Red Roses

Frozen Heart [editing]

 Ellie Goulding - Love me like you do

Untitled-4.png

 

 

»  A tingling sensation spread throughout Se Kyung’s heart as she towards the neighbourhood, where EXO M’s villa had been located at. Perhaps, because she had been too fond with the supernatural members, an inner voice somewhere inside of her suddenly jolted up from nowhere to warn that something was not in the right place. Even though nothing had been right after Kris’s and Jessica’s deaths, Se Kyung knew that another round of storm could easily happen again in the household of EXO M. Not wanting to witness them to break apart from each other like the way they cut the tie off between their old friends back there in the high school with Kai, Se Kyung threw her extra sleep hours to the side, and walked out of her villa at 0700 sharp.

However, just when she was making a sharp turn towards the neighbourhood, her figure bumped onto a rather hard chest. “Sorry, I didn’t see—” But even before the young woman could finish her sentences, the latter brushed past her shoulder with head hung low. Tagged with curiosity, Se Kyung tilted her head downwards to take a peek at the familiar man with black cap, when a pile of information registered into her brain. Without wasting much seconds and let the man to slip past her sight, Se Kyung rapidly grabbed his arm from behind as her voice become brighter. “Luhan oppa?”

Disappointment snapped inside of Luhan as he remained still on the spot, before his figure was slowly being turned around by a pair of warm hands. His eyes, which were shadowed by the cap, examined the expression of Se Kyung as the girl stretched her head downwards, meeting his hard eyes.

“Luhan oppa, what are you doing outside? It’s really cold especially at this hour.” Her chirpy voice rang in his eardrums as a frown crept onto his forehead. Se Kyung straightened up and expected Luhan to follow her gaze, but the man only cascaded his gaze downwards. Unmoving. As if he was caught in a crime. “Luhan oppa?”

“I—just need to see a friend.” Hesitation reached his voice as Se Kyung tilted her head to the side towards that straight yet vague answer. Her head eventually bobbed up and down lightly, after sensing the discomfort that Luhan had in answering her question.

Not wanting to be like a block in a path, Se Kyung softly patted Luhan’s shoulder as she graced up a grin, which brought the man to eventually lift up his chin to flash her a rather thin line of smile. “All right then. Take care, oppa.”

Then he faintly nodded, before he calmly walked past her. And there, Se Kyung noticed the relief that Luhan’s vibe had just released, which may be coming from her encouragement and an honest grin with a warm heart.

A couple of minutes after Se Kyung’s eyes had lost the sight of Luhan, who spun towards the way to the bus stop, the lady decided to resume her way towards EXO M’s house. And that was when her brows began to be knitted together again.

Entering the passcode, taking off her shoes, and closing the door with a gentle shut, Se Kyung dashed upstairs toward Xiu Min’s room. If anything had happened, then she was sure that the oldest one must’ve known about it earlier than anyone else did. So without knocking, Se Kyung rushed into his spacious room before she sat on the corner of his bed. A sour squeeze of guilt attacked Se Kyung’s heart when she watched the innocence in Xiu Min’s sleeping face. However, her frail hands found a way to his hips, as she slowly shook him. “Oppa, wake up.”

Her boyfriend only groaned in the process and Se Kyung’s shake became harder as a light frustration grew inside of her. Something which she didn’t expect, was for Xiu Min’s strong hand to pull her down and wrapped both arms around her neck. “Why are you up so early, Kyungie?” Voice was husky yet deep, perfectly mirroring his waking-up state.

Blush shaded Se Kyung’s cheeks after she’d recovered from the startle. Her palms urged her to push him away, but then she realised that it had been locked and sandwiched in between the bed and her own figure. So Se Kyung let him pulled her closer in his warmness, as she shook her head against his neck. “Oppa, I think something is not right.” Her syllables appeared in a form of murmur, which caused Xiu Min to be confused.

“What?” His eyes travelled down towards her brunette, before the lady raised her head up and came face-to-face with him. A cheeky smile stretched his lips upwards, and he leaned down for a morning kiss.

Se Kyung faked a scowl as she wrinkled her nose at his gesture. “You haven’t even brush your teeth yet!” Blushes were now red as Xiu Min chuckled at her adorableness, and when his fingers were about to pinch her small nose, Se Kyung pushed it away as her tone slightly raised in seriousness. “Oppa, I’m being serious. Can’t you feel it?”

Raising up his brows, Xiu Min asked, “Feel what?”

“That something is wrong.”

His playful expression was soon replaced by a tensed one, and Se Kyung almost wished that she hadn’t mention anything about that tingling sensation which attacked her heart so early in the morning.

“Nothing had been right ever since everything started, right?” His averted gaze landed on hers as it was filled with despair, which leaded his girlfriend to wrap her arms around him for another embrace as she listened to his heartbeat. “What are you worrying about, anyway?”

Se Kyung raised her head up so that it would meet with his gaze, before the earlier frown returned. “The fuss between Chen and Li Yin yesterday. I think I heard some crashes in their room, but then we ignored them because of Lay. And don’t you think that it’d been too quiet ever since then?”

