Different World

Frozen Heart [editing]

EXO K - hEart attack

Untitled-4.png

 

 

»  “Arghh!!” Xiu Min screamed in frustration as he slammed his fist on the table. Instantly, the whole wooden table changed into an unbreakable ice. “Damn it.” He cursed with a frown.

“Calm down, hyung. This couldn’t be controlled by yourself if you keep being frustrated like this.” Chen appeared from the entrance of the kitchen which was scattered with a lot of ice. He walked closer towards Xiu Min and patted the latter’s shoulder.

Xiu Min shut his eyes tightly as he held the corner of the frozen table. “How do you expect me to calm down when I can’t even control my own power?!” He roared with a sharp glimpse at Chen.

A sigh escaped Chen’s lips before he gestured for Xiu Min to sit on the chair behind them. “Hyung, you need to calm down to be able to control your power.” He advised Xiu Min in a plain but meaningful tone.

As Xiu Min pulled the chair to sit, the chair begun to turn into an ice; another unbreakable ice made by him. “Arghh!! Look! This is why I’m so frustrated! Everything that I touch will become frozen even if I don't mean to do it!” He stomped his foot on the floor hardly and again, it became frozen solid as if their kitchen was an ice rink after all.

“Then why didn’t you turn me into ice, if everything that you touch becomes frozen?” Chen snapped with a stare straight into Xiu Min’s dark brown orbs. His eyes were reflecting Xiu Min’s surprised reaction from his sudden rhetorical question. Obtained no answer from that question, Chen continued. “It's all coming from your heart, hyung. If your heart is warm towards something, then it wouldn’t freeze that object. But if your heart is cold towards that object, then it will happen otherwise. Like this.” He spoke as he patted the frozen chair in front of him.

Xiu Min stared at the chair besides him in sorrow. Everything that Chen said made sense but how was he going to be warm and cheerful again after that incident? Sure, he can be warm with his friends but not with someone else. His phobia for females was getting worse and he couldn’t do anything about that poor condition of his, rather than to sit in his room, freezing everything around there with his never-ending frustration.

“Oh my! What has happened around this kitchen?” Luhan entered the kitchen with a shock reaction of his. His gaze then fell on Xiu Min and he instantly understood the reason why their kitchen looked like an ice rink with lots of frozen fruits scattered around it. “Let me call duizhang.” Luhan offered before he popped his head out of the kitchen. His melodious voice was calling for Kris loudly and in the matter of second, the said person appeared in the entrance of the kitchen.

“What the hell happened in here?” Kris muttered a little too loudly with raised eyebrows. He glanced at Xiu Min before his head nodded slightly. “So why did you call me here, Luhan?” Kris asked in an innocent way, which didn’t suit his features at all.

Luhan tilted his head to the side when Xiu Min let out a small groan. “Duizhang, you don’t expect our kitchen to be completely frozen like this, right?”

Chuckling lightly, Kris nodded. He knelt down and touched the ground with the tips of his fingers. In a blink of eye, a dark red dragon appeared in front of him. Luhan flinched as he hid himself behind Kris while staring at the dragon in front of them. Kris gave a rare gesture towards the dragon, or more likely, his dragon which was full of scales painted in the colour of red blood. As if it understood Kris’s silent command, it started to spray a massive amount of fire from its mouth.

Shocked with the sudden fire around the kitchen, Xiu Min snapped out his endless thoughts and gushed out tons of ice towards the dragon abruptly.

“Xiu Min!! Stop!!” Kris shouted as he raised both of his palms to stop Xiu Min from keep hurting his dragon. He ran towards Xiu Min who didn’t seemed to listen to his instructions but before anything could happens, he found himself floated in the air along with Xiu Min and the poor dragon.

“I’ve told you not to use violence in this house.” Luhan stated calmly as he lowered his palms and placed them slowly back onto the ground. “This is not a place for your powers anyway. The practice room for it is back there in the forest, so if you guys want to show off your powers, then please kindly go to the forest.” He spoke up brotherly with a firm look towards Kris; warned him with the current state of Xiu Min and about his dangerous dragon.

Kris sighed before he stretched out his hand and the dragon disappeared with the wave of his hand. He stared at Luhan momentarily before he walked towards Xiu Min. “Do you need some more practice with me, Xiu Min?”

Frowned lightly, Xiu Min nodded. “I guess so.”

 

 

Untitled-4.png

 

 

»  The sun was hiding behind the puff of clouds, making it coloured with the golden colour of the sun. Wind was blowing peacefully along with the range of trees which were dancing in the melodious hum of the birds. Butterflies were flying in the mid-air with their mates, teasing each other in the slight chilly weather.
 

“Kyungie!” A voice rang throughout the camp site. Behind a vivid blue tent, a petite girl could be seen clearly, running towards two other girls who happened to be as beautiful as the girl.
 

One of the girls turned around and sent the petite girl a cheeky smile. “Ssul, where were you just now? We were searching for you everywhere!” She chirped lightly before the three of them walked towards the middle part of the camp site.
 

“I —uh” Sulli stuttered while a faint blush crept on her cheeks.
 

Tae Yeon crossed her arms with a playful grin towards Sulli. “You were with Min Ho?” She guessed accurately which made the latter flinch.
 

Se Kyung let out a laugh when seeing Sulli’s flushed face. She and her friends had been together ever since they were a child and it was easy to tell if something happened to them even without using a range of words to describe it. “Lovebirds. What did you do with him, huh?” Se Kyung asked teasingly while winking at Sulli to make her even more embarrassed.

