Sanity

Frozen Heart [editing]

B.A.P – Save Me

Untitled-4.png

 

 

»  An icicle rapidly flew in the air with its sharp move. But just before it could pierce into Kris’s heart, the ice stopped in its track, as if it was controlled by a strong force. Tao hung his palm in the mid-air with a glare at Xiu Min. Yes indeed, it was controlled by a creature named Tao.

Kris’s Adam apple moved as he gulped down the saliva hardly. He stared at the icicle which froze in its place in front of his chest with a cold sweat dropped down his jaw line. Damn. Their powers are going to kill me if only I’m not their leader.

In a blink of eye, the icicle automatically moved from Kris, back to Xiu Min. The time was reversed as the ice quickly separated back into small sprinkle of dust and entered Xiu Min’s palm, which caused the latter to groan with the feeling of ices flowed inside of him.

“! That hurts, Tao!!” Xiu Min roared before he clenched his fists tightly on purpose to endure the pain.

Chucklimg evilly, Tao stopped playing with the ice which flowed back and forth in Xiu Min’s body. He placed his hands back to the side when Xiu Min fell onto the ground, feeling relieved that they have finally stopped the battle.

“This is bad.” Kris spoke up after he calmed himself down from the side effect of the icicle just now. His legs stiffened slightly before he walked towards both Xiu Min and Tao with lips pressed firmly. Throwing his glance at the collapsed Xiu Min, Kris exclaimed. “Your powers are going to control you if you couldn’t control them.”

Tilting his head to the side, Tao asked. “What do you mean, duizhang? It is obvious that we are the ones who control our own powers.”

Kris’s fingers raked through his brown hair before he helped Xiu Min to stand up from the ground, which was full of autumn leaves. But even before he could give an answer to Tao’s curiosity, thousands of ice needles flew fiercely straight towards Tao’s face. The latter screamed in shock, shutting his eyes tightly and waited for the blade-like ices to destroy his face, but nothing happen. Fluttering his eyes open, Tao gazed at Xiu Min and saw the wet ground in between them. He gazed up just to meet with Kris’s furious eyes. Tao gulped fearfully.

“What the hell do you think you are doing, Xiu Min?! You almost kill Tao!” Kris blew up with the red dragon behind him. No wonder why the ice melted in a matter of second. Exhaling a sigh, Kris gestured for his dragon to disappear, and everything that left was Kris’s anger towards the two lads in front of him. “Do you enjoy hurting each other that much?! Huh, Xiu Min? At first you almost pierce the icicle into my heart and after that you intended to kill Tao?! Where’s the sense of your humanity, Xiu Min?!”

Glaring at the wet ground in front of him, Xiu Min pressed his lips into a firm line. His breath was as chilling as the breath of death when Kris blew up towards him. He didn’t know why but it just went out of control in all of sudden. His powers. It went worse and more out of control than before.

“And you too, Tao.” Stiffened at the spot where he stood, Tao slowly looked at Kris, knowing the fact that Kris was going to blow up towards him as well. “Did you enjoyed looking at your hyung who was in pain because of your power?! Huh?! Did you enjoyed seeing Xiu Min groaned in pain when you forced the ice back inside of him?!” Tao watched Kris who was obviously in an anger. He didn’t talk back because he knew that the fire inside of Kris could make him turns into a beast and could throw them both into a desperate inconvenience if one of them dared to talk back. But that was a long time ago. All of them hadn’t seen Kris turned into that kind of person for a long time already. They were more than glad to see that Kris could eventually have a full control himself. But in the meantime, Tao found himself slowly turned into the person whom Kris used to be before. This happened the same for Xiu Min. He didn’t realise that they were the ones who did that, the ones who enjoyed to see people in pain, and the ones who wished for it to lasts.

