Change Me Again

Frozen Heart [editing]

  Ryeowook ft D.O – Missing You


 

Xiu Min reached for the passenger’s door of Se Kyung’s car when he halted his act, as the girl spoke even without gazing at him, “Min Yun unnie will sit at the front with me.” Her tone was soft yet cold, as if she was holding the urge to cry. Having no clue to her sudden act, Xiu Min shifted towards the back door with a glance at Min Yun who seemed to be startled by Se Kyung’s demand. Perhaps she just wants to spend more time with her sister. They’ve just met with each other after all.

The older girl nodded in a rushed hesitant before she stepped forward, and pulled the door opened. Her gaze landed on Se Kyung slightly before she stared towards Xiu Min, who was settling at the back seat with the others. Not wanting to get involved into Se Kyung’s problem with her fellow friends, Min Yun only shrugged the curiosity off and smiled carelessly.

In silence, Luhan eyed the act of both Se Kyung’s and Xiu Min’s as he lightly pressed his lips in a firm line. As a friend he was, Luhan wished for them to settle down even though he noticed that his feelings begun to grow once again for Se Kyung. Luhan clearly knew that seeing the couple happy will lead him to let the feelings to sink down and eventually faded away. However, the way both of them treated each other now—by seeing Se Kyung hurt—will only encouraged Luhan to comfort her and bring her the happiness by shoving Xiu Min away, thus leading him to the false way of path in the future.

Noticing the tense of air in the car, Lay tapped Se Kyung’s shoulder from behind and informed, “Se Kyung, everyone’s already here. Except for Kris hyung, Tao and Chen. I think they have something to do first. But what about SHINee hyung(s), Tae Yeon noona and Sulli? Are they going to fit this car too?” His eyes travelled for a single empty seat, but even the others at the back had to squeeze in to be able to sit properly. Secretly, Lay praised Se Kyung for bringing MPV instead of her usual medium-sized car.

Stepping out of the trail of her thoughts, Se Kyung then glimpsed over her shoulder before she gave a nod towards Lay. “Thank you for telling me, Lay. I hope that the three of them won’t be bored at home.” Lightly smiled, she exclaimed and gazed towards Min Yun who currently was playing with her phone. “I’ve called SHINee, and they are going with Onew oppa’s car instead. Sulli will be going with Tae Yeon unnie’s car. We will all meet at the destination.” Trying hard to sounded bright, Se Kyung pulled up a smile as she wondered her gaze towards the others at the back—but she eventually averted her gaze away when it collided with Xiu Min’s.

Taken aback by the gesture of his girl, Xiu Min gathered up his courage to ask, “Where is our destination?” He sensed that something was wrong, as Se Kyung never seemed to have the crestfallen reaction before. Except now. Was it his fault?

Swallowing down her saliva, Se Kyung replied half-heartedly, “Garosu-gil.”

 


  Kim Sung Kyu – 60 Seconds


 

Luhan hopped down the car with a faux smile as he stared forward momentarily, before he rushed to the driver side, and opened the door for Se Kyung. “We are here! Let’s enjoy the day, okay?” His eyes crinkled at the sight of Se Kyung’s small smile when the girl pushed the door closed.

“Kyungie! Why are we here for? We could go to the Namsan Tower instead of this place!” Obliviously complaining, Sulli threw her gaze towards the sight of the streets, which were severe with strangers. Her eyes then caught the sight of Key, who stepped out of Onew’s car, staring fiercely towards someone. In curiosity, Sulli followed the latter’s gaze and she knitted her eyebrows in confusion.

Sensing the thick air of curiosity, Se Kyung flashed Tae Yeon, Sulli and the SHINee boys a warm grin before she pulled the older girl closer. “Sulli, we are here to take my sister, Min Yun unnie, around Seoul as she’d just arrived this morning.” She let out a soft gasp when Min Yun pulled her hand away from her grip. Was her grip too harsh just now? Or did Min Yun felt uncomfortable to be close to her? But they were sisters after all …?

Tae Min tilted his head to the side cutely as he eyed the older girl with blank gaze. “Your sister? But you didn’t have any, Se Kyung noona. Is she a cousin?”

Just when the young woman was about to parted her lips to speak, a familiar voice interrupted them, and answered on Se Kyung’s behalf, “They used to have a sister before, but—something occurred—I think.” Key halted his words awkwardly, thinking as he stared holes into Min Yun. “I don’t wish to interfere your personal live, so I hope that you wouldn’t ask much too, Tae Min.” Even without gazing towards the said latter, Key spoke up while his eyes were glued at Min Yun, as if he was suspecting something.

Trying best to smile, Se Kyung grabbed Min Yun’s cold hand again before she exclaimed, “As long as my unnie is here now, right? Then let’s go for shopping! Unnie had just arrived today, and umma had told me to buy her some new clothes!” With a slight vibration in her voice, Se Kyung threw her gaze towards the older female excitedly.

