Gone

Frozen Heart [editing]

“Listen to me, Se Kyung.” Cold sweats rolled down Xiu Min’s porcelain skin as his step tried to catch up with Se Kyung, who was storming in front of him ignorantly. Never in his life had he expect for Se Kyung to throw him an act like that, since she always appeared warm and friendly ever since before. Perhaps it all changed after Min Yun blocked their way from each other. It wasn’t his fault, really, as the hug felt nothing to him. The older girl was about to dash towards his girlfriend and snap at her for ‘snatching’ him from her, and Xiu Min had no choice but to put a halt to her vigorous act by pulling her into a forced embrace. His gaze flickered upwards at Se Kyung’s figure from the back before he eventually grabbed her tiny hand into his, and spun her around, facing his anxious reaction. “Kyungie! Stop running away and just listen!”

Furrowing her eyebrows in an attempt to hold in her tears, Se Kyung collided her gaze with Xiu Min’s as she stood there firmly, outside of the bowling centre with the dull shine of a moonlight, watching the broken hearts of theirs. “I thought that this will work out, oppa.” Her tone was hushed and filled with carefulness, as not to give more pain for either both of them.

Slowly, the man parted his grip away from Se Kyung as he sensed her discomfort, before he shifted to the side slightly on purpose to have a full view of her. “It wasn’t as how it seems to be like, Se Kyung.” His palms were raised to place it on her shoulders, as she looked away from his stare, but it was soon met his sides once again with a company of hesitation.

The choices which were given by Key earlier lingered around her mind as she threw her gaze downwards, didn’t have a courage to look into Xiu Min’s eyes. The young woman knew that she should settled the mess up before her soft spot appeared and forced her to follow the selfless way again. And with that, Se Kyung finally made up her decision. She eventually chose to walk into the unspoken third choice, which appeared from the maze of her mind. “Let’s end it here.”

The glued pieces of Xiu Min’s fragile heart broke bit by bit with the painfully invisible stabs when Se Kyung spun around, and walked away. His fists were clenched as he trembled, and Xiu Min stepped forward to have a grab at Se Kyung’s wrist (but he couldn’t) before he shouted, “This really isn’t it, Se Kyung! It was all a mere misunderstanding! Why can’t you even listen to my explanation?!”

With tears forming in the edge of her orbs, Se Kyung vaguely answered, “It is over, oppa. You can go to Min Yun unnie now. And I wouldn’t be on your way any longer.”

“No, Se Kyung!”

“Let’s not see each other again.”

“Se Kyung! Don’t leave!!” A wail escaped his lips as he threw his arm straight towards the girl, along with frost shaded his palms, ready to freeze anything by a touch of his skin. Unaware of the dangerousness of his own being, as his vision was clouded with tears, Xiu Min stormed forward and was about to grab Se Kyung into his arm, when Jessica popped out of nowhere—and rapidly froze at a simple touch of Xiu Min’s palm.

The broken woman spun around at the sound of frosting, before a sharp gasp left her lips, accompanied by an overwhelmed scream of Kris and the others’ rushed steps towards Jessica, who was now a frozen solid. Kris desperately approached his girlfriend when the snow begun to make a slow fall from the grey sky, as tears streamed down his face. “S-Sica …!” His voice was hoarse and painful as his gaze was glued towards the woman, eventually took her into a shaky embrace before he sobbed onto her frozen shoulders.

The others stared wide-eyed towards the dreadful scene, startled by the abrupt event. Key scanned the look in EXO M’s eyes, noticing a wider fear in their orbs. It was then he realised that all of them were supernatural, sneakily hiding the truth from the sight of the humans’ eyes. It was fortunate that no one happened to witness the incident, except for SHINee and the girls. His gaze then cautiously flickered towards s, noting the shock in their orbs which resembled his.

  EXO K – Mama

Kris harshly tried to put a halt in his agony, before he spun around and without a warning, a powerful punch was thrown straight towards Xiu Min’s face, stumbling the unprepared latter backwards. “You ed up bastard! What have you done to my girl?! After everything that we’ve done to help you, you repay us with this?!” Merciless kick arrived at Xiu Min’s toned stomach before the glistening scarlet red of flame dripped out of Kris’s trembling fists.