Kris sighed heavily, snapping the deep thoughts of Tao and Xiu Min. He lowered his gaze down momentarily before he looked up again. “The powers have taken your sanity.” He paused as he massaged his temples in frustration. “It happened to me before, but I got over it after I met with the one who could cured me.” He smiled lightly at the thought of it. “I knew that it is horrible to feel the power of yours to take control over yourselves. Those powers will continue to take the sanity from you whenever you use it because it is getting stronger as the time passes. If the cure couldn't be found, then you will lose yourself.” He then gazed straight into Xiu Min’s and Tao’s dark brown orbs with that stern reaction of his. “For now, don’t let it out. Xiu Min, I knew that you couldn’t control yourself if the power of yours is going to come out but at least, try to control your emotion. That helps.” Patting Xiu Min’s shoulder encouragingly, Kris walked past both of them before his figure disappeared in between the trees of the forest.

Tao could felt himself trembling. He lifted up his fists before he turned to look at Xiu Min with a fear in his eyes. “Hyung, d-does it means that I couldn’t control my own power again? Then how am I able to visit my girlfriend in the past if -”

“You knew it yourself, Tao. She is from your past. Stop using your power and live in the present. As strong as your power is, it would never change the future. You need to stop trying to change your fate because it wouldn’t budge at all — just like the way my own fate wrote on me.” Xiu Min exclaimed with a tinge of sorrow on his heart. He loved his girlfriend although she was already dead. He felt guilty but he knew that it wouldn’t change anything. It wouldn’t make his girlfriend come back to live, hence why did Tao kept traveling to the past and come back again - just to gain red puffy eyes because of his repeating failure of protecting his girlfriend? It didn’t make things better for Tao and would only give him bigger dark circles below his eyes.

Xiu Min shook his head slightly when he realised that the latter had lost his words. He pulled Tao forward, leading back to their house for a rest.

 

 

Untitled-4.png

Untitled-4.png

 

 

»  This house is going to be bright. Kris shook his head as he eyed the three ‘kids’ in front of him. A small chuckle escaped his lips when Chen made a choking reaction at the rare second he tasted Se Kyung’s cooking. The corner of his eyes caught Luhan slapped Chen’s back a little too hardly as Se Kyung pouted, probably believed the fact that her cooking tasted horrible.

A fake but high pitched cough successfully made its way out from Chen’s lips. He bent his body down with a loud groan when Luhan hit his back. “I’m fine, I’m fine!” He exclaimed with a laugh. Straightening back his body along with a small stretch, Chen exclaimed. “Se Kyung noona…” He trailed off his voice as he stared at Se Kyung, who happened to be a year older than him. “Guess why did I choked?”

Scratching the back of her head in confusion, Se Kyung shook her head lightly. “Err.. because my cooking doesn’t matches your taste?” She answered innocently with a small frown.

Luhan wrinkled his nose before he smacked Chen’s head in annoyance. “What do you think you are talking about, Chennie?! Se Kyung’s cooking is delicious! How could you say that it tasted horrible?!” He whined, buying Chen’s playful act just now.

Rubbing his head in defeat, Chen spoke up. “Hyung! I was just pretending! Her cooking tastes like heaven instead! My head hurts now. Aishh~!” He lowered his head down with closed eyes, holding in his laugh to see Luhan’s and Se Kyung’s childish reactions. These two are older than me but they still act like they are a child. I knew that Luhan is actually mature though but Se Kyung noona? Is she just plainly innocent or is she covering the fact that she had been through hardships before?

“Then let’s call Lay! Laaaaaaaaaaayy ~!!” Luhan’s melodious voice was calling for Lay when the said person magically appeared at the door frame of the kitchen along with Xiu Min and Tao. All of them look exhausted.

Crossing his arms on his chest, Kris threw the three of them a look, knowing the fact that Lay had just used his power for that specific reason. He gestured for Xiu Min and Tao to act normally in front of Se Kyung ever since they acknowledged that their powers could turn them into a real beast. “Meet Se Kyung, our new mate.”

Alerted by the new faces of EXO-M, Se Kyung placed the plate of pasta down and quickly walked towards them and bowed respectfully. “Hello, I’m Baek Se Kyung. 91 liner~” She introduced herself while eying Xiu Min, wondering if he would even tell her his name although she already knew each ones of their personalities – thanks to Luhan and his chirpiness. “Uh, may I know whether if you guys are older or younger than me?” She asked, slightly awkward around Xiu Min who was the one that saved her last night.

