Uncontrollable

Frozen Heart [editing]

  Big Bang – Monster


 

Tantrums spilled on all over the places, ices scattered on the porcelain floor, burns were left marked permanently on the classical walls, lifeless objects flung from place to place, angry voices demanded to be died down, forces vibrated throughout the household, and harsh tears faded into steams.

A dodge was taken by Xiu Min as a gigantic vase smashed on the top of his head, scattered on all over his figure. His arms shielded his face from letting the sharp pieces of glass to pierce into his flesh, as if the double injuries which he obtained weren’t already enough (from both physically and emotionally).

“You ing murderer! Haven’t you got enough from killing your own girlfriend?! Are you happy now that you have our leader to be dead in your filthy hands?!” Fire flamed in Chen’s dark orbs, as he another lightning towards Xiu Min, only to be collided with an abrupt appearance of an iceberg.

Drown in a mess of tears, Li Yin crouched down before she hugged Chen’s legs tightly, desperate to put an end to her boyfriend’s violence. “Kim Jong Dae! Please—stop all of this! I’m begging you, don’t hurt Xiu Min again! He is not at the fault! Your duizhang didn’t passed away because of him! It was all a mistake! A mistake—Jong Dae!” Her words were soon cut off as Chen threw her away by trashing her shoulders, and instantly shot a thunderbolt towards the other male.

Tao sat there on the corner with tears flowing down his bagged eyes. His knees were hugged onto his chest and endless wails escaped his cracked lips. He knew that this was coming, but he couldn’t change anything. No matter how many times he had stopped the time and tried to avoid the fights from occurring, it still managed to appear in the most unexpected way. Clouded by tears, the youngest one could witnessed the chaos in their household. From chairs turned into pieces of broken woods, to lamps crashed down into tiny daggers of glasses.

Telekinesis accompanied Luhan as his eyes glowed in tears. His palms trembled uncontrollably when the scattered pieces of crystal daggers lined up in the middle of the air. Swallowing hardly, Luhan eventually targeted for Xiu Min, who collapsed onto the floor with an arm loosely shielding his face. The latter got no time to escape, as the glasses mercilessly pierced into his flesh, thus splotched blood on all over his figure, painting the scene in redness.

Another scream filled the villa as Li Yin pleaded for it to ends, heart was harshly being stabbed over and over again by the deaths of Kris along with her best friend, Jessica, and by the act of her own boyfriend who didn’t seem to help the situation at all. Her frail hand reached out for Lay, who was watching the scene in front of him motionlessly, as he already was depressed by everything. His face showed nothing, eyes were filled with emptiness. No tears. No anger. Only blankness. With a desperate shook of his shoulders, Li Yin cried out, pleading him to come to his sanity and consciousness. However, it was no use as Lay’s body only shook lifelessly and remained unmoving. Li Yin gave in after a few constant, meaningless shook and eventually crouched down beside him, burying her face into the crook of her arms, sobbing in depression.

Deafened by his own rapid breathing, Xiu Min groaned loudly as he struggled to get up. A pair of furious faces greeted him as he got to his wobbly knees, and sharply stared at them in agony. Both Chen and Luhan threw Xiu Min a death gaze, as their chests heaved up and down heavily. The first one to spoke up was Luhan, as his expression dropped into pure sorrow with gaze fixed on Xiu Min. “Duizhang has died.” His hushed tone attracted Chen to glance at him, before Luhan eventually broke down in front of Xiu Min and dropped onto his knees. “Duizhang is dead.” Miserable sobs escaped his pale lips as he covered his face with both of his trembling palms, shoulders were jolted constantly from the release of his emotions.

Slowly, the tense of Chen’s muscles loosened upon watching the breakdown of Luhan before he dropped onto the floor as well, and s his arms around Luhan’s shoulder, giving him comfort as a friend.

With a surprised reaction, Xiu Min stared towards his fellow members in despair. Eventually, he leaned against the bloodied wall and let himself to slide down, until he pulled his knees together, and cried with palm on his temples.

After 21 hours of fighting, it finally came to an end. But it was a beginning of agony, depression, and fear. All of the efforts which were once made by Kris, was now being thrown away as the cage of fear was chaining them down again, forcing them to be trapped in their own emotions.

Lay eventually made a move as he stood up, and tugged Li Yin with hollow eyes. The woman gazed up, appearance was swollen by tears before she got up and trailed after Lay, leading towards Xiu Min. As for Li Yin, she instantly pulled Chen into a tight embrace as soon as she collapsed onto the ground, crying along with him. Lay sat down and sparked up his power, slowly healing the badly injured Xiu Min who shivered under his invisible touch. Barely audible, the older male asked weakly, “Lay? What have you done to Se Kyung?”

