Time Control

Frozen Heart [editing]

  Wu Yi Fan – Time Boils The Rain


 

“My—sister?” Staring wide eyed towards her mother’s beaming face, Se Kyung automatically walked closer, along with an unreadable expression as she ignored the others who were giving her a look full of questions.

The older woman nodded lightly before she gestured for her friends to leave the kitchen, with an intention of having a private talk with her daughter. Her gaze trailed over Xiu Min, who seemed to hesitate momentarily before he slowly walked out of the kitchen, probably was curious about his girlfriend’s family background. “Se Kyung, you do remember that you used to have an older sister, right dear?” The tips of her fingers reached for Se Kyung’s hair as she curled a strand behind her ear.

Carefully nodding, the said girl stared straight into her mother’s brown orbs, as if she was searching for the unknown information behind the light of Mrs Baek’s face. “B-but I thought that unnie was—gone?” Her voice trembled lightly, feared that somehow, her assumption will lead to the end of the cliff of the happiness.

Mrs Baek cupped Se Kyung’s face dearly before she spoke, “No, honey. She is still alive. And appa has finally found her yesterday. We were thinking about letting her to live here with us… again.” The corner of her eyes twitched up slightly as she sighed in relief.

“But umma—why did unnie—no, I mean—how did unnie disappeared before?” With hesitation, Se Kyung asked.

Mrs Baek pulled her hand away softly before she spun around and unhook a mug. “You didn’t remember anything, sweetheart?”

“No, umma. I-I wasn’t as close with her that time.” She lowered her head in disappointment. Appa and umma always kept this secret from me as well.

The older woman pressed her lips in a firm line as she poured the boiled water into a mug. “Your unnie—she ran away,” A pause was taken for the exact three seconds before she continued, “–with her boyfriend. But it was our fault too, because your appa and I hardly paid any attention to her when she was aliI mean—when she was with us before.” The end of her sentences stopped awkwardly, as if she had something more to say. Her slender fingers reached for a bottle of cocoa before she mixed the warm water together with the cocoa. “That’s why we decided to treasure you, and shove our work away if possible. Before, even when your unnie always had depression, we didn’t pay attention to it and just let her personal doctor to treat her. But I regretted it now, Se Kyung. We regretted it. If only we treated her better before…”

Se Kyung nodded in an understanding way before she patted Mrs Baek’s back soothingly. “But that’s okay. The past is the past, right umma? As long as you’ve found her now.” The corner of her pink lips curled upwards as Mrs Baek softly returned the gaze towards Se Kyung in appreciation.

“Then she will come over this weekend, eventually after your boyfriend and his friends have settled down in their new house.” Stirring the mug of hot chocolate gingerly, Mrs Baek then stretched out her arm towards Se Kyung, giving her the hot chocolate.

The said girl nodded lightly as she took the mug with a mutter of thanks. “All right, umma. I’ll be so happy to see her again! Her name is still Min Yun, right?”

Smiling, the woman replied, “Yes, Se Kyung.”


-----------------------
 

Her slender fingers carried the antic vase as she shoved the small box away. She stared up towards Xiu Min slightly before she walked towards a classical round table. “Will it be okay if I put it here?” A soft thud could be heard as the vase collided with the brown surface of a table.

Nodding, Xiu Min held up a pile of clean clothes in his muscularly arms before he walked towards the marble stairs. “Yes. It will be fine. I will just go and put these clothes in my room.” Gently smiling, Xiu Min stated as he exchanged gazes with Se Kyung.

The said girl raised her palm up slightly, gestured for him to wait momentarily. “I want to help too! Lay’s clothes hasn’t been hung in his wardrobe yet, right?” Brightly, she let out a rhetorical question and swiftly grabbed a huge brown box which had been labelled as ‘Lay’s clothes’ into her grip.

The man eyed his girlfriend in anxiety as he asked, “Is it not heavy for you? I can lift it up if you want.”

