Imperfect Confession

Frozen Heart [editing]


  EXO – Don’t Go


 

“Should we keep it platonic?” Se Kyung’s euphonious voice shrank into the chatter of the amusement park as her brown orbs wondered around the activities along with the behaviour of the visitors there. Her hands brought the little paper plan, which had been prepared by Jessica earlier, into her view. Secretly, she wished for her small time with Xiu Min to last like the normal couples at the park ahead.

The feeling of his chilled spine didn’t do any good for Xiu Min when his gaze travelled at the ranges of humans at the amusement park. He had not went out of the area of EXO M’s house for 5 years, and during those periods, he learnt to hate people including himself. His accompany in the hospital for Se Kyung before didn’t met him with loads of humans, thus making him felt a tad comfortable. But the fact that Kris sent him and Se Kyung to a crowded place like this, terrified him. The tremble in his palms worsened, he knew that his power will come out in any second.

Obtaining no answer from the male, Se Kyung averted her gaze from the paper plan with curious eyes. She tilted her head up and saw the crestfallen face of Xiu Min. A frown made its way on her smooth forehead when the troubled gaze from Xiu Min’s orbs could be detected. Maybe he doesn’t wants to keep it platonic? Puzzled, the girl reached up her fingers for his muscularly arm before she hooked it around his elbow. A little thing she didn’t realise was that it sent the male strength and made him felt more comfortable to enter the crowd of people.

The touch of her skin snapped Xiu Min out of his anxiety. His eyes travelled down on her hand before he stared down at her. “Should we go to somewhere peaceful? This place — is crowded.” Lightly, he asked with knitted eyebrows.

Nodding, the girl tugged Xiu Min’s arm gently towards the opposite direction of the amusement park, where Jessica had planned it all in a piece of porcelain paper. The destination was said to be a sight-seeing date, where couples could seat facing the breath-taking image of nature from the cable car. The soft friction of skin which s downwards and laced her fingers together with his, sent Se Kyung a small electrifying shock. She gazed up and collided with Xiu Min’s gentle orbs. No smile was present on his red lips, but she knew that the man genuinely appreciated her presence besides him. Shades of blush crept onto her cheeks as she gazed down slightly, and held his hand tighter. Perhaps this was the right thing to do from the beginning of their tale.

“Have you been here?” Briefly, Xiu Min asked with the urge to wave away the air of awkwardness. It wasn’t like he felt awkward around the rare contact with Se Kyung, it was only because he felt awkward with the odd feeling in his chest at the moment he made a move to hold her hand.

Trying to arrange her words precisely, Se Kyung replied, “Y-yes. Once before, someone brought me here.”

“A date?”

“Y-yes.” Hesitantly, she answered with a glimpse at Xiu Min. She knew it for too well that mentioning about the past date will always lead to a failure in one blooming relationship, thus making Se Kyung be scared. The memories of the past about her rejection for every guy who wasn’t sincere in a relationship slipped into her mind. “But it — we didn’t work out and–”

“It’s okay.” Xiu Min stated a beat too quickly as an oddly assurance gaze landed on her. A small smile graced his lips upon seeing how troubled she looked like when the thought of a fail date was written on all over her face. “Everyone has their own past.” Slowly, the line of smile faded as the dark memory of Min Yun crept into his mind. Like me. I just hope that you won’t hate me for having a horrible past, Se Kyung.

Se Kyung nodded lightly, didn’t know how to response since Xiu Min looked awfully upset when it came to the past. Their steps brought the separate souls of theirs, hand in hand towards the ticket counter of the cable car. Both were quiet and although it wasn’t awkward, they were filled by their thoughts when Se Kyung finally spoke up for the tickets. She pulled their hands apart since she need to reach for her wallet in the medium-sized handbag before her silky hair fell over her shoulders.

“What are you doing?” Frowning, Xiu Min asked with a stern tone when the warmth of Se Kyung’s hand left his palm. In instant, he stretched out his hand to pay for the tickets, which brought a smile on Se Kyung’s lips as the early thoughts about Xiu Min scolding her for not holding his hand, faded into the small gentle act of his. A mutter of thank escaped his lips before he grabbed Se Kyung’s hand back into his grip, and walked towards the cable car. “This is supposed to be a date, and I’m the guy here. What makes you think that I will let you pay?”

Gulping with a tinge of amusement towards Xiu Min’s behaviour who can be cold and gentle at the same time, Se Kyung wrinkled her nose along with a small pout. “The guy in a date is not necessary to pay for the girl. I have money anyway!” Patting her cerulean handbag lightly, she chirped with a bright smile before both of them entered the cable car.

“But it is not proper.” Murmuring, Xiu Min took a seat besides Se Kyung who leaded the way towards the edge of the cable car. He glanced towards the view outside and indeed, it was breath-taking even though the cable hasn’t move yet.

