Be there

Frozen Heart [editing]


  SNSD – Time Machine


 

“The warmth is here.” Chuckling lightly, Li Yin exclaimed as her feet leaded another girl into the lame old house. The tip of her fingers tapped Se Kyung’s shoulder lightly before she told her about the expected presence of her very own figure ever since the last two weeks.

Stepping in, Se Kyung traveled her gaze around the house which she had only stayed for two days. Indeed, nothing had changed. Nothing except for the coldness of the house. “Se Kyung!! I missed you!!!” A loud cheer could be heard from the small corridor of the house which leaded straight to the living room where both Se Kyung and Li Yin were standing at.

Without any warning, Luhan jumped towards Se Kyung before he squished her into a bear hug. A long gentle hum escaped his lips as he lifted the girl up and spun around playfully. “Why haven’t you come to visit us earlier?”

Squealed sharply due to the sudden attack, Se Kyung let a giggle to play its own tune on her tongue. She honestly missed that moment. “Sorry, I thought that you don’t want to see me again.” A confession made its way out from her heart as a bright smile begun to curl up her lips. Not noticing where her eyes traveled to, Se Kyung threw her gaze behind Luhan and tried to find that particular person. Her gaze caught the sight of Kris, Lay and Chen. But not that person. Xiu Min – he wasn’t there.

Just when Se Kyung’s face started to form a crestfallen reaction, the stern command of Kris could be heard, sending invisible waves towards her eardrums. “What is Xiu Min do in his room? Lay, can you drag him out. We have a sunshine visiting here.” With a line of smile, Kris stated before he sent a nod towards Chen and Li Yin.

Approaching Kris with a small chuckle, Se Kyung bowed at him slightly. “It is nice to see you again, Kris oppa. Where’s Jessica unnie? Is she not here?” Being naturally friendly she was, Se Kyung blinked up towards Kris’s face which started to gain the shade of blush on his cheeks.

“She’s working in her company right now.” Giving a gentle reply, Kris averted his gaze towards Chen who walked towards Li Yin. “Have you introduced yourself to Chen’s girlfriend?” He no doubt looked so calm when the couples sent him a glare, afraid that Se Kyung will tease both of them afterwards.

Clasping her palms together, Se Kyung spun around towards the couple, who were now sitting on a couch, merrily with the sparkle in her eyes. “You are dating?! Li Yin unnie, why haven’t you mention about this fairy tale on our way here?!” A delighted tone escaped her lips as she stared at Li Yin in awe, admiring the fact that the difference in Chen’s and Li Yin’s ages didn’t affect their relationship.

Smiling foolishly, Chen made an eye contact with Li Yin as they recalled the memories of falling in love once again. It was hard, vague, and almost impossible. Even until that peaceful stage of relationship, they still felt it was like a surreal dream to had each other by their side. “Maybe your Li Yin unnie is just shy. You’ve just met each other like – a second ago, how would you expect for her to tell you everything, Se Kyung?” Gently, Chen spoke up when the room temperature dropped abruptly.

Shivering in instant, Se Kyung brought her hands onto her arms with an intention of keeping the warmth to herself. “Kris oppa, did you the air-conditioner?” Innocently, she asked before Luhan wrapped an arm around her shoulder, trying to give her some warmth. Luhan was too familiar in that sudden drop of temperature anyway, and he knew how surprised Se Kyung will be if she found out about their powers.

Even before Kris could parted his thick lips to speak, a loud shout and groans could be heard - coming from Xiu Min’s room. As fast as the lightning, Kris rushed towards the cramped room along with the others except Se Kyung who was in hesitation of interfere their personal lives. She may seemed to be friendly, but Se Kyung was never a busybody. Letting out a heavy breath, the girl made her way towards the couch and waited patiently.

 

--------------------------------------

 

A loud thump parted the door wide opened as 5 young men burst into the frosty room. In instant, the frustrated Xiu Min could be seen with his hands being thrown downwards along with spike of ices which stood sharply on the floor. His hard eyes were piercing into Lay’s surprised orbs as the latter stepped aback in fear. “Get out of my room! Now!!” Roaring, Xiu Min pointed towards the door furiously.

Cold sweats rolled down on Kris’s temple before he stormed forward at Xiu Min. His strong hand grabbed the latter’s wrist firmly as he made Xiu Min faced his anxious reaction. “Xiu Min! What the hell are you doing?! Can’t you see that Lay could get killed by your ing ice?!”

“That’s the reason why you should stay away from me! Get out, Kris!! Everyone! Just ing go away!!” Screaming in despair, Xiu Min’s uncontrollable power only slammed the door closed before it was knitted with the cold frost. He stumbled backwards and landed on his dry frozen bed. Fear grew inside of him as his orbs trembled lightly.

