dinner

That Spring Break

We arrived at Yosemite at around 3:30. After we took our luggage out, got together, we had to listen to this person talk about rules and blah blah blah. I didn't hear much at all except for the bathroom code. I was entirely fascinated with the huge puddle behind her.

"What do you suppose will happen if she fell in?" I inquired quietly to Sam. She bit back a giggle. Soon, the person walked away and we were waiting for our teachers to come back with the keys to our cabin. We waited for a while. The air was cold and there were patches of snow here and there. It was freezing, honestly. Some went into their luggage to get mittens, jackets, hats, the usual winter attire.

"So pretty here!" Alison exclaimed, snaping pictures all around us. It was true. There were huge mountains on all sides of us. They were gray with dark bluish spots on them. One across from us had splotches that kind of look like a face crying.

"I know right!?" Chyna began to pick up some snow and toss it around. All it did was fall on the ground.

"I'm cold," I complained and rubbed my freezing hands together. 

"Yeah, it's currently 34 degrees," Sam checked the weather.

"I want it to snow!" Chyna looked at the sky for any clouds. Nope. 

"I'd throw a snowball at Sam if it did," Alison innocently smiled. Sam glared at her.

"It's been an hour!" Chyna frowned. The teachers weren't back yet. Everyone was in big clusters. 

"Man, I can't wait to et in cabins. They have heat," I rubbed my chilled arms. As I said that, the teachers came back. We cheered like crazy people, ready to get out of the cold.

"Alright! Follow me!" Ms. Mei loudly yelled and we began to walk. Since there were 40 people on this trip, it was pretty slow. We walked to a cluster of wooden cabins. There was a bathroom near it. 

"Yes! Bathroom!" I cheered. I really didn't want to walk far to do my necessities.

"As you can see, there is a bathroom here. You guys will be sharing with other schools. These cabinas around us are ours. This picnic table is the meeting spot where you have to meet for dinner and breakfast. Breakfast is at 7 and dinner is at 5. We'll meet here 15 minutes before each meal so we could get there in time." Mr. Lee's authoritve voice rang out. Chyna was choking on her spit.

"So early!" Some boys cried out. I realized it was Tao and another boy who reminded me of a bao. Chyna feverishly nodded.

"Food.." Alison smiled at that thought. Sam chuckled and Ms. Mei broke in.

"Now, you guys can go to your cabinas and unpack." She gave us our cabin numbers and keys and we raced off, seeking warmth. We were on the edge of the cabin cluster. It was nice and peaceful. When we opened the door, a blast of wamr air hit us. We all sighed with pleasure and shut the door to prevent the cold from seeping in.

"WAAAHOOO! TWO BEDS!!" Chyna exclaimed and flopped on one of them. There were 2 queen beds with white sheets. Piled at the corner of the beds were some blankets and pillows.

"And two cots," I patted the cots. 

"So..who wants bed?" Alison asked.

"Can I?" Chyna and Sam simultaniously begged. Alison and I glanced at each other and laughed.

"Of course!" Alison replied. She took the right cot while I took the left. Sam was on the right bed and Chyna was on the right. I took out my sleeping bag with great difficulty. Guh these cases are so small! How will I fit my sleeping bag into this tiny thing?

"I'm gonna need help packing up my sleeping bag," I commented after I yanked the whole thing out.

"IKR yeah," Alison laughed. I took out my phone that was nearly out of battery and saw that I had a charger next to me.

"A charger!" I rejoiced and plugged my Iphone in. Sam did the same with the charnger under mine.

'WHAT THERE ARE CHARGERS? I should've bought m Ipod then! UGH IT HAD MUSIC! And it can take better pictures than this camera!" Alison waved her camera in the air angrily. 

"There's wifi also," Sam held out 2 portable wifi things. I couldn't help but laugh along with Chyna at Alison's funny face.

"I'm pissed," Alison started muttering in chinese. It was what she did when she was beyond mad. 

"Oh well," Sam shrugged and we went back to unpacking. There wee hangers and we hung one jacket up. Our shoes were put at the shoe rack near the heater. We turned the heater up a few notches and Chyna faced us.

"Cards! Game of duce?" She held up her pack of cards that she bought along.

"Sure!" I sat down. Chna jumped over to my cot and sat down next to me.