“No! It’s okay! I’m strong too, see?” With a shook of head, Se Kyung show Xiu Min her thin arm as her right hand carried the box.

His eyes widened slightly when the box in Se Kyung’s grip threatened to fall. But eventually, he allowed a small chuckle to escape from his lips, amused by her behaviour. “All right then. Be careful.”

Just when Se Kyung nodded her head brightly, a strong hand grabbed her arm from behind, forcing her to spin around in surprise. “Se Kyung! You can’t take Lay’s clothes into his wardrobe!” It was Kris with his furrowed eyebrows, staring fiercely towards her.

Xiu Min halted his steps at the stairs as he rushed back toward the girl. “Kris! You’ve scared her! What’s wrong with her helping us anyway?” Raising his tone with a tinge of anger, Xiu Min yanked Kris’s hard grip away from Se Kyung’s arm.

The latter gave Xiu Min a death stare as he slowly spoke, “It’s Lay’s glass wardrobe.” His tone was full of hidden secrets, dark, and firm. Kris kept his gaze locked with Xiu Min’s as the man knitted his eyebrows, finally getting the reason behind Kris’s furious act.

“But they provided new wardrobes for us–Lay has one as well.” In hesitation, Xiu Min stated as he stepped closer towards Kris.

The taller male only shook his head in disappointment before he said, “He insisted to use the new wardrobes. I can’t stop him either—because something needs to cover her up.”

Se Kyung listened to both men in curiosity with her large brown orbs. A side of her urged her to seek for the answers that were spinning in her mind, but another side of her held her back with the assumption for not to interfere their privacy. Maybe Lay had a girlfriend before, and keeps something about his girl in his old wardrobe. Nodding to herself lightly, Se Kyung then averted her gaze towards Xiu Min who heaved out a sigh, and eventually broke the gaze with Kris.

“Okay.” The said man travelled his gaze up towards Se Kyung’s soft orbs before he spoke, “Se Kyung, you can help the others in their rooms, but Lay—he has something that you can’t see in his wardrobe.” Almost apologetically, Xiu Min informed Se Kyung with his sad eyes.

Nodding with an understanding mind, Se Kyung placed the box of Lay’s clothes down with a line of smile. “It’s okay! I understand if Lay wants privacy.” Her brunette bounced lightly as her head bobbed up and down rapidly.

“Thanks.” Briefly muttering, Xiu Min patted her head affectionately before he climbed up the stairs again.


------------------------
 

The next day arrived with a snap of fingers, accompanied with tiredness and the tense of muscles. Se Kyung had her brunette tied up to a loose ponytail as she made her way towards EXO M’s new villa. Her hands were holding a huge basket full of foods and she wore an excited smile on her rosy lips, probably was imagining the reactions of her fellow friends when they saw the foods.

The door shifted open, revealing the sleepy face of Luhan. He rubbed his eyes tiredly as he mumbled a small greeting. “Kyungie… why are you up so early?” The sight of Se Kyung barely registered in his mind as his eyes were half-lidded.

The girl only chuckled softly as she brought the basket into the male’s view. “Wake up, Luhan oppa! It’s already 6 in the morning! And I need to go to the class soon anyway, so please accept these foods — all made by me!” Chirpily, she exclaimed with shine in her large brown orbs.

In instant, Luhan’s drowsiness faded away at the mention of foods before he casts his gaze downwards at the basket in her grip. “Omo, really, Kyungie? Wow, it must tastes really good! Why don’t you come in first? Your driver can wait for a little while, right?” With a slight glance towards the elegant car, which parked outside of their gate, he asked.

Gently nodding, Se Kyung took a glimpse over Luhan’s shoulder before she spoke up, “Of course, he can! But I can’t promise you to stay longer.” Stating her last words, both of the creatures then walked inside of the new villa with bright smiles, plastered on their faces.