As a gentleman Chen was, he placed an arm around Li Yin’s waist as the woman shivered in cold mixed with fear. A comforting whisper arrived at her eardrums before he stared back at Xiu Min with furrowed eyebrows. “Xiu Min hyung, Se Kyung noona is outside. You don’t want her to wait for you for too long, right? I knew that you hate waiting, and it must be the same as Se Kyung noona. Let’s go out, uh?” Gently, he tried to persuade Xiu Min who tugged his hair between his fingers in desperation. Chen’s palm slowly patted Li Yin’s back in comfort, trying to give her strength in facing the scene which was familiar in EXO M's eyes.

Shutting his mouth firmly, Xiu Min stared downwards along with his frustrated thoughts. A small groan escaped his lips as he wiped away the smiling image of Se Kyung from his mind. “Take her away. She will be scared of me if she sees me miserable like this. And she will get hurt — by a monster like me.”

Softly breathing, Li Yin spoke up, “You are not a monster, dear. All of us knew how much progress Se Kyung did to you when you were with her. Don’t you want to feel that again? To feel safe, cared and – being loved?” In a full of care, Li Yin arranged her words with the soft tone of hers. Her gaze caught the view of Xiu Min who slowly stared up into her dark brown orbs in hesitation.

“But she will get hurt.” A deafening pause filled the glacial room before Xiu Min brought his palms onto his face. “She can’t love me, I will hurt her. I can’t see her, I will make the same mistake again.” Almost inaudibly, Xiu Min spoke with the shaking voice of his. The fear of his own being crept into his soul.

With gentle steps, Lay boldly walked towards Xiu Min as he landed a hand on his shoulder. “Maybe I can’t heal your frozen heart, but a normal human girl can. A caring girl like Se Kyung. Don’t be afraid, the monster in yourself will disappear soon.” Smiling lightly, Lay stated when he met with Xiu Min’s vulnerable gaze. So Se Kyung is the only person who has the power to make Xiu Min vulnerable.

A cold white puff of air was being released from Xiu Min’s lips as he sighed. “How are you so sure about it? It may be just a mistake — like what I did in the past with Min Yun.” The name itself made his tongue trembled along with his heart. Why did his frozen heart couldn’t stop trembling when she came into his memory once again? Was it because of love? Or guilt?

Watching the scene with his wide eyes, Luhan stood still besides Kris with a rare brotherly vibe. “Give it a chance. We all know that a girl will come up into our lives one day. And she will cure you, just like the way Jessica noona cured Kris, and like the way Li Yin noona cured Chen.” A smile graced his lips with a glance at Li Yin who sent him an assurance nod.

Groaning, Xiu Min was about to recall the death of his dead girlfriend’s tragedy when the glacial temperature of the room dropped abruptly. Surprised, Xiu Min shot his head up and let his eyes wondered around the cramped room. The spikes of ices which he had fired almost everywhere, was now dispersed into the cold autumn air. The frozen bed which he sat on, took the frost away in a form of sparkle of ices and disappeared. Frost-knitted door and window were reversing the act of Xiu Min’s power before it flew out of the opened window of the room. Just then, a soft knock could be heard, along with the voice which Xiu Min yearned for the past two weeks.

Pressing his lips firmly, Luhan made his way towards the door as the frost room turned into a normal one. His fingers reached for the door knob before a creak could be heard, signaling the welcome of a new person. “Se Kyung! Why haven’t you come in earlier? Xiu Min said that he missed you!” Erasing the serious vibe of him, Luhan replaced his facial expression with a childish and a happy reaction.

Clueless with the half-hearted smile which plastered on Luhan’s face, Se Kyung peeked her head over the situation in the room. Her eyes caught Xiu Min crouched on the bed, Kris stared anxiously at the latter, Chen and Li Yin embraced each other pleasantly. Brought her gaze up towards Luhan, she sensed something wrong despite the shock that she had when Luhan confessed about Xiu Min’s missing her. “Are you okay? Why – what happened?” Softly, she asked with her worry eyes. Luhan’s touch on her back leaded her into the room as she walked towards Xiu Min. “Are you okay?” Repeating the same question from earlier, Se Kyung bent down to meet with his eye level.

Gazing up, Xiu Min stared into Se Kyung’s sincere orbs in sorrow. “I missed you.” It was spoken weakly and came in a small whisper, but it present clearly in Se Kyung’s ears. Xiu Min himself didn’t know what he was speaking, but he felt the need to let out his feelings for once. Being emotionless wouldn’t help anything, and the words were genuine.

Her eyes widened momentarily, but it soon replaced with a peaceful gaze before she leaned in for a comforting hug. The embrace was nothing more than a normal hug which came from a friend, but it was more than the hug which she gave to Luhan earlier. “Don’t be upset, okay? I’ll be here.” Whispering, Se Kyung stated as she closed her eyes, unknowingly felt alive with Xiu Min in her arms.