"I love duce," Allison grinned, her  bad mood gone for now. Sam sat with us and the game began. I loved my cards so much. I got a two of spades and 3 of diamonds. Awesome cards I tell ya. 

~~~

"Whoa this place is like a buffet!" Chyna admired our surroundings.

"Food smells good," Alison sniffed the air. 

"It's cozy," Sam commented. I appreciatively looked around. We were in a resturant cafeteria thing where we'd eat our food. There were long tables in front of us. Our school had 3 tables. In front of the tables was a buffet line where some kids were already lined up and ready for food. I grabbed a chair at the edge of the table. Sam was on my right. On my left was Chyna and beside her was Alison.

"Man I can't see you then," Sam pouted. Alison heaved a sigh and sat across from Sam.

"I'm to lazy," Chyna didn't budge.

"Please?" Sam used her aegyo.

"Fine." Chyna got up to sit next to Alison and was across from me. Some old woman clapped her hands and a hush fell across the room. 

"Welcome! This is the dining hall where you'll eat all your meals except for lunch. We have some basic rules we'll go over before we eat." Ugh rules again.

"First of all, no getting dinner until we dismiss you table by table. Please don't run in here. And take what you can eat and try not to waste. Now your teachers would like to have a word with you." The old woman hobbled away.

"You heard her! Avoid putting your elbows on the table because if you do, you'll be here cleaning with us," Mr. Lee let a sly smile slip through before dismissing the first table. Protests were spread through the entire third table because they had to go last. I smirked and looked at the table. Most of the boys were there. The seniors to be exact. My eyes flitted across the table and saw Luhan there. 

"Glad to be in the middle," Alison whispered as we were dismissed next.We got in line and got trays. I didn't like these trays because you could hold them two ways and no one told us which way was the proper one. The plates were shiny clean and we took one each.

"Whoa, there's cakes!" Chyna clapped her hands like a little kid.

"I'm going to get the thinnest one possible," Sam claimed that she had a small esofagus and that explained what little food she ate.

"You're weird," Chyna quietly muttered so no one except for me heard. Sam had superior hearing skills though so she whacked Chyna's head. 

"Ok sorry, jeez," Chyna rubbed her sore forehead.

"Our turn!" Alison chirped and got some lasagna. Not to diss anything or anything but the food looked kinda gross. Oh well. I got some lasagna, salad, chicken and some macaroni noddles. When we all went through the buffet, we approached the dessert section.

"Ooh! Choclate and Strawberry vanilla!" Alison her lips as she stared at the assorment of slices of cakes in front of her.

"Looks good," Chyna was practically drooling as she took a fat piece of chocolate cake. Alison followed her and went to get drinks after she got her cake. I looked at the huge pieces of chocolate cake and my mouth watered. I'm a chocolate fantic.

"Get me that huge piece please?" I asked Sam. She had longer arms than I did. She sighed and actually ducked under the piece of glass covering the cakes to grab me a fat piece. I profusely thanked her as she took the thinnest piece of chocolate cake posssible.

"Milk," I grabbed a glass and filled it halfway with milk. Sam got orange juice and we made our way to the utensils. I got us both spoons and forks.

"Wait! Ketchup!" I went back to get a cup of ketchup. Maybe it'd come in handly later on.

"You guys left us," Sam sat down. Alison shrugged and plopped a huge drumstick in , chewing.

"Sorry," Chyna didn't sound sorry at all as she devoured her food. The salad was tasteless but ok I guess. The lasagna wasn't all that bad. The drumstick was amazing! The macaroni noodles were cold but it was edible. I finished all the food I had. 

"You eat a lot," Sam wiped after I finished my whole meal. The chocolate cake was chewy, delicious and delicious. 

"I can't finish this," Sam poked the rest of her lasagna.

"Me neither," Alison held up the 4th drumstick.

"This is good hot chocolate," Chyna chugged her hot chocolate.

"Really?" Alison's attention was diverted. I looked at my ketchup and a smile formed on my face.

"Here," I scraped some of Sam's lasagna, ate it, and took the rest and shoved it into my ketchup cup.

"Ahahah really?" Chyna laughed. Sam was thankful but stunned.

"Are you going to drink that?" I asked Chyna as I pointed at her hot chocolate.

"Of course-" she was cut of by me throwing Alison's drumstick in her drink.

"HAHAHAH THAT'S FUNNY!" Sam laughed at the splashes of hot chocolate on Chyna's face.

"Good idea," Alison beamed.

"Hey!" Chyna yelled but it was too late. I picked up my tray and stood up.

"Sorry," I smiled apologetically.

"S'ok," Chyna muttered. We bought our trays to the place where we seperated them and we did what was told. Bowls in bowls pile. Plates in plates. Forks in forks, you get the image? Anyways, we went back to our tables with a lot of time still left. My eyes traveled to Luhan's seat and saw that he was laughing with his friends. His eyes were in 2 crescents. 

Cute.