Se Kyung’s brown orbs wondered around the house which had been filled with their belongings, thus making everything to look warmer and cosier. A tinge of gratefulness crept into her heart, happy to see that EXO M were fast settling in their new territory. The weekend will come in a short while, eventually after EXO M had suited themselves in the new environment, which also means that her sister will arrive sooner. Somehow, Se Kyung didn’t feel great to welcome her long lost sister—no matter how much she’d missed her.

“Who’s at the door, Luhan?” A familiar deep voice, Kris, asked in a mere curiosity before his figure popped into their views. The tall man made his way towards the living room when Se Kyung set the huge basket onto the square table.

“Kris oppa? You weren’t with Sica unnie?” As Kris’s sudden voice interrupted the trail of her thoughts, Se Kyung’s fingers gingerly undone the packs of foods from the basket while throwing him a ‘good morning’ smile.

Lightly nodding with a small mutter, Kris’s eyes were glued towards the foods which were flashing brightly before his eyes–well, he probably was exaggerating because of hunger. “Jessica had to do something important. So Se Kyung, what did you bring for us?” Swiftly changing the topic, he asked before he sat on the classical couch of the villa.

Automatically, Se Kyung’s dark chocolate orbs travelled for the ranges of foods that she’d brought before she spun her head around to face the curious gaze of Kris. “A lot. But you can eat all of them! I already had my breakfast, and I need to go to the University anyway. I have a class on 8 sharp!” Her eye-smile could be detected as she informed Kris the similar subject as Luhan’s earlier.

“I smell delicious foods!” As fast as a lightning, the figure of Chen could be seen, standing beside the girl. He purposely made the sound of sniff, imitating a dog with its special sensory organ. “I knew that it is you, Kyungie noona! It would be impossible for Lay to create this kind of glorious smell!”

“I can make delicious foods, too!” With a pout, Lay walked down the stairs as he eyed Chen who was laughing on the creamy couch beside Kris. His feet leaded towards the square table when Se Kyung sent him an apologetic smile.

The girl patted Lay’s jet black hair cheekily before she sat beside Chen on the comfy couch. “Of course, you can, Lay! Just ignore what Chen’s saying! He’s actually jealous that you can cook better than him!” She stuck out her tongue towards Chen lightly when the latter smacked her back playfully by the side.

The said male softly chuckled in victory as he took an egg roll from the container and swiftly thanked Se Kyung for the breakfast. Within a blink of an eye, the four other men grabbed the foods which had been opened in front of their eyes, alluring them to eat. Only when Se Kyung noticed that another two creatures were absent, did she spoke to seek for an answer, “Is Xiu Min oppa and Tao still in bed? Should I wake them up before these foods are fin—”

Duizhang.” A familiar stern voice cut off Se Kyung’s sentences as two men made their way out of a room. One of them, was crying soundlessly, although there was no sign for the stream of his tears to stop. Another man – Xiu Min – was staring straight towards Kris with anxiety in his hard eyes, as if he was trying to send Kris an important signal.

As if the leader could easily read Xiu Min’s mind, Kris rushed towards the stair to get to the gone maknae, Tao, with his lips pressed into a firm line. His hand harshly grabbed Tao’s arm as he stared at the poor boy momentarily, before he stormed into Xiu Min’s room, dragging Tao along with him.

Startled by Kris’s harsh behaviour towards the crying boy, Se Kyung averted her curious gaze towards Xiu Min, who was staring back at her with an unreadable expression. “A-Are you okay, oppa? I-Is Tao okay? I haven’t seen him for a while.” Voicing out her thoughts, with the intention of breaking the thick silence, Se Kyung knitted her eyebrows in worry.

Chen, who was sitting still beside the girl, turned his head around to face her. “Yeah, I guess. Tao just had a nightmare, he’ll be fine.” Although his false assumption was obvious with fake confirmation, Chen knew that at least something could get into Se Kyung’s mind as a logical explanation — to see that the real explanation would be filled with dark fantasy, thus leading Se Kyung not to accept it seriously—unless if they show the powers personally in front of her.

