18 Annual Ball pt.1

Forced Romance (강제 로맨스)

Chapter Eighteen, "Annual Ball pt.1"

 

Yuri's squad met at the mall. They were very excited to go shopping like some teenage girls. "I already talked to the owner of Pearl Boutique so she reserved her place only for us." Jessica said with a wink and they clapped their hands. She lead them and soon enough, they are already picking on what they would try.

 

"This store is jjang! White like pearl indeed." Tiffany commented in which Sooyoung strongly agreed.

 

When they finished shopping, Seohyun insisted that they will get treatment in spa that she knew inside the mall. "Oh come on! I know we'll be tired tomorrow!" she said with glowing eyes. "Fine. I'm in!" Tiffany said and they followed.

 

They got their nail polished, their face had facial and their feet massaged.

 

"Are you guys ready for tomorrow? Bring out your dates!" Yuri reminded them with a wink. Jessica will probably grabbing Donghae the bartender. Sooyoung will probably go with her fling Siwon. How about Seohyun and Tiffany?

 

"Excuse me girls, Chen is calling me." Seohyun shyly said and they all looked at her teasingly. "Tiffany who will be your date?" Jessica was the one to ask.

 

"Probably my brother Tao who dont have a partner too." she said while giggling. "Send my regards to your brother okay?" Yuri said and she nodded. They got to their own car leaving Seohyun there with her phone.

----

She arrived at their home and Kris is not there. "I think he is working for the event tomorrow. Hmm." she said while placing the shopping bags with dress, shoes, purse, make up, and accessories.

 

Yuri was bored so she made a pizza and ate it by herself when she heard a knock on their door. She opened it while chewing. "Whoah, what are you eating, lady?" Kris asked. "Pizza. Go feed yourself ." she answered and they laughed together.

 

"I miss that type of conversation with you." Kris said and sat beside her in the couch where she is watching Black Swan. "Really? I dont give a . Just kidding!" then they laughed again. "Go laugh your outside, freak." Kris answered again and they did a high five.

 

Yuri fell asleep in his shoulder and he just stared at her. "What is bothering you lately?" he whispered to her ears and carried her in their bedroom. He closed his eyes and dozed off to dream land with Yuri.

 

---

 

None of them set the alarm so they woke up at 8 am and the event will start at 10am. "Sht!" they both cursed at the same time and they went to their own bathroom. As expected, Kris was the first to finish preparing since Yuri still need to put make up.

 

"Why does she need to put make up? She's already beautiful." he mumbled while waiting for her. They only got 30 minutes left.

 

Yuri, with her fake wavy blonde hair and her fairy-like dress matched with fabulous heels, walked to Kris and grabbed his hands. "Lets go." she said and Kris followed her, awestruck.

----------

 

The couple arrived safely at the venue even though Kris is not on his right mind. Yuri greeted the guest since Kris is not speaking so she nudged him and that wake him up.

 

They walked to another guest and Kris introduced her as his wife. Finally, all the guest were there so they decided to officially start the event.

 

Yuri with Kris, Tiffany with Tao, Jessica with Donghae, Sooyoung with Siwon, Seohyun with Chen are in the same table.

 

"Long time no see Yul." Tao whispered to Yuri and Kris eyes them while Sooyoung is so happy for Tao. "Yeah. This month is so daamn busy, right?" Yuri answered in whisper to Tao. They talked anything about what happened to them this month.

 

Kris faked a cough. "Listen to the speaker." he said to gain the attention of the three, yes including Sooyoung that could write a fanfiction about them at that moment.

 

Yuri and Tao giggled like they have been caught by their teacher.

 

"Our lovely guests, we may eat our lunch now!" the master of ceremony said. The meal was served in their table and they ate it deliciously while talking.

 

After the lunch, a video flashed in the screen. It was a video of what the company accomplished last year. Yuri saw her grandma at the video and a tear silently fell at her cheeks. Kris immediately wiped it off making Tao frown.

 

There where games introduced by the company. The prize will be donated to a chosen charity. Peppero game was the most participated game. Jessica and Donghae won.

 

The losers were forced to put out a performance. The girls volunteered to do it. They dance Be Natural using chairs. People were shouting "encore! encore!"

 

Time flew fast and it was already 7pm and the dinner was served.

 

Myungsoo grabbed the microphone to announce something. "Ladies and gentlemen. You may start dancing with your partners now." Slow romantic songs started playing.

 

"Will you do your plan now?" Tao asked her with a forced smile. Yuri didn't seem to notice it so she happily nod. Soon enough, Kris asked her for a dance.

 

They danced like they were the only people in the dancing hall. "I forgot to tell you that you are fcking beautiful." he playfully said. "Beutiful my a$s." she said then laughed at him. She noticed Myungsoo and Krystal dancing so sweet and Krystal gave her a thumbs up and she just smiled in return.

 

Sweet voice of Ariana started playing. Almost is Never Enough can be heard.

 

I'd like to say we gave it a try
I'd like to blame it all on life
Maybe we just weren't right, but that's a lie, that's a lie

 

"Why the sudden change of music?" they both asked. "Jinx." Kris said. "Nevertheless, lets continue dancing." he added.

 

"Hey. I will tell you that I-" she was cut off by the sound from the microphone.

 

"We will be marrying next year! Krystal and I!" Myungsoo shouted in joy and all the people clapped except for Kris. He left Yuri standing alone there....

 

-----------

End of Chapter 18!

 

Wow. October lasted for like 5 minutes? Been busy. SORRY!

 

Hope you liked this chapter! Sorry for the grammatical and typographical errors! Please comment what you think