Alone

Frozen Heart [editing]


  U KISS – Remember


 

A huge four dimensional room was bleak with the winter tide which quickly was approaching. The room wasn’t tenebrous, but the dim light glowed dully. Autumn air collided invisibly, its molecules scattered around, matched the garbled mind of Xiu Min. Today was the last night for them to spend together in the hospital. 2 weeks had passed by as rapidly as the wind blows.

Crouching, a deep frown could be seen on his forehead. Eyes were gazing towards the peaceful face of Se Kyung in despair. Xiu Min sighed heavily – he didn’t understand why it felt so hard to leave. After an accurate explanation from the head of the hospital, who was known as Dr Oh, it had been clarified that the condition of Se Kyung was 100% normal. The fact that she had recovered quickly hurt him - he didn’t know why it felt insanely upset when he should be happy for her fast recovery. His eyebrows were knitted together before he shut his eyes in the lack of certainty. Maybe I should just leave now. He brought his hands towards his face, covering his depressed expression. Yes, that would be the best. At least I wouldn’t have to face her when the morning comes.

Squeezing his eyes shut momentarily, Xiu Min let himself waste the time by staring at Se Kyung with a heavy heart. This feeling will stop soon. It is just temporary. Remember, Xiu Min – you haven’t communicate with females for 5 years, so you might just getting this feeling merely because she is the first girl who you’d met after Min Yun passed away. Nodding in a vague determination, Xiu Min tore his gaze away from Se Kyung before he stood up and spun around. However, a sudden soft grip around his wrist halted his steps. Eyes widened, Xiu Min slowly looked downwards at the small hand – Se Kyung’s.

“Promise —”

Her eyes are still closed.

“- me -”

Is she still asleep?

“— a fairy”

She is murmuring something.

“- fairy tale.

Taken aback by her purely innocent request, Xiu Min’s hard expression softened. A light smile graced on his lips as he spun 90 degree around, gazing gently towards Se Kyung who was furrowing her eyebrows as she was asleep. “You never mention about talking in your sleep, Se Kyung.” Almost inaudibly, Xiu Min whispered right before the smile turned upside down. Looking away, Xiu Min slowly removed her soft grip around his wrist as he spun around. Too bad that you’ve met someone like me. The steps that he took were tardy and lingering. Doubt filled his heart, although he was sure that the door of his heart had been shut tightly. How was it even possible for it to leave a gap between? Trying to be deaf with every single guilt, thoughts, and feelings, Xiu Min only moved forward until his palm met with the door knob of the huge room.

Mr M —”

                “— are you willing to give me a fairy tale?”

Sighing, Xiu Min lowered his gaze as his Adam apple moved. “Not me, Se Kyung. Not me.”

 

-------------------------

 

The dullness of the sun could be sensed clearly at the moment the flutter of Se Kyung’s eyes opened. Instantly, she sat up, remembered a vague dream about Xiu Min’s leaving her alone in a world full of mazes. Her breathe was unstable, her eyes were traveling for a familiar figure to be asleep on the bed-couch which was placed at the other side of the room, and the rate of her heartbeat increased. “Oppa?”

“Se Kyung! You are awake!” The chirpiness of Sulli snapped Se Kyung out of her anxiety, even though her heartbeat refused to thump in a normal speed. The latter walked towards the hospital bed along with a bag which was shaded with the colour of aqua blue. Her twinkling eyes stopped her soul from noticing the anxiety in Se Kyung’s eyes.

Letting her gaze to wonder around, Se Kyung turned her head confusedly towards Sulli with a hopeful reaction. “Sulli, where’s Xiu Min oppa?” The shakiness in her voice could be detected as Sulli stared at her in disquiet.

Standing in front of Se Kyung, Sulli stated, “I don’t know. He wasn’t here when I came.” Honestly, she replied before she tugged the soft thick blanket away from Se Kyung’s body. “Just get up already! You need to leave now!” The air blew the blanket slightly upwards, making the unwelcome air attack Se Kyung with coldness.

