o8 Cold War

Forced Romance (강제 로맨스)

 

Chapter Eight "Cold War"

 

Tao told Kai to bring Kris in his home. He gave him the address of Kris. "Change his clothes okay? Give him coffee. He needs to wake up early for tomorrow's event." Tao repeated and Kai saluted playfully. Yuri saw Kai and Kris leaving. She just ignored it and continued dancing with her friends. She ordered just one glass of Martini, her favorite drink, because she still need to drive on her own.

 

However, Kai took care of Kris. He changed his clothes and cleaned his mess. When Kris woke up with a headache, he served him coffee and left. Kris decided to check on Yuri to somehow apologize but then Yuri is still not in their house. He started to become mad again. He remembered the smirk on Yuri's face before he out. She and her friends forgot what time it is. Yuri mentally slapped herself when she remembered the event that Kris and her need to attend in the morning. It is the day where Kris will be welcomed to their company.

 

"Hey girls! I'll go home!" Yuri shouted because of the loud music. When her friends bid their goodbyes to her, she went to the parking lot and started the engine of Kris’ car which they used when they went here. Luckily, few vehicles where in the road because its 1:00 AM. She drove faster and arrived at their house.

 

She sighed in relief that no lights are open so that means that Kris is already asleep and she could lie about what time she arrived. But she was wrong, when she the lights, the angry face of Kris can be seen. “What time is it lady?” Kris asked, colder than his usual tone. Yuri just smirked and turned her back.

 

“WU YURI! I’m still talking to you.” He shouted. “Can’t you state the obvious? I’m mad at you!!” Yuri shouted back, holding back her tears. “Why are you mad?!” Kris asked, frustrated. “Seriously Kris? You’re asking that freaking question?! You poured your glass of martini to me!” she answered, shocked was obvious in her face when he asked that question.

 

“That’s my point! I poured a martini to you and you poured a martini to me before. Do you think we’re even now?” Kris stated with much calmer voice now. Yuri looked at him with disappointed face before she said, “There’s a difference between our situation. Mine was a dare, yours is not.”

 

“Night Kris. Sleep now, we still need to wake—“ Before Yuri could finish her sentence, Kris crashed his lips to Yuri’s lips, shutting her up. She was the first one to broke the kiss and slapped him.

 

you Kris for kissing me and you for being a good kisser, dammit.

 

-----

 

They woke up early and prepared themselves for the formal event today. Kris finished preparing and went to the dining area to eat breakfast which the maids prepared. Yuri finished preparing too and went to the dining area too where she met a pair of cold eyes.

 

She stared at him with cold eyes too. You think you’re the only one who could do that? Thanks to Jessica. The maids just watched them and they felt chills.

 

“Hey. Lets leave them alone. I’m starting to freeze here.” whispered the maid to the other maid. “We better wear our sweaters.” replied the other maid in a low voice.

 

They finished their breakfast with them giving icy glares to each other and cold silence. Even the driver noticed the cold war between the two as they sat at the backseat. Yuri wasn’t making fun of Kris robot face and Kris wasn’t telling her to shut up.

 

Before they got off the car, “Yuri. Please pretend that we’re okay, for the sake of our families.” Kris told her and Yuri just nodded, still giving him the cold treatment.

 

Kris forced a smile and offered his hand to Yuri which she accepted. He can feel Yuri’s discomfort so he leaned to Yuri and pretended to smell her hair, he whispered “I said smile.”

 

They both smiled and walked hand in hand. The speaker suddenly said, “They arrived! The star of this event.” The employees and their parents clapped. Yuri and Kris bowed at them. They walked to their families and kissed them in the cheeks.

 

“Where’s Myungsoo?” and Krystal. Kris asked them. “He had to take care of a deal in London. Why?” his father asked. “Nothing.” He said and forced a smile. “Okay son, get ready.” His father said and went to the stage.

 

“Lets make it fast. I want you to meet my precious son, Kris Wu, who will be our new marketing director.” Mr. Wu proudly said and called his son. Kris smiled, not forced, and made his way to the stage.

 

He started his boring introduction and told them his achievements. However, Yuri spotted her long time friend, Minho. “Hey there dude” she whispered to Minho. “Noona, he’s your husband right? Did you kiss him the kissing techniques that I taught you?” he whispered back in a teasing tone.

 

Minho and Yuri were like kissing buddies. As weird as it seems, but yes. “Of course not. I haven’t kiss him. You know you’re my first kiss. Damn, that was one of a steamy kiss.” She smiled as she remembers it. “Well, I’m the kissing master. By the way noona, do you still go to our favorite club? I knew a new one. The dj and the bartender are great.” He recommended.

Kris coughed making Yuri startled. She didn’t even noticed that Kris finished talking. “Mind to share what you are whispering about?” Kris asked. “Do you think we'd whispered to each other if we want to share our topic?” Yuri said with sarcasm in her voice.

 

He just closed his fist and talked with the other businessmen while he saw Yuri and the guy laughing. “Dad, do you know what is that guy’s name?” Kris asked and pointed the guy with Yuri. His father looked at where his finger is pointing and answered, “Choi Minho. He ‘s a stock holder in our company.” He just nodded.

 

“Sorry to say this guys but, its time to work now. Hope you enjoyed this small event for our new marketing director.” Mr. Wu announced and the employees frowned and returned to their job.

 

When Minho bid his goodbye hug to Yuri, they exchanged contact information. “Minho, come to our opening tomorrow. Make sure, your girlfriend is there.” She said while waving her hands. “Correction, soon to be wife and her name's Sulli. Don’t worry, you’ll see us there.” Minho answered then waved back.

--

 

End of chapter eight! Hope you liked this chapter! Sorry for the grammatical and typographical errors! Thanks for reading this chapter and thanks for the 4 upvotes! Thank y’all! And of course for the subbies there ;) Even though this is not a subsribers-only story you still subscribed. Please comment what you think about this chapter! ^__^

 

Cold Yuri :D