Dwelt

Frozen Heart [editing]

Let It Go by Reynah (Piano Ver)

Untitled-4.png

 

 

»  “Do you believe in fairytales?”

Xiu Min stopped in his tracks when that question escaped her lips. He looked straight into her eyes with an unreadable reaction. I believe in the tales that I've made, yes. That painful tale of mine.

Se Kyung tilted her head to the side, waiting for an answer when a loud call could be heard from behind. She turned her head around and saw that Tae Yeon was approaching her with Sulli behind her. “Kyungie! Oh my God! Where have you been? Do you know that it is already night time? You made unnie so worried!” Tae Yeon exclaimed as she rushed towards Se Kyung and pulled her into a hug.

“Sorry, unnie. I was just talking to this guy.” Se Kyung retorted before she pulled herself apart from the hug and spun around, only to find out that Xiu Min wasn’t there anymore. Se Kyung knitted her eyebrows in confusion as her eyes were searching for his figure.

“Kyungie, there was no one here when we came. It was just you all alone.” Sulli snapped with a worried look towards Se Kyung. She patted her shoulder and told her to stop searching for someone. “I guess that the rumours about this place is real. It is haunted indeed.”

Tae Yeon smacked Sulli’s head as she grabbed her hand. “There are no such things as ghosts in this world. Stop scaring people!” Tae Yeon retorted before she leaded both of them back towards their camp site. “We have to go back now. The activity is starting.”
 

 

Untitled-4.png

 

 

»  Xiu Min held his breath as he hid behind the tree not far from the spot where Se Kyung and her friends stood. He eyed them carefully and saw Se Kyung’s disappointed reaction when she spun around, probably expecting him to be there.

“Why are you hiding?” Kris’s voice could be heard, approached Xiu Min in silence. He raised his eyebrows with a confused look at Xiu Min.

In a matter of seconds, Xiu Min pulled Kris to hide beside him. He gestured the latter to shut up and sent him a death glare.

“No, why are you hiding? The only reason why I left you alone was because you should talk to that girl instead of running away from her. This is your practice, Xiu Min. Don’t even think to stay in your room and freeze everything around there again.” Kris warned in a stern voice. He furrowed his eyebrows while gazing at Se Kyung from the back of the tree.

Xiu Min shook his head before he turned to face Kris. “That girl is dangerous. She refused to get away from me when I could freeze her at any time.”

“Tell me about it. Is it her or you who are dangerous?” Kris snapped as he kept his strict reaction towards Xiu Min.

Finding no answer from that rhetorical question, Xiu Min lowered his gaze down at his feet. “I just don’t want to hurt people anymore. Why can’t you lock me up somewhere far away from here so that no one would be hurt because of this useless power of mine? You are the duizhang anyway and I’m sure that they will not ask the reason for your act if you do lock me up.” Xiu Min exclaimed with a small frown.

Exhaling a sigh, Kris retorted. “Just because I’m the duizhang, doesn’t mean that I’m going to make a stupid decision.” He averted his gaze at the girls behind and saw that they were leaving. “Now, let’s go back. It’s getting dark anyway.”

 

 

Untitled-4.png

 

 

Throughout the whole time in the camp, Se Kyung had been thinking about the mysterious guy who disappeared just like that. Every activity that they did never register in Se Kyung’s mind. Even if she didn’t talk much that night. Her eyes were fixed on the firewood in front of her, without any emotion to be seen on her face. Just like the way she looked like.

“Se Kyung-ah, what’s wrong?” Minho nudged Se Kyung from the side when Sulli waved a hand in front of her eyes. But the result was still the same. Se Kyung didn’t move at all, or even to blink for a mere second.

Tae Min clapped his hands once towards her face but still, she wouldn’t react. “What happened to Kyungie?”

Tae Yeon shrugged with a small pout. “She was like this ever since she came back from the forest.” Briefly, Taeyeon retorted before she tossed the marshmallows above the fire.