A gentle kiss was planted onto Se Kyung’s forehead, smothering her frown as Xiu Min spoke up, “I don’t know. But it did went quiet that I got into a goodnight sleep yesterday.” A few beats of thinking passed, and Xiu Min continue, “Do you want to check on them?” His palm brushed against Se Kyung’s back as he supported her to get up along with him when the woman nodded in a full anxiety.

 

 

Untitled-4.png

 

 

»  Sailing curtains stuck on the broken window panes, perfect framed memories scattered all around the floor, and red stain of blood painted the white roses which laid not far from a broken vase. Xiu Min widened his eyes in horror as Se Kyung hid behind his masculine figure with a terrified frown. Shiver crept into their spines, before Se Kyung slowly stutter out, “Why didn’t we stop this yesterday, oppa?” Xiu Min noted that her voice was trembling too, and he could feel that the back of his shirt began to get damp.

Turning around with cold sweat and nausea feeling in the pit of his stomach, Xiu Min faced his girl before he held her arms shakily. “Don’t cry.” It was all that Xiu Min could croak out as his thumbs smoothed away her tears of fright. “We will get them bury today.” Despite his shock, Xiu Min managed to hush out his words as a gentle comfort for Se Kyung.

The lady, however, only buried her face onto his broad chest when Xiu Min eventually had her in his embrace. “Too many deaths, oppa. I—I can’t take it anymore. I don’t want to lose more people, more than we already had.” Her sobbing loudened with speeding breath and wishful mutters.

Xiu Min placed his chin on the top of her head, eyes closed in tense. “I don’t know, Se Kyung. I don’t want to believe the curse and everything that Tao had told us… but—” His sentences hung in the middle of the air when the mentioned young man barged into the bleeding room in rush, along with the same surprised reaction which the couple had just showed earlier.

Palm crept onto his hanging mouth, Tao was left speechless. Yet that moment, the man didn’t cry like he always did as the first reaction of something terrible, instead he stood there with a confused face. “Noona, you said that everything that I saw in the future was wrong—but why—why are they lying on the floor? Why did their blood spill from their heads if the future had changed, Se Kyung noona?” Then slowly, with Se Kyung and Xiu Min being parted away by concern towards Tao, innocent tears began to roll down the younger man’s cheek. “I thought that I can spend some happy times with Chen hyung and Li Yin noona like we used to do before! Why did you gave me false hope, Se Kyung noona?!” His voice was hoarsened by the increasing shout as Tao stared straight into Se Kyung’s fearful eyes. His hands were thrown to the side, fists were clenched, and face was wet with tears.

Despite the sourness which smashed her heart, Se Kyung reached out for Tao, until it came in contact with his damp cheek. “Tao, I really didn’t know that this is going to happen—”

“Then why did you sounded so sure that night?! Why did you make me hope that everything is going to be fine?!”

“It is going to be fine soon, Tao—if you could—”

“No! I’m not listening to you anymore, noona! You are a liar!”

In saddening anger, Xiu Min barked out, “Tao!” But the young man stormed out of the room. In tears of broken hope and stronger depression which was just about to fade away.

Who knows that the once harmony morning was actually fabricated with deeply buried tears and another pair of flying souls?

 

 

Untitled-4.png

 2ne1 - come back home

Untitled-4.png

 

 

»  Really, Se Kyung had tried so hard to coax Lay out of his room to attend both Chen’s and Li Yin’s funerals, but the man would not even answer her desperate calls from outside of his bedroom. Se Kyung hadn’t cried that much ever since she’d lost her biological sister, but her friends’ conditions right then, were too painful to hold back her tears and appear strong like what she had told herself to.

So Xiu Min guided her to stand up from sitting in front of Lay’s door, and pulled her into a gentle embrace. Their entire were black since both haven’t change even after the funerals, yet it suited the gloomy mood of the bright day. With glistening tears in a dark villa—everything was just perfect.

When Xiu Min eventually comforted Se Kyung out of the pool of tears, Tao appeared from behind, walking in weak steps. His eyes were red and much more swollen, even though Tao did not attend the funerals earlier. “Noona…” Voice was hoarse and soft, as if seeking for comfort too.

And Se Kyung didn’t wait longer as she opened her arms toward the younger man, inviting him into their embrace. Xiu Min didn’t protest much, until he realised that Tao’s palms were glowing with power. However, just when he was about to trash Tao away from Se Kyung, the three of them were instantly transported into an extremely void time portal.

The oldest one shouted, panicked with the inexperienced time traveller. Yet he knew more than to let go of Tao in the middle of the portal, although the young man never seem to response to his anxiety.

When everything felt like eternity, a blinding light greeted them. Se Kyung tried to squint to keep her sight on, but her palm eventually blocked her eyes from the brightness. Then suddenly, the vibration of pressure stopped, and Se Kyung parted her eyes open, before she stared up toward Tao and Xiu Min beside her, who were startled by the scene before their eyes.