Surprised with the disappearance of Xiu Min, Se Kyung supported herself up from the bed absentmindedly. The memory of yesterday was still fresh in her mind, along with the other memories when Xiu Min spent his time by looking after her in the hospital. All of the memories clearly shown her that both of them were happy, even though Xiu Min rarely smile. They talked, exchanged stories, and knowing each other better. But where was he now? Don’t he had the urge to at least say goodbye to her? Se Kyung truthfully couldn’t seek for the reason why Xiu Min left her hanging like this – as far as she could remember, she did not irritated Xiu Min all the way through his accompany in the hospital. So why now? Where was he? Why did he left her alone?

“Se Kyung, we are in front of the car.” The sound of Tae Yeon’s voice snapped Se Kyung out of her memories which travelled from two weeks ago until yesterday. The older one, Tae Yeon, shook Se Kyung’s shoulder lightly. Anxiety was written on all over her face as she eyed Se Kyung’s unusual sad expression. “Are you sure that you are completely cured now? You didn’t look great to me.”

Briefly nodding, Se Kyung flashed Tae Yeon a bland smile before she averted her gaze towards Sulli who shut the car boot after her bag was placed inside. Her crestfallen face was still visible when Tae Yeon leaded her into the car, driving off towards Se Kyung’s mansion.

 

 

 

 

A 30 minutes ride seemed to be longer to Se Kyung’s eyes. She threw her gaze out, trying to enjoy the scenery which she hasn’t seen for three weeks, rather than to think about Xiu Min’s sudden leave. Eyes reflected wistful which came deep from her heart when Se Kyung realised something. “Unnie, where’s umma and appa?” Widened her eyes in the search of the beloved ones, Se Kyung then stared at Tae Yeon who sat at the driver seat in front of her. “And where’s SHINee?”

Smiling lightly, Tae Yeon finally felt a tad relieved upon hearing the fact that Se Kyung was still aware of her surroundings. She wondered why Se Kyung seemed off today. “I thought that I’ve told you earlier, Kyungie.” Pausing to see the said person’s reaction, Tae Yeon continued, “Your parents have meetings this morning, and your SHINee oppas have to attend some interviews for part-time work. You guys are graduating soon, right? Well, at least not for Onew and Jong Hyun who already majored in writing and was now working an entertainment company as the CEO.” A chuckle escaped her lips when the mention of those two men who she knew so dearly was now at the top of the pyramid – Onew continued as a K-Drama writer, and Jong Hyun, who had just discovered about his amazing voice, created a company under his name. Tae Yeon herself owned an art graphic studio where she displayed all of her artworks before it could be sold off towards her business partners.

Silently acknowledging the whereabouts of the others, Se Kyung murmured lightly as she threw her gaze outside again. The frown on her smooth forehead had long gone, which made she looked as emotionless as ever. The usual Se Kyung wasn’t like this – that usual Se Kyung would always had a bright smile plastered on her face even though her stylist had always been telling her that she suits to look emotionless rather than childish. But Se Kyung didn’t mind it, and keep living. So what was happening now? Why did she changed in all of sudden? It was sure not because of what the others said about her, perhaps it was due to the love that started blooming roughly.

“Se Kyung, we’ve arrived! Should we throw a party for your come back?”

A party for Xiu Min’s disappearance?

 

-------------------------

 

The small old room was filled with crystal blue frost. A loud groan escaped Xiu Min’s lips, even his vibe seemed to be changed into a fragile blue shadow. His forehead was cramped with confusion, vague conclusion, and a picture of a girl. Sighing, Xiu Min shut his eyes tightly as he crouched, getting up from the bed. this. What’s happening to me?

A creak of the door could be heard, Chen popped his head out from the door with a line of anxious smile. “Hyung, Lay is calling for dinner.” Informing, his voice croaked lightly, symbolised the pain that he felt when one of s was in a condition like Xiu Min.