Se Kyung wore an excited reaction as she sat while facing the canvas of the wonderful reality. “Xiu Min oppa, look! It is so nice here!” Her fingers waved lightly to grab the latter’s attention and when she did, a small chuckle could be heard near to her ear. Delighted by the soothing sound of his rare chuckle, Se Kyung spun around a tad too quickly with an intention of seeing his lips moved upwards. However, her sudden move caught both of them off guard when she realised that their faces were so close to each other. With her realisation, Se Kyung felt her heartbeat sped up.

Xiu Min froze in his position when her hot breath hit his porcelain neck. His Adam apple moved as he stared down into her dark chocolate orbs. He didn’t know what to do, what will happen if he kisses her right then? Do I even deserve to claim her lips in the first place? Xiu Min was confused – a part of him urges him to lean down and kiss her dearly, but another part of him told him to stay away since he was all still confused with his feelings.

The abrupt move of the cable car caused both Xiu Min and Se Kyung to slip away from their awkward position, but it went worse when Xiu Min accidentally hovered over her – a sharp gasp escaped Se Kyung’s lips before Xiu Min’s massive palm covered her head from falling onto the hard metal of the cable car. His eyes softened before he leaned down, and whispered, “I’m sorry that I can’t kiss you.”

“Then can I kiss you?” She whispered back, unconscious with the scent of Xiu Min above her.

Startled, Xiu Min slowly pulled Se Kyung up into a sitting position. The amazing view from outside was ignored. Each breath of them were taken with a fast beating heart. Unknowingly, he shut the flutter of his eyes gently when Se Kyung made their distance closer.

She didn’t understand why and how she turned into someone who was more mature, and wanted to feel those soft lips of Xiu Min badly. Perhaps it was because she had never kissed a guy before – or perhaps because she never had the feeling of her own heart to skip out of her ribcage. Se Kyung leaned closer, their breath were touching each other’s face, and Xiu Min waited patiently.

A deafening ring filled the atmosphere as both Se Kyung and Xiu Min jumped lightly in surprise. A sigh escaped Xiu Min’s lips in disappointment. His orbs reflected the act of Se Kyung who instantly picked the call up with a slightly annoyed expression. It was when he realised that his heart was beating fast as well. Thinking of why he let Se Kyung to kiss him (if it did happened), Xiu Min stared at the girl who talked to the person from her phone softly. He felt a pang hit his head when the realisation crept into his senses. Min Yun and Se Kyung. Promising himself to tell Se Kyung his final decision at the end of the day, Xiu Min got up and sat comfortably on the hard seat of the cable car.

“I’m sorry. It’s Key oppa. He’s just asking about a day with SHINee this weekend.” Stated Se Kyung before she faced Xiu Min again. An awkward smile crept onto her lips when the image of her earlier intention to kiss him flashed in the middle of their stare. Just what was she thinking in that moment? Se Kyung swore that she never was a girl who will boldly act like that. And Xiu Min must be surprised as well. “Umm.. are you mad?”

Nodding, the male locked his gaze with her before he gestured for her to sit next to him. “You should have kissed me.”

The unexpected words from Xiu Min, startle Se Kyung as she leaned for a sit. A surprised stare was given to him as she stuttered, “W-what?”

Without any second thought, Xiu Min leaned down - I need to know my real feeling in this test date anyway - and was about to claim her luscious lips, when the cable car stopped at the end of the destination. With a small curse, he shot his head up and saw the automatic door opened.

Chuckles made a way out of Se Kyung’s throat before she tugged Xiu Min to stand up from the seat. “Let’s go. Our time is up even without having a chance to watch the scenery.” She laughed along with Xiu Min who trailed from behind. The male instantly laced their hands together as they walked out of the place in merriment.

“Where should we go after this?” Her eyes traced the plan from Jessica and chose for a destination where Xiu Min might like.

“It’s almost 4. And winter time is really short. Do you want to grab something to eat before we continue?”

 

--------------------------------

 

Se Kyung was planning to eat at a usual 5 stars restaurant which she normally went to with her family, but to see that Xiu Min nagged at her for not having enough money to pay – even though she insisted to pay for her own food – the girl finally made a decision to eat at a cheaper place. “But where are we going to eat, oppa? I don’t know any other places than the Italian restaurant that Sica unnie jotted down in this plan.” Pouting, she asked as the latter’s eyes were travelling around any possible restaurants to eat.

“I could find it without her help, don’t worry.” Lightly, Xiu Min exclaimed without glancing at the girl beside him. A small tug on his sleeve pulled his attention towards Se Kyung, who was pointing at the colourful sight of street stalls.

“Can we eat tteokbokki, please? Please?” Pleading, Se Kyung flashed the male her big shining orbs, imitating the old movie which she saw at the cinema ages before with Tae Min, Puss in Boots. “I haven’t taste the street foods for a long time already because my mum said that it is unhealthy.” A small pout shaped her lips when Xiu Min stared at her in amusement.

