spider caves II

That Spring Break

I unconciously smiled as my insides soared in happiness. I blinked and furrowed my brows, why was I like this? Sal began to move the line. Luhan was in front of me, just walking. People passed down instructions that weren't necessary.

"Ok. You guys can see now! No need for instructions!" From Sal, that phrase was passed throughout the line.

"Watch out, there's a puddle there." Luhan pointed to the left. I blinked in complete shock. I could see now.. and he just helped me out!

"Ok." I smiled at him and climbed on top of a rock to my right to avoid the puddle. The sun was shining through the cracks of the rocks. Warmth spread through me. Suddenly, I touched my and felt that it was wet. I blinked. Urgh, no wonder where I sat on was so nice. It was a puddle! I yanked my backpack down to conceal it.  

"There's another big puddle so stay to your left." Luhan took my hand and guided me to the rock. A shocked look appeared on my face and slowly, the corners of my lips twitched into a smile.

"Thanks!" I genuinely grinned. Luhan's eyes crinkled and he continued to point out each and every puddle that was seen. I couldn't help but to think that he was one of the sweetest things I've ever encountered. We finally climbed through all the rocks and exited. Before we could exit however, we had to slip under this rock. It was very low and some had to slide through it with their stomach on the ground. Luhan hesitantly glanced at that and turned to me.

He advised, "It shouldn't be that hard to get through. We are both fairly skinny so we could just slip through, easy peasy." Again, I was put to awe. In front of me was a stranger I've never talked to before and now he was so nice, so friendly to me. I squeezed my eyes shut when Luhan slipped under. I love how he compared us. Our similarities.

"Chyna, you know what to do." I gestured to the rock and ducked under it. Chyna got on her belly and slithered under it.

"My shirt's all wet," Chyna pouted. We went to the backpack areas and grabbed our packs. Sal got us in a line and told us that we were going to, "Visit a nice waterfall and then eat lunch." 

"My 's all wet," I responded to Chyna. She giggled but shrugged, "Your jeans are quite dark, shouldn't show that much." I scowled, hating the wet feeling against my . We hiked uphill to a waterfall. It was beautiful. White water rushed down the fall, creating a roar like sound. All around us was greenery. The gray slabs of rock littered the area, making it majestic. Being us, we all took pictures. Trees swayed, causing water to fall on us.

'Tree poop' is what Sal called the falling water from the trees. It made our heads all wet. Suddenly, a loud sound of laughter erupted. Sal was bent, her hands on her knees, body shaking. 

"You what!?" Ms. Mei asked in utter surprise. Luhan innocently shrugged, "Put my gloves in my hat to keep it warm." A fresh round of laughter could be heard. Clever, I smiled gently. Chyna laughed along and looked at the sky that was now dark and gloomy. It looked like it was gonna rain. Rain, ugh. 

"Good going!" Chen high fived Luhan. We began to trek back to the auditorium to eat lunch. 

"Do you suppose we'll get chairs this time?" Chyna wondered.

"Hopefully," I adjusted my bag. Fat raindrops fell on us. 

"Oh no! It's raining!" Sal cried. She laughed and danced around like a maniac. We could only gape at her from where we were standing.

"Anyways, let's go!" Sal led us on a 3 mile hike to the auditorium. It was boring, cold, wet, freezing, wet, long, tiring, wet and even wetter. You get the idea. It . My stomach begged for food. Chyna and I complained mostly the whole way. I sighed as Sal unlocked the auditorium. Heaving a big sigh, I sat down at the stage of the auditorium, where we all sat in a circle for lunch. My tired legs stretched out in front of me as I looked around for Luhan. I have no idea why I kept looking for him. It was as though he kepy invading my mind. We did our ritual and dug into our lunch, which was burritos. I learned that hummus was actually pretty good. We ate, cleaned up and did our journal. After that, we began to 2 mile hike back.

"How man miles to you suppose we'll hike this week?" I looked at Chyna who was besides me. 

"I dunno, at least 10." Chyna sighed as another tree 'pooped' on her. The rain had ceased at least. It was gettingpretty windy. 

"I think it'll get colder at night and start to snow!" Ms. Mei cheered. Chyna and I whipped our heads around.

"Snow!?" I gasped and clapped my hands. I would love to see it snow. I've only seen it once and it was pretty awesome.

"Really??" Chyan grinned, showing her backest teeth.

"Snow... that sounds fun!" Kris waved a stick he found on the ground around. He claimed that this was his style of a stick. I had no idea that sticks had styles but I didn't question further. Tao and Chen were jumping up and down like little kids.

"Sweet," Luhan whistled and his sparkly eyes twinkled even more than normal. Once again, I was captivated by him. 

~~~

It was slightly after dinner and our night hike was about to begin. We had five more minutes before we had to go. I sat near my window, chin propped on my palm, facing out the window. My thoughts randomly filled my head. Problem was, that the thoughts weren't about Kai. Instead, they were about Luhan.

 

A/N- YAYYY LUHAN ACTION