Lightly nodding, Se Kyung decided for not to interfere their personal problems. Everyone has something that they want to keep for themselves anyway. With that, she pulled up a smile–which had just died down at the moment Tao appeared–and picked up one of the food containers onto her laps. “I need to go now, make sure that you will leave some foods for Tao and Kris oppa, okay?”

Xiu Min only nodded when his gaze collided with Se Kyung’s. His feet dragged him towards the girl and absentmindedly took the container from her grip. “Can’t you stay longer?” His tone was gentle, almost whispering, probably was worrying to get embarrass by the others if they heard him.

Her eyes stared up towards him from a meter away before she moved forward. “No. I’m sorry, Xiu Min oppa. But I really have to go now.” With a final bow, she stated as her feet moved towards the huge classic-themed door. “I really hope that Tao will be fine soon.” Her lips was pressed lightly with a hope that everything was all right—at least before her sister arrived.

“Kyungie! You said that your sister will come by this weekend? Can I know her? What’s her name?” Luhan’s sudden outburst halted Se Kyung’s gentle steps toward the door as he gripped her shoulder from behind. His doe eyes shone with the intention of knowing a new person in his life, and of course, Luhan was more than happy to make the circle of his friends larger – even though it will somehow made himself to live harder in order to keep his power hidden.

The said girl spun around slightly, only to meet with Luhan’s excited reaction before she nodded, “Yes! Of course, you can, Lulu oppa! It is Min Yun unnie. My beloved sister is called Mi Yun unnie!” Her voice chirped out in genuine happiness, couldn’t wait any longer for the moment for her to see the long lost sister again.

An unbearable pang hit Xiu Min’s heart at the exact second the name ‘Min Yun’ popped out of Se Kyung’s lips. He stared straight into her brown orbs–although Se Kyung didn’t seem to notice it–and as if the world stopped, Xiu Min found everything not moving. In alert, he spun his head around before he spotted Tao (and his red puffy eyes), along with Kris at the stairs. “W-Why is this happening?” Stuttering with his trembling figure, Xiu Min slowly asked Kris who was staring at him in a stern mixed with cared expression.

The leader heaved out a sigh as his hand patted Tao’s back brotherly, trying to ease him from the unknown sadness. “Min Yun could be anyone. Your Min Yun is already dead. But Se Kyung’s Min Yun is just another person who apparently will be a part of her family soon. They are two different people with the same name.” Confidently, he exclaimed with a stoic face.

Cold sweat begun to rolled on Xiu Min’s porcelain skin as he spoke, “But, what if Se Kyung’s long lost sister is actually her reincarnation?”

“If it is your late-girlfriend’s reincarnation, then she will still be a baby or younger. It will be impossible for a reincarnation to grow up as quickly into a woman.” With a company of his wide knowledge, Kris replied firmly as his eyes glanced towards Se Kyung who froze in the time.

Tao, who was still sniffing beside him, shook his head vigorously before he murmured, “N-No—it’s not that—they—Min Yun noonas—they aren’t—” His voice was cut with hiccups as he buried his face using his trembling hands.

“What are you trying to say, Tao?” Trying hard to control his frustration, Xiu Min asked as he darted his gaze towards the younger male.

The latter continued to shake his head rapidly, before he stuttered, “T-The future… It-It didn’t appear… as bright—”

A sigh escaped Kris’s lips when Tao begun to sob again. “He has been acting like this ever since I brought him up to talk. I don’t understand why he chose your room instead of his, which I’ve prepared for, but it must be something related to his memory of the future that he’d just seen. I assume that Tao just need a short rest, from everything that he had been seeing in the future. It may be a terrible sight to see—just brace yourself from now on.”


 

 


I'm sneaking out to the cafe, lol. Next chappie will be about Min Yun. I promise. But I'm not sure when I can update again, hope you guys will be patient for a while.