There stood Chen and Li Yin, only about 1 meter away from their reach. Alive. And quarrelling. But as Se Kyung listened to their cries, she noticed that it was Chen who kept shouting at Li Yin—because the older lady only raised her voice up to calm her boyfriend down.

“You said that the future has changed, noona. Then why is the curse taking over Chen hyung yesterday?”

Then, Tao answered her unspoken question. They were indeed back to witness the dreadful history; yesterday. Se Kyung spun her head around towards Tao, who gazed back at her with red eyes. Her rationality urged her to say something as a comfort for Tao’s fragility, yet she found nothing to say. Especially in a situation like that. It was when loud grunts and wails echoed in the room that both of them averted their gazes toward the scene—and instantly regretted the moment they registered the images into their brains.

Chen was holding up a leather belt, but just before it could hit Li Yin, the woman held his wrist up and pinned it behind his figure.

What had gotten into the gentleman Chen who they used to know before?

With one hand holding back his arm, Li Yin strained to reach out for his other wrist in order to avoid the beast from escaping his soul, but Chen’s strength only pushed the woman away from his figure. And Li Yin fell back onto the wooden floor with a loud thud.

Face plastered onto the floor, oppositely lying from Chen, Li Yin found no more from her strength to fight back the approaching boyfriend. So she reached out for anything that was at the tip of her fingers, and without looking, Li Yin rolled her figure over—

—only to come in contact with Chen’s head smashing with the vase she was gripping onto.

Innocent white roses, which Chen bought for her back then during the Valentine’s Day (in their happy moments), were painted with his own blood, turning them into red roses as it scattered all around the room. Chen’s body stood still for a second, and Xiu Min—forgetting his state right then—rushed towards Chen to catch him.

But his good intention was wasted when the older man realised that he couldn’t touch anything, or anyone in that time frame. So Xiu Min shouted. He cried out for Chen, along with rhetorical questions for Tao—yet no one could help him right then.

Se Kyung shifted towards him before she s her arms around his muscular body, tearing up against his shirt when Chen fell just beside them. A gasp escaped Se Kyung’s lips as she parted away, and then her gaze collided with Li Yin’s hollow eyes, who was left startled by her action.

Sobs soon flooded the room, and Li Yin’s fingers seemed to search for something. Se Kyung didn’t notice her intention, until the older woman grabbed a piece of the shattering vase. Se Kyung’s vision was covered by Xiu Min after she saw Li Yin placed the glass on the top of her wrist—then all she heard was a sharp gasp, and a thud.

“Tao, we have seen enough. Send us back. Now.” In firm voice, Xiu Min demanded as he wrapped his arms around Se Kyung’s petite figure. Then without a word, Tao held Xiu Min’s arm before all of them stepped into a time portal again.

 

 

Untitled-4.png

 

 

»  Perhaps Se Kyung was expecting it, that she wasn’t surprised that Tao took them into another time frame. An exasperated sigh left Xiu Min’s lips—even he had nothing to argue with Tao for not fulfilling his demand earlier—knowing how stubborn the younger man could be.

They were in an alien apartment. Well, at least for Se Kyung, it was still new for her to be in that apartment. Albeit not for both Xiu Min and Tao. Both men were wearing the similar tensed expression, and Se Kyung wondered why, when Luhan popped up into the view.

A tiny part of her wanted to jump and jolt towards Luhan, but realising the state she was in, Se Kyung held her intention back and watch as another man who seemed familiar to her, walked into the living room after Luhan.

As if reading her thoughts, Tao whispered some useful information into her ears, matching her puzzle piece. “He is one of the doctors who treated you before. His name is Oh Sehun.” And Se Kyung nodded in realisation, although only lightly as curiosity took over her.

Both of them settled on suede couches, sitting oppositely of each other. Luhan’s stare was surprisingly intense, but the younger man, Sehun, only gave him an unreadable gaze. “So what brought you here?” Breaking the oddly tense silence, Sehun asked.

It took a while for Luhan to give a response. “Kai said that… you—uh—”

Somehow, Se Kyung knew what Luhan was about to said, but chose not to. Because she could still remembered Kai’s statements before – “Sehun said he misses you.”

But then, as if the younger man could read Luhan like an open book, Sehun spoke up the thought, “Said that I missed you, hyung?” His tone remained flat at first, but when it eventually hit the last part, ‘hyung’, it slightly went off—as if Sehun was holding back his tears in mentioning the call.

Slowly, the tensed muscle of Luhan faded away, and he nodded at Sehun’s syllables without gazing up at him. “I missed you too, you know?”

Then for the first time since ages before, Sehun curled up a small smile which snapped both Xiu Min and Tao, Luhan too, and maybe Se Kyung as well after she heard the words from the doctor. “Are you still biual, hyung? Because I’m still waiting for you.”

 

 

Untitled-4.png

 

 

 byunghannie's note Left it there... and allow me to make you guys cry with these KrisHan interactions T_T Don't forget to turn the caption on for English subtitles!