The healer didn’t say anything in response. Instead, he continued to fix the damaged parts of Xiu Min’s body and glued his lips together. Hands skilfully danced as glow spark up his skin.

“Lay. Talk to me. Please.” Xiu Min’s tone was extremely sorrowful, which contrasted with his usual cold self, that it shifted Lay’s hollow eyes towards him. The younger man eventually responded, although only briefly, “I erased everyone else’s memories of yesterday.”

“What? But why?”

The latter sighed, before he replied, “If duizhang is still here—he would have ordered me to do so.”

A flash of bitter memory displayed in the back of Xiu Min’s mind, realising the fact about Kris’s test for him to hide his own power from the view of public, by sticking around Se Kyung. “But—duizhang told us to be strong. He wanted us to have a better control of our powers!”

“And you’ve destroyed his wish.”

Pain attacked Xiu Min’s heart as he was brought down by a moment of silence. Swallowing his guilt into the pit of his stomach, Xiu Min squeaked out, “At least you could let Se Kyung to remember it all.”

“I can’t, hyung. It will risks more. She will report it to the police, and got all of us killed.”

“Aren’t we all will be facing the same?” The suddenness of Tao’s outburst halted their hushed conversation, as he stared blankly towards the wall. “Can’t you see? This is the curse. And it has took both duizhang’s and Sica noona’s lives away from us. Soon it will be the doctor and Sica noona’s sister, then—”

“Tao, stop.”

“–Chen hyung will meets an end too, Li Yin noona would suffers from depression, which will makes her to commit a suicide—”

“Tao!”

“–after that it will be your turn, Xiu Min hyung. Se Kyung noona wouldn’t remember you at all. And you will just die in loneliness since the curse had been starting on you at the moment Se Kyung noona was yours. Even though she isn’t now, the curse will only takes you down—”

“Damn it, Tao! I don’t want to listen to my ed up feature!” Frustrated, Xiu Min threw daggers of ice on all around Tao, shutting him up as tears swelled up in his eyes.

“But I’ve seen it all.”

“I knew that my life will never been well in the first place! I knew that I am a murderer even from the beginning! I realised that I’ll only bring bad luck to everyone! This is the worst in my ed up life, Tao! It really is! Never once in my life had I ever show Kris for how appreciate I was to have him when I fell apart! He helped me through thick and thin! This frigging power of mine, is finally in a control after he made me feel what love is once again! And there I was yesterday, ruining everything—!” Xiu Min halted his sentences as a loud sob escaped his lips. His palm crept onto his temples as his frown got deeper. “God! I really messed it up, didn’t I?”

The youngest one furrowed his eyebrows as he swallowed back the tears, and shifted towards Xiu Min. His head fell onto the older man’s shoulder as an arm s across his waist, pulling him closer and listened to his cries. “I’m sorry.”


----------------------
 

Blinding rays of sun awake Xiu Min as he cracked his eyes open, and was greeted by a weight on his left shoulder. His orbs adjusted the blurry image, before he found Tao, still leaning on his shoulder for support. Scanning on all over the chaotic state of their house, Xiu Min registered an image of Chen who lied on Li Yin’s laps, as the woman only leaned against the wall, wearing an exhausted face. One of her palms was on the top of Chen’s forehead, probably was his disarranged hair before both of them were sent into a slumber of tiredness. Lay was just beside Xiu Min, curling in coldness and that was when Xiu Min lifted a palm up, and dispersed away the air of wintry from his spot – it was the least that he can do for Lay who healed him. Not far from their spot was Luhan, sleeping soundlessly as he floated from the floor, just above the scattered pieces of blades. And Xiu Min wondered whether if he was comfortable in that kind of state in sleeping—by floating in the middle of the air, and not having anything as a support except for an invisible force from Luhan’s power.

Xiu Min wasn’t joking when he mentioned about the state of the villa. It was as if he was witnessing the end of the world itself, only by wondering around his gaze of the dreadful scene in their house. Or more precisely—Se Kyung’s house. Curiosity took over his earlier scan of the villa, as he wondered about how his (now ex-) girlfriend was doing. Was it true that Se Kyung will never remember him again, as what Tao had told him yesterday? Was that tragic night really ended everything? Did he really not have any other chance?