 

 

Xiu Min stared at her sharply, being aware that there was a female living in their house. A little thing that he didn’t realise was that he actually examined her features inside out. Somehow, Xiu Min was offended when he noticed that Se Kyung will only feel awkward when he was around. Tearing his gaze away from Se Kyung, Xiu Min spun to leave with a hope that he can avoid her, so that she can be more comfortable around the others.

“Where do you think you are going, Xiu Min?” As if a magic spell was casted, the stern voice of Kris halted his footsteps. Kris gripped his shoulder from the back which caused Xiu Min to close his eyes momentarily in defeat. A sigh escaped his lips before he slowly turn around again, only to meet with a pair of dark brown eyes staring back at him. Se Kyung is her name.

Slightly irritated by his cold attitude, Se Kyung bit back the questions that she wanted to ask so badly. She was never being thought to judge a person by his act no matter how frustrating that person was. Her parents had thought her well as a girl who would respect someone even though their family was in a higher position than the others.

“I’m Kris. Older than you but just call me duizhang. Mixed blood. Chinese-Canadian.” Flashing off his killer smile, Kris introduced himself with a pat on Xiu Min’s shoulder. “And this shy fella is Xiu Min. He is Korean but we gave him that name since… oh well, since he is living with us 4 Chinese guys.” A light chuckle escaped his lips on purpose to brighten up the mood again. He knew that Xiu Min’s phobia for females were growing and he knew that Se Kyung somehow felt bad with her sudden presence in this house.

“I’m Lay.” Curtly, Lay spoke up. His dimple was flashing and it honestly gave Se Kyung a mini heart attack to see that little perfection of his. “We have the same age. What month were you born in?”

Snapping out her thoughts about Lay and his eyes which were casting out a dark background, Se Kyung swiftly answered with a small smile. “26 of December. What about you?”

Keeping his walls undiscovered as he noticed that Se Kyung was trying to read him, Lay glanced at Xiu Min in interest. “Your date of birth is the same as Xiu Min hyung. Mine is on 7th of October. And it is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Baek Se Kyung.” He spoke with a small bow.

Se Kyung bowed back in an unprepared formality of his. She looked up only to realise that Xiu Min was staring straight into her eyes. Probably he wasn’t expecting the fact that she had the same birth date as his. The only difference was that hers was on December whilst Xiu Min’s birthday was on March. Coincidence. Taking up a plate of pasta, Se Kyung stretched out her arms in front of Xiu Min. “Please try my pasta if you like. Chen said that it tasted horrible but Luhan oppa said that it is not bad.” She exclaimed with a playful glare towards Chen when the latter resisted the matter of fact.

Looking at the pasta with the corner of his eyes, Xiu Min kept his sour face on. He had no intention of eating nor being a judge cook. Everything that went through his esophagus would have the taste of an ice anyway, so what was the point for him to eat the food which was flashed brightly in front of his eyes? Without uttering a word, Xiu Min spun around and stepped away, leaving Se Kyung puzzled.

The bright smile faded as her eyes trailed after Xiu Min’s figure until he disappeared from her sight. Se Kyung pouted. She didn’t understand why Xiu Min treated her like that even when she was just trying to be a good friend.

“Don’t bother Xiu Min hyung. He is always like that with new people. By the way, I’m Tao. The maknae of the group.” Introduced the young one who she has admitted to have resemblance of a panda. He gave Se Kyung his infamous eye-smile and the lady nodded, acknowledging his introduction although her mind seemed to be wondering off to Xiu Min.

Reading the communocation between Xiu Min and Se Kyung earlier, Kris instantly made a mental note; I need to make her to be the cure for Xiu Min, or else he will lose control over his power. And I need this to be done, fast.

 

 

 

 

byunghannie's note I knew that this is quite early, but I have a question for you guys, please choose one of the answers below :3