“We didn’t do anything!” Sulli pouted with her arms crossed. “Now you should go into the forest and find some woods before the sunset! I’m not going to let myself be frozen to death when the night comes!” She demanded on purpose to stop the teases.

Tae Yeon patted Sulli’s head with the melodious chuckle of hers. “Can’t Min Ho warm you up then if you are frozen? That’s the power of love, right? It will warm a person’s heart no matter how cold that person is.” She exclaimed which made Sulli to blush even more.

Se Kyung nodded her head in amusement before she gave Tae Yeon a high-five. A little thing that she didn’t know was that she would experience something similar with Tae Yeon’s playful words which were dedicated to Sulli earlier. “I’m going to find the firewoods now. It is getting darker anyway.”

Both Tae Yeon and Sulli nodded their head in sync with a smile before they off towards the main spot of the camp site, where everyone else was gathered, to share their thoughts.


 

Untitled-4.png

 

 

»  Se Kyung stretched out her arms as she stepped into the forest. It was almost dark and she was given the task to find some firewoods for their camp. It was not a normal camp but it was a camp for people who wanted to let out their hidden feelings without being judged by anyone who joined them. Cursed the world for keep judging a book by its cover.
 

Stepping into the forest calmly, Se Kyung threw a small smile towards the nature which laid beautifully in front of her eyes. She was not a nature lover but to have the feeling in nature for once in her life, she felt so relaxed as if the world mean no harm to her.
 

This is what I've dreamt of ever since the day of my childhood. She smiled at the thought of her childhood days, where she would enter the forest like the way Snow White did, then a Prince will come afterwards to save her from the witch. Oh, how much she hoped for the fairy tales to come true in her life. In her dream, a Prince would come for her someday. Their first meeting would be in a fantasy-like forest, where he will spot her first. Then both of them would fall in love at first sight and live happily ever after. The end.
 

Innocent, innocent, Baek Se Kyung. She didn't know that the word ‘happily ever after’ will never exist in her little life dictionary. Perhaps in her dreams but not in her life. She was too innocent to feel the sweetness of love.

Now, shall we let the story begin?

 

 

Untitled-4.png

 

 

»  “Kris! Kris!! Kris, don’t you dare to play this trick on me!! I swear that I’m going to freeze you if you will not come out now!!” Xiu Min’s voice hollered throughout the whole forest which made the birds to flew away, shocked by Xiu Min’s loud voice.

No response can be heard as Xiu Min gets deeper into the forest. His feet stepped onto a branch and he jumped, surprised. “Kris!! You know that everything can happen if you keep hiding like this!!” He furrowed his eyebrows in frustration. “Okay, I’m sorry for hurting your dragon but it was an accident! I was just surprised that the kitchen was filled with fire!” He reasoned while his eyes searched for Kris everywhere possible in the forest. He was scared to death that something might pop out from one of the trees there since he would freeze that object in instant.

“This is a test for you, Xiu Min. You need to be brave and not hide from the reality where you will find a new path of your life.” Kris’s voice suddenly rang in Xiu Min’s ears even though Kris couldn't be seen anywhere around himself.

An adrenaline rush went down Xiu Min’s cold skin after everything went quiet again. “Kris! Where are you?! I don’t want to train my powers anymore! Take me home! Kris!!” He demanded in fear. The day was getting darker and it was almost sunset. He hid his hands behind his coat; scared that his power will freeze something without his realisation. “Kris!!”

“Hey, are you all right?” A feminine voice suddenly appeared behind him. Xiu Min spun around in alert. His eyes widened and cold sweats were rolling down his porcelain skin.

Stepping backwards in fear, Xiu Min tightened his fist inside his coat. “Stay away.” He commanded curtly while breathing harshly.

Se Kyung blinked in confusion. She walked a step forward towards Xiu Min in the usual casual manner of hers. “I mean no harm.” Softly, she spoke up.

Xiu Min’s legs were stepping backwards as she stepped forward. He stretched out one of his hand and raised it straight in front of her. “Don’t step closer.”

Inhaling the cold air gently, Se Kyung frowned. “Why?” She asked, still puzzled with the stranger’s act. In her life, she had never met a guy like him. His pair of dark brown orbs somehow told her a hidden pain which was locked inside of his heart. Wonder filled her as she tilted her head to the side, waiting for an answer.

“Because I will hurt you.” Xiu Min warned with a sharp stare towards the girl who stood bravely in front him. He didn’t want to take the risk of freezing a human being. His girlfriend’s death in the frozen lake was enough for him.

Staring at Xiu Min curiously, Se Kyung pressed her lips firmly together with a small shiver. “I’m sure that you wouldn’t.” She spoke up before another step was taken towards Xiu Min.

“I said don’t come closer to me!!” Xiu Min roared as he threw his arms besides him. His eyes were staring at Se Kyung in fear when he realised that the latter was shivering because of the cold weather that he made. . My powers could get out of control if this girl refuses to go away.

Surprised by his sudden loud demand, Se Kyung flinched. She curled a strand of brown hair behind her ears. Se Kyung clearly knew that she had lost her words but something inside of him was pulling her forward to discover more about the man who was being aware of their distance. “Do you believe in tales?”

 

 

Untitled-4.png

 

 

 humming_bird's note 'Duizhang' means leader in Chinese btw :) Do leave some feedbacks and subscribe if this story catches your eyes!

» layout credit