t stop me from chasing after you. I’ve lost lots of chances that I had in my life, so I’m not letting this one to fly away just like that.” In one breathe, Min Yun stated firmly, contrasting with the immature way she had treated Xiu Min earlier.

The man widened his eyes slightly at her words. Through the way she spoke, Xiu Min could tell that Min Yun used to have tonnes of painful pasts—and he understood her clearly for that. However, the decision of her for not respecting his relationship with Se Kyung, was rude and selfish. Xiu Min still remembered for how hard Se Kyung tried to open his heart, which was fully broken, in the baby steps of hers. And now—even though her family was happy to get her older sister back to their arms—Min Yun only appeared in the middle of their once peaceful relationship, and threatened to break it apart. With a hope that his frustration would not let him loose the control over his power, Xiu Min harshly spoke up, with an intention of siding his girlfriend’s hard work for pulling him out of the cage of fear. “Do you know that because of your stubborn attitude, Se Kyung is now giving me a silent treatment?! You didn’t know how much both of us had been through, so can’t you just give the way back to your sister?! I really don’t know what to say if you still insist to back off—what kind of sister are you?!”

A hurtful smirk made its way up to Min Yun’s lips as she stared straight towards the furious Xiu Min. She lowered her head down and muttered, “You’ve just raised your voice at me.”

“Yes, I did! And I’m not even regretting it that I’m yelling at you now! to go with you to be my girl’s older sister! You are nothing compared to her, can’t you see that?! With your immature act and all, do you think any men want to stick with you?! As—”

“Stop it, Xiu Min-ssi. You don’t know about my background, so don’t you dare to stop me from chasing you.”

“I knew Se Kyung’s background really well! Even though you are her older sister, you have no right to interfere—”

“I’m not.”

Xiu Min paused to take in a deep breath, trying to calm himself down as the place begun to be covered in frost. He gestured for Min Yun to continue her words, which were hung in the middle of the air.

“I’m not her sister.”