Xiu Min watched the two girls in confusion when his eyebrows knitted lightly. Something is off. His orbs reflected the small act of Min Yun who tore her hand away from Se Kyung’s grip. Even from before, Xiu Min realised that the older girl kept breaking any skin contact with her sister. As far as he knew, sisters hardly hesitate for skin contact even if they were like cats and dogs. Did things really changed dramatically after 5 and a half years?

“Then let’s move on!” With enthusiasm, Luhan cheerfully declared as the others followed his steps from behind with endless chatter. Although Luhan appeared hard to be bright, he knew that it would be almost impossible for him to strike a genuine conversation right then. Thoughts about the earlier scene between Xiu Min and Min Yun, mixed with his old feelings which begun to healthily grow again, blocked his mind from thinking brightly. Luhan noticed that he wasn’t himself after the 5 years of recovery. Instead, he was the similar man from the past, who broke because of love. Only this time, he was able to fully control his power. Soft sigh escaped his lips as he threw his gaze downwards, and heavily walked.

The loud chatter drown Se Kyung into her thoughts when an image of her sister, who skipped merrily towards Xiu Min, flashed in front of her eyes. A piercing stare, which filled with anxiety from Key besides her, was left unnoticed. Se Kyung swallowed her saliva at the sight of Min Yun trying to grab Xiu Min’s attention. With vague courage, she assumed that Min Yun only had an intention to be their friends. She was new, after all.

“Kyungie, go and walk with Luhan hyung.” With seriousness in his tone, Key ordered as he patted her back, bringing Se Kyung back to reality. To him, everything was loud and clear. Due to life experiences, Key could see every single hurt, pain, and fake expressions from those three people — Se Kyung, Xiu Min and Luhan. Him without any speciality or power, could easily read their mind like an open book.

Taken aback by his sudden request, Se Kyung brought her gaze up towards Key in confusion. “Sorry, oppa?”

“Luhan hyung. He seems lonely. Talk to him.”

Upon hearing the latter’s name being mentioned, Se Kyung quickly averted her gaze away, towards Luhan in curiosity. Her eyebrows were knitted, finally seeing the state of Luhan. “Aren’t you going to walk along, oppa?”

With a shook of head, Key pulled up a sincere smile. “You go ahead. I’ll catch up with Min Ho, Sulli and Lay.” He left Se Kyung’s shoulder a gentle squeeze before his feet jogged towards the other three human beings who talked slowly with genuine grins, plastered on their faces.

Se Kyung’s eyes trailed over Key’s figure before the corner of her lips curled up a smile, and carefully walked towards Luhan. It was odd for her–or anyone else–to see Luhan in an unmotivated state. If it wasn’t because of Key, Se Kyung would never noticed about his different attitude that day. “Lu oppa? Are you okay?”

The soft voice of Se Kyung snapped Luhan out of his thoughts as he shifted his gaze towards the girl beside. With a light nod, he replied, “Yes. I’m fine, Kyungie. Why are you asking?” His eyes crinkled into serene crescents, his lips formed a beautiful smile, and his heart thumped faster at the sight of her sweet behaviour.

The young woman lightly pouted as she stared straight into his brown orbs. “You’re lying.” She purposely paused to see his small shocked reaction before continued, “You don’t talk much today… and you walk alone. Even though I don’t know you long enough, at least I knew that you always are cheerful. Besides Tae Min, you’ll always be my bright buddy.” Flashing him her best smile, Se Kyung hooked her hand with Luhan’s arm in a playful manner of hers. “But today, you act differently. Is something wrong?”

Luhan’s ears detected the lowered of her volume in the last sentences. He knew that Se Kyung was worried, but was that anxiety appeared the same as the one that she gave to Xiu Min? If no one was there, Luhan would have ruffled his hair in frustration. He had to stop that feeling, but with Se Kyung’s friendly act like this — yet, when did they became so close? “Nothing, Kyungie. Maybe I’m just still awkward to be around SHINee. I’ve just found out that they are popular, days before.”

“You are bad.” An amused smile crept on the corner of Se Kyung’s lips as the image of Luhan’s surprised reaction registered in her mind. “You are so bad at lying.” She turned to look at his face, which brightened, as a chuckle escaped his lips.

The man only nodded, amused before he ruffled her brunette playfully. “It’s something that you shouldn’t know, Kyungie.”

“You said that we are best buddies.”

“I know—we are indeed. But sometimes, it is better for you not to know.”

Se Kyung let a pout to sit on her lips when the thoughtful words of Luhan vibrated her eardrums. Gripping warmly on his arm, she stated, “All right then. But if it has been a real burden to you, please don’t hesitate to share it with me, okay?”

A pause was taken by Luhan as he threw his gaze downwards, and answered, “When it is the right time — then I will.” He knew that he was hurt because of Se Kyung’s close friendship with him (which was extremely dangerous for his own good), but nonetheless, Luhan gathered up his courage, and pulled up a grin, eventually.

Just when both of them were peacefully walking side by side, a loud voice halted their steps, “Yah! This store sells branded clothes! And my wardrobe has lots of empty spaces anyway, so why don’t we stop by for a look?” It was Jong Hyun with his wide smile as his hand already pulled the poor Onew along.