“Okay. But not all street foods are unhealthy. Like mayak kimbap, tokkebi hotdogs, savoury pancakes, croquette, tteokbokki –”

“Stop! You are going to make me drool!” Wrinkled her nose playfully, Se Kyung pulled Xiu Min, who was letting out a boyish giggle, towards one of the random stalls which sell tteokbokki (spicy rice cake). “I allow you to pay now.” Cheekily, she stated with a glance at Xiu Min who stared towards the delicacies.

Honestly, Xiu Min had not tasted all of those street foods for 5 years already, and he craved for it. “Of course, I will.” Briefly, he responded before the girl ordered as much tteokbokki as she could with a playful smile tugging on her lips. Xiu Min swore that he had never smiled so brightly for the past years even when he was just gazing at the childish look in Se Kyung’s eyes as she received the tteokbokki.

“Good young couple.” Both Xiu Min and Se Kyung heard the ahjumma muttered as Xiu Min stretched out his hand to pay for the tteokbokki. He unconsciously blushed at the mere statement and stole a glance at Se Kyung who swiftly strike a conversation with the aging woman.

After a while wondered around the whole street stalls for various kinds of ‘unhealthy foods’, Xiu Min found himself placed a hand around Se Kyung’s waist when the crowd got bigger. The earlier fear for being in a crowded place dispersed into the thin winter air. The realisation for the source of his strength and sanity crept into his mind. Se Kyung is the one.

“Oppa! Do you want to try the tokkebi hotdogs? I will treat you this time.” The chirpiness of Se Kyung caught Xiu Min’s staring. Ignoring the blush which begun to shade her cheeks, Se Kyung tightened her grip between Xiu Min’s fingers as she skipped towards the stall.

Maybe I should give her a chance.

 

--------------------------------

 

The day passed rapidly with limited sunbeams during the winter. The sight in front of them wasn’t romantic, but the fact that the sun barely shone before their eyes created a serene effect. A gentle smiled graced Xiu Min’s lips as he gazed at Se Kyung who shut her eyes lightly every time when the cold breeze ruffled her hair. “I’m sorry that this date isn’t as cute as the other couples.”

Fluttered her eyes open, Se Kyung’s gaze fell at Xiu Min who wore an apologetic smile. “It’s okay, oppa. At least you are happy.” Genuinely, she spoke with the soft tone of hers.

“Se Kyung — I have something to confess.”

Sensing the seriousness vibe around the male, Se Kyung shifted closer with a curious stare. “What is it?”

He took a deep breath, before he turned to lock his gaze with hers. “First, can you tell me why you are willing to go out with me in this arranged date?”

Se Kyung’s gaze softened as the tips of their fingers brushed against each other. “Because — I like to see you happy.”

“Just because of that?”

“Yes, and – partly because, well, I think that I have a crush on you.”

Xiu Min widened his eyes momentarily before Se Kyung avoided her gaze away in embarrass. His hand grazed her shoulder on purpose to make her look into his dark chocolate orbs again. “You do?”

“Yes, Xiu Min oppa. I do. Ever since you accompanied me at the hospital — no actually, I like you ever since you saved me from suffocating.” Confessing, Se Kyung gathered all her strength to collide her stare with his. “What was the thing that you wanted to say?”

Recovering from the small surprised mixed with delighted feeling upon knowing the truth, Xiu Min pulled his hand away as he spoke, “I used to have a girlfriend before.” A silence engulfed the atmosphere in order to observe Se Kyung’s reaction for his hidden past. The girl gestured for him to continue as he arranged his words precisely. “But I never love her, it was just a mere crush. The reason why I appeared to be a cold guy is because she was found dead in the day of our anniversary - which I forgot. She suffocated herself in the lake. Since then, I-I was filled with regret, fear, and hatred of myself. I —” A soft sob escaped his lips when the painful memories flashed into his mind once again.

Without any hesitation, Se Kyung pulled Xiu Min into a comforting embrace. She his hair softly when he cried silently on her shoulder.

“I lost my point of living. I ran, but lucky enough that Kris found me and guided me to the real path of life – even though he knew that finding the right girl to cure me is hard.”

Her soothe on his back halted when the next words escaped his lips, “But today, I decided to give myself a chance to live normally again. Could you — be mine?

That was it. Xiu Min had said it. He knew that the risk was high, but he knew that his soul wouldn’t let this one to be a mistake. All the realisation of his source of strength, smile, and being genuine, had all gathered by the end of the day, and as expected, all of them clearly pointed at the same direction – Se Kyung. She was indeed the answer which he had been seeking for all long.

Yes. I could.” The answer was slow and almost inaudible, but it reached Xiu Min’s eardrums with a success.

Without waiting for any other seconds to passed, Xiu Min tilted his head up from her shoulder, and locked their gaze together. He brought his finger to her smooth chin before he leaned in, and claimed her lips with his.

 

 

 


I've got enough for squealing in this chapter guys. Sadly, I have to say that this happy ending is not the ending for Frozen Heart'. Meanwhile, I got another squealing activity to do with this vid