Jong Hyun sat beside Se Kyung as he stared at her in worry. “Did something happen back then in the forest? Kyungie never acts this emotionless.” He eyed her doll-like features with a frown.

Sulli cleared before she glanced at Tae Yeon. “We actually don’t really know what happened but Kyungie said that she saw a man in that forest.”

“A man?” Key echoed with the curious eyes of his. He bit the pink marshmallow gently, savouring the sweet taste of it.

Sulli nodded when Minho fed her a marshmallow. She wrinkled her nose at the sudden act and the latter chuckled boyishly. Chewing the marshmallow softly, Sulli faced Key again. “Yes. Kyungie said that she talked to him but we saw no one there. Not even a single creature can be seen that time.”

Onew raised his eyebrows before he shook Se Kyung’s shoulder from behind. “Are you being serious?”

“I did saw that person.” Abruptly, Se Kyung spoke up. Her mind was playing the conversation between her and that mysterious man earlier. “He was scared. I don’t know why. But he was scared to approach me.” She said in a toneless way as her eyes were still staring at the firewood.

Onew pressed his lips firmly before he patted her shoulder with a look at her brownish hair. “Don’t worry about that man, okay? Maybe he was just your illusion.”

“No, he’s not. I could feel his cold presence that time. I tried to make him feel more comfortable around me but he kept stepping backwards.” Se Kyung spoke up as she blinked. A tear escaped her eyes, when the realisation for not blinking in a long period of time hit back to her.

Tae Yeon rushed towards her with a tissue in her grips before she wiped off the tears from Se Kyung’s cheeks gently. “Kyungie…”

“Forget about that man and go to sleep now, okay? It’s already 11 past.” Key advised in a motherly way as he packed the marshmallow back into the knitted bag of Tae Yeon.

Sulli nodded in agreement when Jong Hyun and Onew pulled Se Kyung up. Minho slung an arm around Sulli before all of them leaded back to their tents in that peaceful night.

 


Untitled-4.png

 

 

»  A groan escaped Se Kyung’s lips as she tossed and turned in her sleeping bag. Her eyes stared into space again with a light frown on her forehead. Why can’t I sleep? She sighed and placed a forearm on her eyes. The image of that mysterious man was still playing in her mind. She had the urge to search for him, but the fact that her friends would haunt her down once she sneaked out of the tent in the middle of the night, made her have second thoughts.

This camp is supposed to be relaxing! Se Kyung hit the mattress with her fists lightly before she sat up from the sleeping bag. The dark pitch tent made her realise that there was no way that her friends were going to find her. Her lips curled up into a sneaky smile as she turned her head around, making sure that no one was awake by this time. A short walk in the forest wouldn’t disturb their sleep, right? Se Kyung got out of her sleeping bag and ped her tent slightly. She then popped her head out and searched for people around. Line clear.

Se Kyung quietly ped the tent and stepped out from it. She inhaled the fresh air of the nature with closed eyes, feeling better in that way. As she spun around, her body bent down and searched for a torch light inside of the tent before she zipped it up again, made it looked like she was already asleep.

Walking in the most silence step that she could, Se Kyung brought her torch light forward and flashed the view in front of her. She walked further without feeling scared, instead she felt like something was pulling her forward as her mind was thinking about the mysterious man. Should I find him? She stepped deeper into the forest and looked around, trying to recognise the place where she had seen that man earlier. But what if he was just an illusion?

Flashing the torch light around, Se Kyung held in her breath. Her eyes widened and her jaws clenched. The grips around the torch light loosened and finally, it fell on the ground. A wolf was standing beside her with its red hungry eyes and its sharp teeth that threatened her. Her voice refused to talk, her whole body stiffened and the adrenaline rushed down her forehead. She knew that she couldn’t do anything but to let the wolf in front of her to finish her off.