The older man stepped backwards in fear, as he was aware of how strong Kris’s power was compared to his uncontrolled one. He admitted that he was at the fault, though. The look and wail which came from Se Kyung smashed his heart as the girl was tearing up to witnessed his injured self. However, he still could sense that she was upset and surprised by the sudden revelation of their secrets, as her frown was deeper now. With a pray that he could control his power in order to set Jessica free from the freeze, Xiu Min let the frost to hung beneath his glowing palms as his eyes carefully watched the act of Kris.

“You’ve froze my girlfriend, Xiu Min! You’ve ruined everything! Every single efforts that Jessica and I had put through to pull you away from fear, are lost in a ing touch of your cursed hands!” His orbs were flaring with the red flames before a burst of magma jumped out of his palms, heading straight towards Xiu Min with its carmine colour of sparks.

Panic attacked the latter before he defended himself by returning a gush of ices. But unlike Kris, Xiu Min aimed for the magma instead of the figure of his opponent. The abrupt attack of hidden powers from both males attracted almost everyone to come down and finally witnessed the oddness of nature. They stared in awe mixed with curiosity and fear. EXO M spun their head around to take a notice of the widening crowds, however, they pay no attention to hide the reality any longer. The evidence was in front of their bare eyes, anyway.

Temperatures constantly dropped and raised, depended on who was stronger. Blinding red lights shone through Kris and freezing air, which was below 0 degree, stuck on all around Xiu Min’s figure. Their body glowed and just when Xiu Min thought that he was going to change his target towards Kris instead, a deafening roar could be heard, appearing from the moon. People begun to scatter away with shouts and yells as they pulled their children away from the dreadful scene, staring at nothing but the majestic dragon at the dark sky, flying heavily towards its master.

With furrowed eyebrows and deep frown, Kris gestured for his dragon to stay behind him, spraying lava to surround him from the attack of Xiu Min. His head was tilted up, feeling the power instantly crept beneath his flesh. The dragon spread its gigantic wings beside Kris’s figure, almost embracing him in the pool of magma.

Feeling the tight tense as the dragon eventually show up, both Luhan and Chen rushed to the middle of the battle, trying to put it to an end. With his arms spread up widely facing the grey clouds, Chen pulled out a range of thunder and shot it around Kris, shaping an electromagnetic cage. His efforts, however, met its end in an instant as the older one flew upwards along with his dragon, and sped up straight towards Xiu Min from above.

On the other side, Luhan was trying hard to take over a mind control of Kris, before he floated Xiu Min up to the side, shifting him away from the dragon’s attack. Kris and his dragon eventually were sent crashing to the ground, causing it to crack and formed an uneven circle. Shades of black smoke covered the place as Luhan settled Xiu Min down to the ground, and anxiously dashed towards Kris.

Beads rolled down on all of the worn-out faces of EXO M as they approached the leader cautiously. Vaguely, the unconscious figures of Kris and his dragon could be seen, lying motionlessly on the cracked ground. Without any further hesitation, Lay hoped down the hole and checked for his pulse, hoping that it wasn’t the end. Even though Lay was the calmest member in the group, the disappearing of Kris’s pulse only brought him more panic as he struggled to find any sign of life. Fading up, Lay eventually light up a sparkle of his power, and placed his palms onto Kris’s broad chest. But he felt nothing. Nothing was beating. “Duizhang… duizhang! Please don’t scare us like this! This is a mistake, hyung—duizhang—Kris! Please! Wake up!” Cold tears flowed down Lay’s porcelain skin as he shook Kris’s shoulders, hoping for him to be conscious. A yell escaped his lips before a deafening wail vibrated throughout the whole places, accompanied by a blinding light glowed from Lay’s figure.

In the middle of the powerful wail, every single person were sent unconscious, pitch black was what they saw in that tragic night.

 


  Ailee – Goodbye My Love


 

Se Kyung had never felt extremely horrible as soon as she woke up from a void dream. She didn’t know why, but at the moment she became conscious, she found herself sweating in her bed, and panting hard. Fingers sweeping away her messy fringe, Se Kyung sit up and tried to calm herself down, steadying her breath. Her gaze flickered over her sweaty palm, a sudden feeling of emptiness crept into her heart. She wondered her gaze around the neatly huge room, somehow felt that something was missing. Something important. But she couldn’t wreck her brain out to remember it. And it only brought herself to pant faster.