“I have no appetite.” Curtly, Xiu Min responded as he crumpled his face while gazed downwards. His black hair was in a mess, as if a storm had just crashed over his compact room.

Leaving a gap for him to stand between the door and the wall, Chen’s grip on the door knob tightened in disappointment. “But hyung, you haven’t ate anything since the morning.” His feet were trying to approach Xiu Min, who was in a terrible condition, in gentle steps.

“Don’t come closer.” Sternly, Xiu Min warned as his eyes shot up towards Chen. “I’m not in my greatest mood.”

Sending him a firm smile, Chen stood still in front of the bed, where Xiu Min crouched at, patiently. He stared straight into Xiu Min’s penetrating gaze while being careful with each of his positions in that frosty room. “I knew that you won’t hurt me, hyung. Do you want me to serve you dinner in this room? At least you have something to eat.” Calmly, Chen offered with a good intention.

Exhaling the white vapour which came from his mouth, Xiu Min shook his head blankly. “No, Chen. I don’t want to.”

“Then what do you want? I will get it for you.”

“I want nothing.”

Do you want Se Kyung?

Startled by Chen’s sudden utterance, Xiu Min gazed up in surprise. He had the urge to reply – to say no in so much confirmation, but his voice refused to talk. His frozen heart stopped him from refusing the matter of the fact which was laid clearly in his eyes, but his mind was blocking the curtain of the reality from his sight.

“I will call Li Yin.”

 

-------------------------

 

Day by day passed like the flipped of pages in a novel. Everything remained the same; the loneliness, emptiness, and dullness. Nothing change except for the date of the calendar which came and went. Time flew, but the thoughts didn’t. A set of mind was still lingering at the moments when they spent together, even though it wasn’t a happy and a fairy tale story to begin with, at least they knew each other more – and at least Se Kyung knew that Xiu Min was an existent human being.

Staring off the space, Se Kyung embraced herself as the cold wind passed by her petite figure. A soft blanket with the shade of pastel colours wrapped her body warmly, covering her from the frosty weather. Tomorrow is winter. The old song which accompany her ever since she stepped back into her empty mansion, ‘Tablo ft. Tae Yang – Tomorrow’, was playing in her aqua blue headphone. A rare sigh escaped Se Kyung’s rosy lips. She was healthy, she was now free, she was able to see more wonderful scenery – but why did the world seemed so dull in her eyes?

A soft knock on the door of her garden snapped Se Kyung out of her thoughts. In instant, she brought her gaze up, only to meet with a pair of sincere eyes. “Hello, may I help you?” A bland smile crept up onto the corner of Se Kyung’s lips as she eyed the older girl, who was also a stranger, in front of her. Thinking that it was rude to not greet a possible guest properly, Se Kyung stood up and faced the other girl politely.

“Hello there, I’m Zhang Li Yin. EXO M’s friend.” In a friendly manner of hers, Li Yin introduced herself with a peaceful-kind of smile. Her fingers curled a strand of hair behind her ears when Se Kyung offered her for a seat at the beautifully designed wooden bench. “First of all, I apologies with my sudden appearance. I came here with Chen, guided by Jong Hyun after they signed a contract for work.”

Blinking her eyes in interest, Se Kyung asked, “Work? As far as I know, Jong Hyun oppa only owned an entertainment company. Did Chen signed up for a singer? May I ask what your relation with Chen is?” Throwing her questions like bullets, Se Kyung stared straight into Li Yin’s dark orbs in a child’s curiosity.

Smiling softly, Li Yin replied, “What if we go to their house first before I explain everything to you?”

 

 

 


A huge thanks to OrangeBright for recommending Zhang LiYin to me ;) I was as stuck as ever when Chen's girl is supposed to be up in this chapter. Updates will be once a week from now on since I'll be busy with exams. Sorry :/ couldn't help it. If only I can throw this stupid examination away, I would have done it genuinely.

 

Short update is , I knew. I honestly am sorry about that.