Slowly, the wolf approached her with a growl. Se Kyung stayed still and shut her eyes tight, waiting for it to hurt her. She prayed silently, hoping that someone would come and safe her but to see that it was already midnight, her hope faded into the cold thin air.

“.” As if the Heaven heard her prayer, a familiar voice could be heard from in front of her. “What are you doing?! Run!!!” The voice exclaimed in worry when a hand could be felt, gripping her wrist tightly.

Se Kyung opened her eyes and found out that she was running along with a man who was leading her towards a place that she wasn’t familiar with. Her gaze then fell on the wolf behind them, it was chasing after both of them with its strong four legs. “W-what is happening?” She croaked as she trembled to see the wolf behind her. Lucky enough that there was someone who pulled her away from the wolf or else her life would ends shortly without having the chance to experience the fairy tale that she wanted so badly.

“Close your eyes.” The figure in front of her commanded sternly before he threw her body forward. Obtaining no response from Se Kyung, the figure raised his voice in panic. They got no time to waste for a situation like this. “Now!!”

Flinching from the loud command of the figure in front of her, Se Kyung gathered her senses back and shut her eyes tight. She put all her hopes in that figure even though she had been thought not to listen to a stranger before. Something in that figure made her trusted him. Something strange. Something that she never felt before.

Xiu Min furrowed his eyebrows when he ran and averted his gaze back to the wolf in front of him. He stopped abruptly and stood still on a spot before he stretched out his hands, his palms were facing the wolf which was approaching him closer. Stupid werewolf. In a matter of seconds, Xiu Min forced out a massive amount of ice from his palms which successfully encircled the wolf and made it trapped in the huge chunks of ice. “I knew that you wouldn’t eat a normal human being like her but keep your off from hurting her even though you enjoyed doing it. Not only her, but every single human being in this earth. Don’t you dare to lay a finger at them, ever again.” Xiu Min exclaimed with the stern voice of his. He eyed the wolf sharply as it was changing its shape into a human. He wasn’t terrified to see this kind of phenomenon due to the amount of knowledge that he had for various kinds of creatures that live in this earth. Just like a creature like him.

The werewolf smirked before he crossed his arms on his chest. He stared back at Xiu Min daringly with the evil grin of his. “What will you do if I refused to stop?” He asked in a playful tone, as if hurting a normal human being wasn’t a big deal for him.

Gushing out spikes of ice around the werewolf, Xiu Min laid a single spike of ice straight in front of him. “Then you will be dead.”

Raising up his hands in surrender, the wolf let out a smirk. “Just look at you. Even you would kill a creature as easy as that. Then why won’t you let me enjoy hurting her? I promise that I won’t kill her.” The wolf who persuaded Xiu Min calmly, didn’t know the fact that it actually hurt Xiu Min’s cold heart as it reminded him at his dead girlfriend. “Unfreeze these ice spikes, uh? Then both of us can continue -” Just before the werewolf could finishes his sentences, an ice which had the shape of an arrow, strike straight into the werewolf’s stomach.

“Don’t worry, you won’t die — if the ice melts.” Xiu Min stated darkly before he spun around and rushed towards the bushes where he had threw Se Kyung at. His heart told him to turn back and unfreeze the poor werewolf but to know that he wasn’t able to unfreeze things that he had froze, it was impossible for him to do that.

His eyes searched for the girl and he found her while she was blocking her eyes with her palms. “It’s all right now.” He spoke quietly, didn’t want to scare her more.

Removing her palms from her eyes slowly, Se Kyung tilted her head up on purpose to see the man in front of her. “T-Thanks. I really don’t know what I would do if you weren’t — wait for a second.” She paused as her mind tried to recognise the young man in front of her. “Oh my! You are that guy who disappeared earlier, right?!” She pointed out with a light beam in her reaction. Her eyes lightened up when she realised that the man who she was curious for was the one who saved her.

The man who she had no idea for the importance of his existence in her life.