mirror lake

That Spring Break

After climbing up waaaay high and risking my life just to beat Luhan and his friends to the top, Sal got the group going. We were going to the Mirror River, a couple miles from here.

"Walking." Chyna groaned. I nodded sadly. We were at the back of the group, as usual. My thoughts were occupied with Kai. The Friday before spring break. The things I've overheard flashed into my mind.

Flashback-

I typed dilligently in computer arts to finish my flow chart that was due in a couple of minutes. Sehun, who was seated besides me and Chanyeol, who was seated next to Kai, were all talking quite loudly. 

"So you gonna ask her out soon?" Chanyeol asked Kai. I tried to ignore what they were saying but failed.

"If not, he's gonna asked her out," Sehun butted in. Who is the other guy? Who is the girl?

"I don't know when her lunch period is though," Kai seriously told them. My heart fell. I blinked and stared at my screen. So he did like someone. I'd rather him like no one than like someone that's not me, a selfish side of my brain spoke.

That whole entire rest of the day, I was silent and thinking. Perhaps the spring break will give me a break in all this drama.

-End flashback

"Thinking about Kai again?" Chyna poked my cheek.

"What!?" I became flustered.

"See, yea you are~" Chyna teased me before running away before I could harm her. She managed to get away unscathed. Rocks littered the road and it made it hard to run over. 

"Yah!" I cried after her. I managed to catch up to her.

"Well...since you're not gonna kill me," Chyna flashed me a toothy smile. I rolled my eyes and got wrapped up in my thoughts once again.

"Tomorrow is April Fool's day!" Chyna cheered. I smiled halfheartedly. I really loved April Fool's day. On the first of April, it was a special day where we tricked each other. That day, you couldn't trust anything that anyone says.

"Any tricks?" I asked her. I wanted to trick my parents somehow.

"Nope, you?" She looked at me.

"I think...I might call my parents and tell them something alarming about my day and scare them," I mischeviously pondered at that idea. It wasn't bad. 

"OH ahahah you should!" Chyna decided for me. I nodded and we walked in comfortable silence.

~~~

"Peace and chao?" Sal waited for us expectantly.

"Chao and peace," we responded and began to eat our lunch. According to Sal, there was a lunch ritual we had to go through everyday before we could eat things. First, we passed the snacks around and everyone could snack on those. Then, we took our food, like bread, then cheese, then celery or whatever. We weren't allowed to eat those yet. Next, we had to answer this question in a circle and then we responded to her peace and chao thing. Finally, we got to eat.

"This is good," Chyna mumbled in between bites. 

"Yeah. Sunbutter isn't bad. I love the jam." I took another huge mouthful of a sandwhich.

"Let's play 2 truths and a lie!" Sal suggested. Everyone agreed since it was a pretty fun game.

"Some of you guys don't know how to play, so here goes. A person has to tell 2 truths and one lie. Everyone else has to guess which is the lie." Ms. Mei's eyes had a twinkled in them.

"Who would like to go first?" Sal asked. Luhan's hands shot up and he began to talk.

"My full name is Luhan. I like the rubix cube. I'm the tallest person in the world." Luhan smiled widely and proudly. Laughs were heard from around the circle. Kris was surely the tallest person actually. Everyone knew it was the last one. I was glad to find out more things about him. Luhan.... seems chinese. We went around the circle doing that game. It was fun and an icebreaker.

"Hey, do you think this is mde of sunflower seeds?" Chyna was talking about the sunbutter.

"It's on the ingrediants," I bluntly told her. Yeah, call me weird but I like to know what I'm eating.

"It's pretty good. But why don't they serve regular old peanut butter?" Chyna finished her sandwhich. I shrugged, "Maybe it's because some people are allergic." Chyna thoughtfull nodded. I ate the last bite of my sandwhich with sastifaction. I was far from full but it filled a little bit of my stomach. How do people eat so little per day? Don't they starve?

"Alright, around the bend is the Mirror Lake, our destination. We could play there for a bit. Try not to go that deep into the lake, because you can drown." Sal picked up her bag and we walked to the lake. It was beautiful and breathtaking. True to its name, Mirror Lake mirrored the surroundings. The lake was clear and full of reflections. A pretty mountain was at the back, giving it a scenic view. Trees surrounded it and made it magestic.

o-YOSEMITE-LAKE-900.jpg?5

"Whoa," Chyna breathed. My attention was focused on a huge rock around 11 feet tall. Setting my backpack down, I motioned for Chyna to follow me. I let her to the side of the rock where I thought was the easiest to start climbing. Kris and Tao were just straight up running up the steep side of the rock and reaching the top. Ms. Mei was in front of me as we ascended.

"I can't do it." Chyna gave up and sat at the bottom.

"Awww," I pouted. Luhan and Chen were now up on the rock. So was this other boy named Mark. I barely knew him but he was cute. Like a little brother cute. He saw me staring at him in awe (I was, how did he run up the steep side!?) and flashed me a smile.

untitled_by_kressidia_kins-d76ikvx.jpg

I tentatively smiled back and finally got to the top of the rock. The view of course, was amazing. I slid down the steep side, just like the others. Ms. Mei was screaming and freaking out on the slide down. I laughed and followed Ms. Mei to another rock. It was harder to climb but we made it up there. I realized that Chyna was still on the other rock. I looked across and snapped a picture of the view. But when I zoomed into the rock, I saw Chyna, flopped onto the rock like a starfish. Her shirt was hitched up a bit at her stomach. I held back laughter and could help but think that...

She looks like she's a rock.

 

A/N- lol a rock. It's Mark from Got7!!! He's a minor character but will appear in some chaps (: