Short-lived

Frozen Heart [editing]

  EXO K – Peter Pan


 

“It will also not be much burden for our daughter to go to this house, then back to our house. Her other friends live there as well, so you might want to know them.” Ending his sentences with a formal smile, Mr Baek stared towards Xiu Min who seemed to be surprised by the sudden reward.

The young man shifted lightly in his seat before he glimpsed towards Se Kyung, then back to Mr Baek. “I appreciate your reward, but a villa is a little too much for me to feel comfortable to accept this, Mr Baek. Your daughter’s life is my responsibility as well.” His head was bowed slightly before he straightened up again, and was met with Mrs Baek’s beaming smile.

“Why are you saying this as if—you have something with our Se Kyung?” That woman stared towards Xiu Min in a full expectation as her high cheekbones could be seen, symbolised the contentment that she had for her daughter who had never seemed to be interested in forming any serious relationship before.

Dramatically, Luhan gasped before he brought his palms towards his lips, covering the childish grin of his. “How did you know, Mrs Baek? They have just been together for a month and a half! But then because of me, Xiu Min –” He paused when he felt a deathly icy stare pierced into his soul as he looked up. Sheepishly grinning, Luhan sent Xiu Min an apologetic reaction before he turned back towards Mrs Baek. “Sorry for my suddenness.”

“It’s okay, sweetheart. I wonder why my Se Kyung never told me about this.” The older woman’s eyes were glancing towards her daughter playfully as the indirect question purposely travelled to Se Kyung.

The said girl let out a chuckle in embarrassment before she lowered her gaze down. “Umma… don’t embarrass me.” The ranges of syllables escaped her lips in a form of muttering as Se Kyung took a light glimpse towards Xiu Min who sat across her. Perhaps I can forgive him now. He sounds so sincere.

Waving off her hands casually, Mrs Baek giggled as she gazed towards her husband who had a genuine smile plastered on his face. “Since you are together now, then why make it hard for you to live far away from each other? I’m sure that you will be happier to see my pretty daughter first in the morning, young man.”

Xiu Min couldn’t help but to let out a boyish chuckle upon seeing the friendly act of Mrs Baek. So Se Kyung has her mother’s talent in communicating. He glanced towards the said girl with a small shook. “I honestly will be happy, Mrs Baek—”

“Just call me aunty.”

“—aunty. But, a villa is a little too much. I’ve been living here with all of my friends. And I couldn’t just ditch them, it will be rude especially for our host, Kris who had helped me a lot.” Politely, Xiu Min reasoned; much to ’s surprise since Xiu Min never used a soft tone with people ever since his late-girlfriend passed away. Perhaps Se Kyung did cured Xiu Min after all, for him to finally have a warm heart – although his heart hadn’t completely melt yet with the remembrance of the painful past.

“Then take your friends with you. Do not worry for other things because we will set it up for you. Young man, you didn’t know how much Se Kyung’s life means to us. She is our only daughter.” Mr Baek stated as his heart squeezed, the tragedy of the past 5 years was replaying in his mind once again.

“But Mr Baek—”

“If you look at it in another way, Se Kyung almost got insulted by an old man when she was leading to your house. And I knew how my daughter feels like in forming a new friendship, or a relationship. She likes to be near, close to her friends especially you, young man. If anyone will approach her again like before, it would only put herself at a risk.” Putting up an ending to her small speech, Mrs Baek let out a light breathe as she stared with a high hope towards Xiu Min who was considering about the reward, and Se Kyung’s safety.

With determination in his dark brown orbs, Xiu Min answered, “All right. We will talk to the others about this.” His slight nod halted when Chen asked, “But who’s going to Sica noona’s apartment to inform duizhang?”

 



(This is not KyungMin moment, guys. But it is quite important, I guess.)

  EXO K – Thunder


The doorbell chimed through the colossal apartment as Chen rubbed his hands together with Li Yin. He was aware of the coldness of that winter, especially in the morning like that. If it wasn’t because he happened to be the youngest in the house after Tao left, he wouldn’t be forced by his hyungs to go to Jessica’s apartment urgently in the charge of informing Kris about the reward. A tinge of regret rang inside of him, wishing that he could just take Tao’s power in controlling the time, and held in the urge to ask for someone who will dare to be a light bulb in between Kris’s and Jessica’s relationship problem.

“Don’t think too much, okay? They will be fine. It is your duizhang that we are visiting after all. And you know how good Kris is with settling his problems.” Gently, Li Yin spoke as she patted her hands, which were warm with home-made gloves, with Chen’s. She knew that all of the members were worried about Kris’s relationship with Jessica at that moment, but because it was too personal to look at, they left him to cool down slowly before they could come and help them out.

Curling a strand of hair behind Li Yin’s ear, Chen smiled boyishly towards her before he nodded in hesitation. “I could say that I believe in Kris, but I couldn’t say that I won’t be worried. He has done so much for us, Li Yin. And when he collided with his problems, none of us could help him. I feel useless as a friend, and I bet that the others feel the same too.” Comfortably confessed, Chen gazed down and stared towards their intertwined fingers.

A soft sigh escaped Li Yin’s lips before she tilted Chen’s head up by the chin and flashed him a kind smile. “I know, dear. But what if one day, he suddenly left for good – considering that the problems are suffocating his life now – are you still going to believe in him and his decision?” With curious eyes, Li Yin asked as she squeezed his hand lightly.

Just when the soft shuffle of the door could be heard, Chen answered, “Of course I will, Li Yin. He is our duizhang after all. He knew the decisions that he is taking.” His eyes were darting for the figure in front of them who stood in the drunken state of hers.

“Ahh… you’re here. Come in. I was about to call you to take Kris away since I have work to do.” A strong smell of alcohol could be sensed from Jessica as she opened the door wide for both Chen and Li Yin to enter. Her appearance, thankfully was appropriate even though the countenance of hers was saddening, as if she was holding in the pain which secretly tore her heart in bits.

“Sica, are you okay?” Softly asking, Li Yin walked over Jessica’s side as she eyed her side profile. Jessica appeared as elegant as usual, but her face was different. It was covered with make-up, but Li Yin could tell that she was in a terrible pain. The large eye bags were barely seen if Li Yin wasn’t close enough to her.

The said girl didn’t say anything or to give any response as she only leaded both of them towards her bedroom. Chen gulped nervously at the reminder of Luhan’s story when he walked into Jessica’s room last time. Even though he was a close friend of Kris, Chen would never wished to look at him in that state – it will be too miserable to think of, it was as if Kris was assuming that he had no time left to spend with his love life, Jessica.

The slender fingers of Jessica pushed the door open and the sight of a neat but elegant bedroom greeted both Li Yin and Chen. The couple exchanged gazes before Chen asked, “Where’s Kris?” His voice was stern and filled with anxiety.

Absentmindedly, Jessica threw her index finger towards the balcony before she walked away from the bedroom. Her vibe was cold, like the old Jessica who they used to know before.

Without wasting any seconds, Chen sprang towards the balcony along with Li Yin trailed from behind. His veins were showing, but it was not because of anger, instead it was due to a huge anxiety which he had for Kris. All of them clearly knew that Kris was someone with a tough personality, but for him to be left alone in the balcony – sounded like he was suffering without Jessica by his side. What was happening to the oldest couple that they used to know before? “Hyung…”

Kris’s troubled gaze met with Chen’s as he let out a heavy sigh. A deep frown was still visible on his smooth forehead before he threw his gaze away towards the busy lives of people out there. “Why did you come, Chen?” His voice was full with tiredness, each breath that he took was rough, and his lips was chapped, dried.

Startled upon seeing his duizhang in a fine figure but miserable emotion, Chen walked closer with knitted eyebrows. “There are three things that I need to tell you.” He paused momentarily to see whether if Kris was listening or not, before the latter nodded and gestured for him to continue. “First of all, I need to tell you that we are worried about you like hell. And seriously, we do care about your existence, duizhang. Your absence in the house is becoming awkward and things aren’t in the right place anymore.” Another deep sigh escaped Kris’s lips before Chen continued, “Second, Se Kyung’s parents came yesterday. They offered all of us a better living — I mean, like they bought Xiu Min a villa next to theirs as a reward for him to saved Se Kyung’s life before. So we agreed to move in next week, if you will agree as well.”

Kris nodded lightly before he glanced back, and realised that Li Yin had gone out of the room, probably was having a talk with Jessica. “If it is for a better living, then why not? Our house is old anyway.” Briefly, he accepted the fact and gestured for Chen to spill the last subject.

With hesitation, Chen spoke up, “Thirdly, this might be a blow for you, but Tao had left.”

“What? Where to?”

“To the future.”

Kris stared back towards Chen with furrowed eyebrows. “Are you kidding me? I never thought him anything about traveling to the future! Only to the past! And when I was training his power to go to the past, Tao barely made it back to the present! Now you are telling me that he is in the future?!” Anger boiled inside of his blood as Kris turned his body around and faced Chen furiously.

“I–I didn’t know about his training! But he really did traveled to the future when I told him to look for Se Kyung noona’s and Xiu Min hyung’s future.”

“Why did you asked him to do that?!”

“It was supposed to be a joke! I didn’t know that Tao was going to take it seriously!”

Crouching to the ground, Kris raked his hair in frustration. Another problem after a problem that is not even solved yet. He shut his eyes tight momentarily before squeaked, “What if Tao witnesses for the worst?”

Chen’s facial expression softened before he bend downwards to the same eye level as Kris. “Like what?”

“Like the day of my death.” Slowly, Kris muttered as he leaned against the wall and slumped his broad shoulders.

“What are you talking about, hyung?” Chen’s tone was quivering with the mix of fear and anxiety. He straightened himself up before staring down towards Kris who massaged his temple lightly.

Heaving out a sigh of dismal, Kris stared towards his knees before he responded, “I don’t want to tell you about this, Chen. At least not yet—because I’m afraid that your relationship with Li Yin noona will be like mine.” A pause was taken as a puff of frosty air escaped his lips. “Just live happily with your girlfriend, for now.”

 


  EXO K – Baby


An arm slipped across Se Kyung’s petite body as Xiu Min embraced her from behind, placing his chin on her shoulder. “Your umma and appa like me.” A genuine smile crept onto his lips when the corner of his eyes saw the pout on Se Kyung’s face.

The girl let out a small giggle as her hands were busy preparing for lunch. “Yes. You should be thankful, oppa. Because they hardly accept the dates that I had with the other guys before.” She curled a strand of hair behind her ear as Xiu Min swayed their bodies side to side in a gentle manner of his.

“The other guys didn’t love you like the way I do. That’s why they like me as your boyfriend.” His lips reached for her blushing cheeks as he planted in a soft kiss.

Se Kyung pouted more before she spoke, “Don’t be cocky, oppa.” Her fingers reached out for the kitchen utensils when a curiosity crept into her mind. “I wonder how you live like when I left you for a month.” Her tone, however, was soft and whispering, as if she hesitated to ask in the first place.

Xiu Min was taken aback slightly before he answered, “Even if you ask the others about this, they will say that I barely lived for the past three weeks.” He pulled his hands away from Se Kyung and spun her around. “I understand why you needed a time alone. But I want you to know that I’m sorry for what I’ve done. I wasn’t in my right –”

“Xiu Min oppa, it’s okay.” Cutting off his sentences in the mid-air, Se Kyung smiled lightly as a sign of forgiveness. “Kris oppa had told me everything. From the reason why you isolated from the others in the past, to the dissociative identity disorder—”

“Wait. Duizhang told you that I have a mental disorder?” Surprisingly, Xiu Min asked with wide eyes. His grip around Se Kyung’s hands loosened as he stared straight into her brown orbs.

Slowly nodding, Se Kyung answered in a puzzle, “Yes. That was the reason why you acted differently before—right?” Her eyes searched for something which she sensed wrong as a light frown made it way up to her forehead.

Xiu Min nodded in hesitation before he replied, “Y-yes. But they said that I could be cured with a true love.”

Abruptly, Se Kyung laughed whole-heartedly while she held his shoulder from the front. “It sounds like a fairy tale! Do you believe in it as well?!” Her orbs were sparkling with childishness as her mind repeated the words from Xiu Min.

The latter only smile before he closed the distance between him and Se Kyung. “If you believe in the fairy tale, then why won’t I? It’s the thing that you are crazy about, ever since the first day we met.” His breath matched Se Kyung’s as both of them took a note of the distance that they had. With a fast beating heart, Xiu Min leaned in, and was about to capture her lips when a voice interrupted their small moment.

“You don’t forgot that I’m still here, right?” With an amused smirk, Lay broke the sweet atmosphere that was lingering around the couple before they tore apart.

“Y-yah! You shouldn’t be here in the first place!” Madly blushing, Xiu Min exclaimed as he looked everywhere except Lay’s teasing gaze and Se Kyung’s embarrassed eyes.

Raising a brow up, Lay shook his head with a boyish chuckle as he stated the matter of fact confidently, “I have been cooking here even before you came and interrupted my professional talk with Se Kyung. Just do it somewhere else, I’d just puked in the foods that I’m cooking for your lunch when you keep on with your lovey-dovey talk.”

“Aww… are you jealous, Lay?” Cheekily asking, Se Kyung shifted over Lay to take a look at his cooking before her expression dropped. “Umm… Lay?”

“Hmm?”
“Did you literally puked in this soup?”

 

 


Lol that's a weird way to end this chapter. Btw, I'm here to tell you that this is the beginning of everythingnot even joking. Haha since this might be the last fluff that will appear in this fic, then why don't you enjoy watching this video below?