night hike

That Spring Break

After dinner, we had half an hour to as the teacher put it 'chill'. Basically it meant playing cards and listening to music.

"What are we going to do after this?" Sam wondered. I shrugged and bit my lip in concentration, focusing on my cards.

"Something about a hike?" Alison furrowed her brow.

"Aww, it's to late to hike. In this cold even!" Chyna whined and stuck her face up the the window above my cot.

"Do you suppose it's going to snow?" I hoped it would because I've only seen it once and it was so magical.

"I hope!" Sam and Alison cried. They've never seen snow before.

''Eat fresh snow, it's good," Chyna sat back down.

"It is," Alison scrunched her nose aand Sam laughed at her expression.

"Yeah." Chyna grinned.

"I heared something about watching a 'inspirational video'," Alison quoted the teachers words.

"We are going to be so freezing," I shivered. On the walk back to our cabins after dinner, it was freezing. Considering the fact that I totally didn't pack any snow clothes and had only jeans and hoodies and one thick jacket, it wasn't going to be well.

"How do I look?" Sam stood up in this really cute brown jacket with fur along the hood. 

"It doens't fit you," Chyna plantitvely stated.

"Let Bekka try," Alison looked at me. I tilted my head and trie it on. Perfect fit, and it was warm.

"Oo! Looks good!" Alison beamed.

"Want it?" Sam asked, taking me by surprise.

"Sure!" She gave it to me. Sam pouted, "Now I have no jacket." I held out my blue northface jacket and she took it. It fit her just right and now problem's solved.

"Hey, I see people going, we should get going also," Chyna threw her cards in the middle while peering out the wndow.

"OK," we bundled up and left.

"You guys have keys right?" Chyna asked me and Alison who were in charge of the keys. 

"Flashlight! Oh no my flashlight!" Alison face palmed, forgetting hers. Sam gasped as it hit her also.

"Mine to!" I rolled my eyes along with Chyna and we held up our flashlights. They sighed with relief and we arrived at where we were supposed to meet.

"Check to make sure your buddy is there," Sam and I exchanged glances.

"Cabin mates should be there," Mr. Lee continued. The four of us were all together.

"Let's go!" Ms. Mei started to walk. Mr. Lee took up the rear where the four of us were. I noticed that Luhan and his friends walked relatively fast and were up front.

"Are you forgetting Kai already?" Alison waved her hands in from of my face to get my attention. My face burned, "No!"

"Mhm," Chyna sarcastically humed.

"I'm cold," Sam rubbed her hands together; an attempt th create heat. We walked for two miles to this auditorium place just to watch a video. Seriously? As we walked, our bodies got warmer due to the excersize. That was a good thing. The once bright sky got dusky and dark.

"That was kind of tiring," Chyna sighed as we filed into the huge auditorium room with velvet plush seats. A big white screen sat in front and there was a blond instructor there, waiting for us to settle down.

"Alright! Here's the game plan tonight. You guys are going to watch a video which we hope inspires you. It's on the spirit of Yosemite." I started to scoff.

"The adults will come with me to have a word about this week. Then all of you wl go listen to some rules." She smiled and walked off.

"Rule rules rules," Chyna frowned.

"Ooh! So pretty!" Alison cooed as some beautiful pictures of Yosemite in all seasons appeared. Nice music started to play.

yosemite-valley.jpg

yosemite-park-wallpapertravel-trip-yosem

As a writer, I had to admit, it was kind of inspirational. My fingers itched for paper and pencil but I didn't have one. The clip lasted for at least 10 minutes. A boy who looked like bao fluttered his eyes open while another boy who looked like a unicorn poked him.

"Whew, those were nice views," Sam stretched when the clip was done. The lights and people began to talk. 

"Mhm," Alison bobbed her head. The teachers were back in and they ushered us to the room next door. There was a small wooden stage in front, stacks of chairs along the sides and empty spaces for us to sit. 

"We aren't going to get chairs are we?" Sam looked around. Sutdents were sitting on the ground sure enough. Sighing, we plopped down and waited for someone to talk. A man walked on. He had an accent as he spoke the general rules and then talked about other things like wildlife.

"If you see a bear, say to your partner, 'Stop, bear.'" He demonstrated as we erupted with laughter.The way he said it was funny. 

"Then, you make loud noises and bear run away. If not, you run away," once again, he demonstrated.

"Ok, that's all for tonight." They ended this thing and wewere forced back out into the cold to walk back. Flashlights began to open one by one.

"AH!" Sam yelped because someone's flashlight hit her eyes.

"Are you ok?" I peered at her, worried.

"Yea," she shook it off and began to walk.

"I hate this cold weather," Chyna muttered.

"I have a scarf~" Alison happily sang.

"Lucky," my whole entire top part of my body was near freezing point.

"If it remains this cold then snow should coe," Mr. Lee informed us. I looked at his beard with jealousy. That must keep him warm.

"Snow?" The crazy looking boy excitedly asked.

"Yes Tao," Mr. Lee put on his gloves. The boy- Tao - beamed excitedly and turned to his friend who was the cold looking blond boy with piercings.

"I LOVE SNOW KRIS!" Tao bursted to the boy who's name happeed to be Kris.

"Sweet," Kris smiled. His smile is nice, I noted. Chyna waggled her eyebrows at me and I, in return, rollded my eyes.

"I love snow," an expressionless voice spoke out. It was the unicorn lookalke boy. The last words of the sentence were drawled out. Alison bit her lip attempting to not laugh at the boy's expression.

"AHHH!" Sam screamed again. I turned to her and saw her shielding her eyes from a bright light.

"Again," she made the -.- face. Some thing never changed, I laughed.