It was odd, really. Finding herself sleeping in a room without any traces of the memory for how she ended up there, was terrifying. Usually, the girl would remember every details of her dreams, but that day, she couldn’t. Moreover, Se Kyung had no idea on how she got to bed yesterday. Or was it yesterday? Why did it felt like she had been through a countless number of days before? Perhaps there was a day between it—or perhaps more had happened between those days. However, Se Kyung couldn’t remember.

Her palm rubbed her cheek in curiosity before she hung her legs from the King-sized bed. Breathing out softly, Se Kyung eventually stood up and made a way towards the bathroom with an absent mind, not knowing what to expect.


----------------------
 

It had been normal. Too normal, even. And empty. Se Kyung shoved her plate of toast away as she stared off, deep in thoughts. Her parents had left for business as usual, and her sister, Min Yun, was sitting in front of her cross-legged, eating the toast. The older woman gazed over her sister with raised eyebrows, asking, “You’ve been lost in thoughts this morning. Want to share it with me?”

And Se Kyung found nothing wrong with having her sister right in front of her, acting all elegantly. It matched perfectly with the design of their house, as a touch of modern mixed with elegance flooded every inches of the villa. With a mere attention to Min Yun, Se Kyung replied, “Yes, actually. Unnie, don’t you feel like something is empty today? Like, there’s something important missing.” Her tone was full of hope, wishing for an explanation to her odd feeling.

A small chuckle escaped Min Yun’s lips as she spread a strawberry jam across the toast, smirk pulled up the corner of her glossy lips. “Maybe you just need a man in your life. And say, are you , Se Kyung?”

Widened her eyes towards the elder one’s word, Se Kyung responded a beat too quickly, “No! Unnie!”

“What? Just say it if you are. I have plenty of guys wrapped around my fingers. You can have one if you want, really.”

And that was when it hit her. Min Yun wasn’t like her sister that she used to know before. Did something happened? How did she change completely opposite from the way she used to be? Se Kyung shook off the thoughts alongside of responding for her sister’s offer. “No, unnie. You knew that I’m not that kind of girl.”

“Well, you are grown up now. So it’s legal. Umma and appa aren’t home, anyway. And I’m bringing a guy to our house tonight. A hot one.” Casually, Min Yun spoke up as she mindlessly took a bite of the toast.

Se Kyung sent her a small nod in acknowledgement of her words, although a disgusted feeling begun to crept into her heart upon seeing her sister’s 360 change in attitude. “I guess that I have to go to the University now.” With that, the younger woman stood up and forward, leaving Min Yun all alone in her own world.


----------------------
 

As her figure stepped out of the villa, a tinge of agony washed over the earlier emptiness as her head automatically was spun to the side, staring towards the villa next door. Just like that, Se Kyung firmly stood in front of her car, facing the villa. Deep inside her heart, she could sense that something was wrong, something which shouldn’t be happening in the first place. And somehow, Se Kyung felt that it was a part of her own fault of the unknown sadness to appear.

The air which embraced her was cold, and it was understandable since it was winter after all—but the coldness was numb and absent, as if it was trying to tell her that there was more reality hidden in the surrounding air.

It was until a surprising horn snapped Se Kyung up from the trail of her thoughts that she flinched, and tore her stare away from the villa. A few meters away from her, were Sulli and Tae Yeon, waving towards her from their car. With the curl of her lips, Se Kyung waved back as a cheerful girl she was, and stepped into the car, leaving the question unsolved.


----------------------
 

The SHINee boys seemed to be experiencing the same condition as hers at the moment Se Kyung met them again in the cafeteria. It was crowded as usual. And the crowd was trying to remind her of something, but then again, Se Kyung couldn’t strain herself to remember it. Was she having the symptoms of amnesia? Her gaze collided with Key’s, who wore his knitted eyebrows, before all of them greeted each other. As usual. “Are you all okay, oppa? How was your day yesterday?” It was clear that Se Kyung purposely mentioned yesterday, which emphasised the void dream that she experienced, and the disappearing of memories from yesterday.

“It—wasn’t okay, really. I honestly had no idea of everything that happened yesterday, and woke up drenched in sweats.” It was Min Ho who replied as he shrugged his shoulders casually, not wanting to think about it furtherer.

His girlfriend, Sulli, abruptly turned to catch a look towards Min Ho’s orbs before she exclaimed, “I was having the same state as well this morning! Like, I really couldn’t remember anything—even my dreams!” She took a sip of her hot mocha and just like that, the circle of friends begun to discuss about the oddness of the start of their day. Noting the similarity of each other’s pitch black, void dreams.