peaceful

That Spring Break

"And we are at the west end!" Sal announced at we got in a single file, getting out of the bus. As promised, the next day, Sal bought us to the west end where there was an enormous rock climbing mountain that was extremely dangerous. Honestly, I thought it'd be cool to climb it. I would if there wasn't a life ending risk though.

"Guh, I can't believe that she said we might play Cyclopes tag again," Chyna was still in a bad mood from what Sal announced the moment we met up this morning.

"AHAHA that was a terrible game," I agreed.

Flashback-

"This is a tag game with pairs. Each of you get a partner and then cover one of your eyes with one of your hands, The other hand has to loop through the other one like this. Then, you have to tag your partner with your open hand." Sal demonstrated withe Ms. Mei.

In the end, everyone just ended up sitting because we were exhausted from the hike. Also because our hands were in such an uncomfortable position and it got cramps. Even Sal had to agree that it was a failure of a game.

"Off to camouflage then!" We played for a round. I hid in the shadows of one tree, mad at the fact that the only warm coat I had was a birhgt blue one that stood out. This round, Ms. Mei won. To our greatest shock, she was inder a pile of backpacks and jackets.

"I still can't believe you didn't catch me! I mean, I was a shaking pile of jackets, laughter spilling out of my lips!" Ms. Mei was indeed amazed.

"Well," the girl pursed her lips and they laughed.

-End flashback.

"So over that hill of pines and then into a clearing!" Sal waved us and we began to hike. It was like what we did everyday now, hike. Today was the last full day at Yosemite. Tomorrow we were leaving at noon. It was sad, I would miss this place. This is what I got for becoming attatched to a place or persont too much. Also after this...will I ever see Luhan again? He was going to graduate anyways...

"So silent," Chyna commented as we moved one, hiking up on those stupid pine needles.

"Yeah," I mumbled, my brain still on the thoughts of Luhan.

"Look," Chyna pointed foward and I caught sight of the students climbing up. Realizing there was a steep drop, I slid down it with Chyna next to me.

"There's no snow," Chyna pouted.

"Sad," I loved the snow so much. It was the highlight of the trip.

"Weeee!" Chyna shrieked into the open air. People gave us weird look and we sheepishly grinned back to them, not really caring.

"Ugh," I approaced the climbing part. It was steep and tall. God, I pity myself for being short. I wasn't really that short, but still pretty short.

"Good luck~" Chyna boosted herself up and got up in the blink of any eye. Grunting, I used random roots to push myself up. When I got up, I dusted myself, proud. Soon, the sun was up and it gave us the warmth in contrast of the bitter cold we've been feeling for the last days.

"This is a meadow that is sacred, said by the Ahwaneechi people," Sal informed us, setting her pack down, "Circle!" We placed - more like thrown- our backpacks down and formed a circle around her. The Ahwaneechi people were the native Americans that have lived here waaay before. 

"Since this place is so peaceful, we might as well take a short nap here," Sal looked at our haggard faces. In the openeing circle today, she learned that we all had bad nights of sleep. That explained the dreary mood of our group. Even Chen was silent.

"Good idea," Ms. Mei yawned and lied down. We were quick to follow. My muscles instantly relaxed, eyes fluttering shut. I focused on the natural sounds from around us. Chirps of a bird, the woosh of the wind, some rustling of leaves and bug noises.

"If you guys look up, there's a mistletoe tree," Sal interrupted the silence. Forcing my eyes to open, I saw the bright blue sky, heavy with clouds, with a skinny branchy tree with clumps of pinecone look-alikes. They were green. It was surprising because I was always told that mistletoes were bright green with a red dot in the middle.

4752269c0.jpg

Mistletoe, a smile flitted across my lips as I thought of Luhan. It was confirmed that I had some sort of problem.

"Oooh~ too bad Kai isn't here," Chyna teased, following my gaze. I rolled my eyes and began to sleep once again. Yes, I really took a nap for like, ten minutes. It was a short nap, but it did wonders to my tired state. 

"Even Chen feels better," Chyna looked at Chen who began cracking his usual terirble jokes. 

"Why do you keep talking about him?" I raised my eyebrows suggestively. Chyna hit me with a stick she found. I winced and glared at her.

"Ok, nap over, I'm going to tell you a story. Since we took a while getting here, we will go to this beach like place, eat lunch, play, hike to another meadow, take a spirit walk and after that, play some games." Sal grabbed her pack and hefted it up. The patches of snow were still here and there, dotting the green meadow filled with purple flowers.

"A spirit walk?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Sounds fun!" Chyna chirped, swatting at a random fly. 

"Bugs," I crinkled my nose. I was the biggest bug fraidy cat but I guess Tao replaced that.

"No AHHH!" Tao continued to scream as Kris and Chen held up their hands, filled with ants, infront of Tao's face. Oh poor him. Luhan watched them with a fond smile at his face. His eyes looked as though they missed someone though. Probably this two other best friends, Lay and Xiumin. It was as though they were unseparable.

I stretched my arms wide and looked at the sky.

It was such a nice and peaceful day.