A sigh escaped Xiu Min’s chapped lips as he gently shook Tao’s shoulder, planning to wake all of them up one by one. There were tonnes of things which needed to be fixed immediately—from their fragile friendship ties, to looking for a way to survive in the tainted world. The younger man groaned lightly, before he cracked one of his eyes open, pupil shifted towards Xiu Min. “Gēge. It’s still too early in the morning.” With a slight whine, Tao croaked before his eyelids dropped again, barely reaching the reality.

Tight squeeze attacked Xiu Min’s heart as he watched the drowsy maknae, mumbling something along the lines of “dizhang is cruel to wake me up in this hour”, and “just 5 more minutes, Gēge”, behind his breath. His eyes stared towards Tao in deep sorrow, knowing the fact that he was indeed, the one who had the most impact in Kris’s death, as Tao himself was extremely close to the leader. A heave of depressed sigh made a way out of his lips as Xiu Min built up a human-shaped ice with an ability to not make people shiver under its cold touch, before he shifted it beside Tao, replacing his shoulder earlier.

Accompanied by a crestfallen expression, Xiu Min got to his feet and walked towards Luhan in the gentle steps of his, before his hands shook the latter’s floating body. The younger man cracked one of his eyes open, gazing exhaustedly towards Xiu Min. “Is it time already?” With hoarse voice, Luhan asked before he eventually floated himself down, as he shifted to a safer ground.

Sending off a light nod, Xiu Min then watched the small act of Luhan, who slowly stood up with a stifled yawn. “The sun had long risen. I—I’ve tried to wake Tao up first to ask him more about his power, but—” His words hung in the middle of the air as Xiu Min averted his gaze downwards, along with a glimpse towards the youngest man.

The doe eyed latter nodded understandingly as he rubbed his face once, trying to swipe off the drowsiness. “I know. Tao always nagged whenever Kris wake him up. It’s normal. We will all get used to it sooner or later. And Tao will be able to put a halt on his morning habit as well. Soon.” A silence trailed after Luhan’s voice as he wondered his gaze around, and secretly examined the depressed face of Xiu Min.

A heavy steamed sigh escaped Xiu Min’s chapped lips as he placed both of his palms onto his knees, shoving his upper body weight downwards. “Luhan—it really—it really is my fault… right?” His tone cracked, sense of sorrow trailed over as Xiu Min choked back a sob.

The latter only pressed his lips in a firm line, along with a deep frown before he replied, “Xiu Min, I really want to put the blame on you but—”

“Goddammit, Luhan! Why am I still breathing when I’ve killed three person in my life?! First, it was Min Yun, then it was Jessica, along with Kris. Why—why is this happening to me, Luhan?! Every time I think that I’ve been better, something like this will happen! And it just emphasising on how miserable my life actually is!”

“Xiu Min…” Luhan forced his saliva down as his eyes watched Xiu Min, who slowly crouched down at the floor. Soft sobs could be heard from the elder’s lips, as Luhan knitted his eyebrows with trembled fists. “Do you want to end your life, Xiu Min?” His tone was gentle but dark, threatening vibe lingered around his figure.

Wiping away the tears, Xiu Min desperately nodded, and even before he could speak something as a response–an invisible tight grip already was pushing him upwards, sticking his figure up against the porcelain wall. Not far from him stood Luhan with glowing hands, one of his trembling palms was raised to form a choking gesture as he gritted his teeth tight. Veins stood up from his usual smooth and baby skin, as Luhan resembled an aggressive man right then. Desperate gasps and chokes escaped Xiu Min’s pale lips as he tried to struggle himself free from the invisible force.

Just when Xiu Min thought that he will meet an end in any seconds, a booming voice roared throughout the villa, interrupting the tight choke around his neck. “Luhan! Stop it! Don’t be a monster Kris was afraid of! This is not what duizhang had thought us to be like! Control yourself! Your ing power! Control it, Luhan!!” It was Chen along with Li Yin beside him, staring at the scene in terror, as if one nightmare wasn’t enough for them. Behind the couple were Lay and Tao, who seemed to be immediately awakened in shock.

The telekinetic, however, blocked his ears away from the shouts as his grip only got tighter around Xiu Min’s neck. Colours drained off the older man's face as his hands were curled weakly, trying to reach for air.

“Luhan!” Suddenly, a feminine voice appeared from the entrance. Tears ran down her face as her eyebrows were knitted. The woman’s appearance seemed rushed, as she had been running towards the chaotic villa from afar.

Li Yin widened her eyes in disbelief as she shot a gaze towards Lay, before she eventually stared at the doorway. “Se Kyung!”

 

 


I cried when I read this chapter T^T