From outside, it appeared to be like a normal store—a mere street shop, even. However, with the flash of colourful clothes and designs, which were displayed at the most front of the store, erased the first judgement of mere glances, thus attracting people to enter in curiosity.

“I knew that you are a CEO now, Jong Hyun. But that doesn’t means that you have to wear such expensive clothes like your artists as well!” Teasingly complaining, Tae Yeon laughed along with Sulli, although they ended up entering the store after all.

A sudden tug on the hem of Se Kyung’s shirt brought her attention over, as she glanced back, only to meet with Min Yun’s pleading gaze. “You see, Se Kyung. I didn’t bring any money with me since I’ve just arrived. So… could you please pay for my clothes later?” Her voice was a tad intimidating, clearly contrasted with fake large eyes that she flashed Se Kyung.

The younger woman hesitantly nodded, before she spoke, “Of course I can, unnie! I’m on the charge of paying your stuffs anyway, so just grab anything that you like–I’ll pay.” Forcefully pulling up a smile, Se Kyung assured Min Yun before the latter skipped away, leading towards EXO M — or more precisely, Xiu Min.

“Your new unnie is not using you, right?” The abrupt appearance of Tae Yeon, who walked beside both Se Kyung and Luhan, made the younger girl to jumped lightly. Her vivid brunette was softly slapped by the gentle air as she tilted her head towards Se Kyung, seeking for an answer.

“Min Yun unnie is not my new unnie.” Firmly, Se Kyung stated as she stared towards Tae Yeon, somehow feeling defeated. “She is my unnie—since before.” Perhaps it was due to Min Yun’s act of trying to be close to Xiu Min – when both of them were in a silent war – slowly frustrated Se Kyung, which caused her to take Tae Yeon’s words seriously. Or maybe, it was the time for her to think with an extreme rationality after all.

Tae Yeon let out a sigh, letting the pure smoke of frost in the winter escaped her pink lips. “I know.” A reasonable pause was taken before she threw her gaze away, as the three of them slowly entered the store. “You knew that I don’t usually like this—but whoever she is, don’t let yourself to feel down. Even if you ask Luhan, he will agree that you look better smiling, right Luhan?” Her head was tilted over to gaze at the male, as a sweet smile plastered on her face.

Afraid of being caught off-guard for staring affectionately towards Se Kyung, Luhan instantly nodded in agreement with eyes averted towards Tae Yeon. “Y-Yes, she does! Se Kyung looks the prettiest when she smiles… just like me!” He shamelessly admitted, causing the younger girl to laughed, when the most genuine grin finally pulled his lips upwards – perhaps upon listening to her giggle.

Ruffling her hair softly, Tae Yeon watched the gesture of Luhan, who seemed different today. Or was it just her imagining things for not seeing them after a long time? “Look. I’ve told you. Although I don’t really know about your family history, and even though Min Yun-ssi is your sister after all — if she brings you down — then I will not hesitate to declare a war with her, okay? Because I hate seeing the only ‘sister’ (Se Kyung) that I have upset.” Her orbs reflected the love that she had for Se Kyung, as both of them had been knowing each other since they were little. Because of that, Tae Yeon looked at Se Kyung as her own sister – although it wasn’t even close to the reality.

“All right, Tae Yeon unnie. I love you too.” Playfully exclaimed with a touched heart, Se Kyung lightly embraced Tae Yeon in sincerity.

“Tae?” The sudden mention of her name caused Tae Yeon to pull apart from the brief hug as she glanced over, and saw Onew waiting for her at the entrance of the store. In disappointment, she asked, “Is it time already?”

Nodding, Onew then shifted his gaze towards both Se Kyung and Luhan, who gave him a questioning look. “Yes.”

With a quick pout, Tae Yeon turned to Se Kyung and sent her a pair of apologetic eyes. “I’m sorry, Kyungie. But I need to go now. There’s a meeting between me and Onew’s company.”

As an understanding girl she was, Se Kyung nodded with a heavy heart as she witnessed Tae Yeon rushed towards the waiting Onew. A gentle tug on her sleeve brought her attention back as the pout was replaced by a light grin.

“Tae Yeon noona have told you not to be upset. Then let’s go and find your clothes as well, okay? Let’s find the prettiest one for your smile!” Brightly, Luhan exclaimed as he spread his hands widely.

Amused, Se Kyung wrinkled her nose cutely before she skipped forward along with Luhan by her side. “I’ve never heard any cheesiness from you before, Luhan oppa. What’ve made you changed?” That question actually sounded more like a statement to both of them as the words slowly dispersed into the cold air of winter.

Maybe you’ve changed me, again—Se Kyung. He tilted his head upwards slightly, as his feet unconsciously brought both of them in front of a mannequin, fully dressed in those branded clothes. Upon seeing the stylish clothes which may fit Se Kyung’s figure perfectly, Luhan turned his head towards the girl, only to see her, lightly gaping at the sight before her eyes. Curious, Luhan followed her gaze, and pressed his lips in a firm line.