Stayed still in the sudden but longed contact, Xiu Min let himself floated into the rare warmness which slowly crept into his frozen heart. He noticed nothing, but the figure of Se Kyung who had him in her caring arms. Slowly, his hands were lifted upwards, embracing her back with a small frown. He didn’t understand why he hesitated this moment so much earlier.

 


 

  Infinite – Memories
 

“So,” Briefly, Jessica stated with a wide smile plastered on her face “are we ready?” Her brown orbs stared at the dress which she had brought for Se Kyung yesterday when she visited EXO M’s house. A small clap could be heard beside her as she turned around, Kris.

Placing an arm around Jessica’s shoulder, Kris smiled gracefully towards his girl with a proud gaze. “You’ve made them to look so perfect, Sica.”

“Guys, I’m going to vomit.” Tao exclaimed as he made a gesture of puking. He wasn’t there when Se Kyung came  because he was trying to make his girlfriend back to life again. To him, no one could replace his dead girlfriend, although everyone had expected for each of them to love someone new one day, just like for Xiu Min to fall in love with Se Kyung. Which was the reason why both of them had been dressed up by the couple, Krissica, early in the morning. They were going out for an arranged date.

Wrinkled his nose, Kris smacked Tao’s back playfully before he turned his attention back to the pair in front of him. “Now, you guys are ready. What are you waiting for?”

Playing with her bracelet nervously, Se Kyung stared at Jessica in disbelief. “Unnie, this comes so sudden. We are not even dating.” She shook her head lightly as she looked at her own appearance. Really, Jessica unnie is a good dresser. No wonder why she is a fashion designer. Perhaps she can design my fairy tale-like wedding dress in the future.

Nodding, Xiu Min stared widely at Kris who had the urge to laugh at his own expression. “And why the hell you have to set this up when today is supposed to be my lazy day?” Faking a stern tone, Xiu Min exclaimed with furrowed eyebrows. His eyes caught Se Kyung who glimpsed at him in agreement.

“Aww.. look! Even you guys are agreeing each other with the secret glances of yours! Now, you are an official couple! Go, go! And Se Kyung, you need to tell me every details at the end of the day! I will come to your house straight!” Pushing the two human beings who stood still awkwardly, she laughed merrily until they arrived at the house’s entrance.

“We are not a couple, Jessica noona. You knew that a girl like Se Kyung is too good for me.”

“Ouh, cut it, Xiu Min! Do you prefer an easy-way life, or a tangled dramatic life? Live while you are not dead!”

“Unnie… I’m not sure if Xiu Min oppa will be comfortable with this.”

“Just be good to each other. And act normal.” The last words from Kris could be heard before Jessica slammed the door right on their faces.

A sigh escaped Xiu Min’s lips as he raked his hair in awkwardness. “Those two couples will act like this if they are together. That’s why we never let Jessica to stay in our house, because Kris will be childish again.” His tone was low on purpose not to let the others to overhear their conversation as he glanced at Se Kyung who gazed at him with her curious eyes.

Chuckles made its way on her tongue as Se Kyung tried to imagine EXO M’s life with Jessica who could drive Kris to be a 5 year old child again. “I could actually tell.” A pause drew them to walk further from the house before Se Kyung smiled sweetly towards Xiu Min. “I supposed that you are all right now? I mean, you looked – quite depressed yesterday.”

Inhaling the fresh air of the first day of winter, Xiu Min averted his gaze towards Se Kyung as he nodded lightly. “Thanks.” Briefly, he whispered before he looked down, avoiding the eye contact.

“Why? I didn’t do anything for you to thank me …?” Trailing off her voice, Se Kyung asked with the curious eyes of her. The indirect question about his depression yesterday was left hanging, replaced with a single mutter of thanks which made Se Kyung confused.

Tilting his head up, Xiu Min turned his head towards Se Kyung with a line of smile. This time, it didn’t surprise Se Kyung any longer, but she felt delighted whenever the ends of Xiu Min’s lips curled upwards. “You were there. You came. Thanks.” Lightly, he spoke up while locked his gaze gently with Se Kyung’s.

Startled with the sudden confession, Se Kyung show Xiu Min her grateful smile. “It’s okay. We are friends now, I’ll be by your side. Don’t worry!” The natural chirpiness of hers brought a few chuckles from Xiu Min.

“Shall we go now?” Asking, he lifted his elbow up for Se Kyung to grip – and the latter did as she skipped once she accepted the arm gladly.

From afar, Kris watched the warm scene with hands at the back. A satisfied smile graced on his lips when Jessica tapped his shoulder from behind, sending him a knowing gesture. Both of them hoped that the scene which happened genuinely would last. At least for now.