blinded

That Spring Break

We hiked to this beachy area called Devil's Elbow. The snow had all melted, making the lake there appear fresh and nice. Sand covered the area thickly. Trees littered here and there. Large rocks, which were great for climbling, sat on the beach. A spindly tree was set right at the edge.The gathering clouds darkened the whole scene however. Once we got there, Luhan dropped his backpack and tried to climb up a tree, but since it was so thin, he wasn't able to. Kris, whom I thought was just silent and somber, appeared to be gaffawing. 

The+Great+Hole+(1+of+1).jpg

"You guys can choose to have free time before or after lunch!" Sal called out. Being us, we decided to get the food first, then play. We did our usual peace and chao stuff and made hummus sandwhiches. More like burritos but whatever. It was delish.

"Hummus is so tasty!" Chyna exclaimed, sort of shocked.

"I know!" I was shocked as well. I've never had humms before and always thought of it as nasty, but it wasn't. I noticed Luhan sitting a few people over and couldn't help but grin like a fool. It was like, it was like Kai was fading away and Luhan was over taking. But it was bad, since Luhan was going to leave school in 2 months. My best friends were oblivious of the whole thing, and I didn't plan to tell them since I think that maybe when I get back to school, I'll see Kai and all the feelings will come back.

"We have jolly ranchers again!" Sal cheerfully passed them out. Ms. Mei thanked her and chowed down her food like a ravenous bear.

"Yum!" Chyna and I both cheered in sync. We ate peacefully, filling us up since we were to hike all the way back to camp. 

"Hey, what do you want to do?" Chyna asked when our meal was done. I eyed Luhan, who was chasing Chen, who had his cap. He was shouting and Chen was just laughing like a troll. Kris and Tao sat on a rock, watching them. 

"Who are you looking at?" Chyna followed my line of vision.

I shook my head, "No one. Let's play in the sand!" I took my finger and dragged it in the sand, writing Kai's name.

"Ooh~" Chyan nudged me, seeing what I wrote.

"Ehehe," I sheepishly covered it with sand. The thing was, I wanted to repeat his name over and over until I liked him again.

"Miss his voice?" Chyna teased.

"It's so deep and hot and yeah," I laughed at Chyna's disgusted face, "Gross." I whacked her and we lay in the sand, laughing and picturing clouds as random things like knives. Ms. Mei and the senior girls were all making a sand town. When they were done, Sal announced to us about our departure. People snapped pictures of the sand town (what Ms. Mei named Delbow) and we got our packs to leave.

"That's deep," Chyna blinked at Mark's hole that he dug. It was narrow and deep and dark.

"Miss me?" Chen suddenly appeared and stuck his face in front of our faces. Chyna swatted it away, "Hah you wish."

"I do wish," Chen caught Chyna by surprise.

I took this opportunity to tease them, "I'll leave you lovers to talk." With that, I ran away, cackling madly. On the way back, we talked and found out the boys were joining the end-of-the-trip talent show. Chyna found a fascinating stick and bought it back home.

~~~

"What? Grandfather's canes?" Alison laughed heartily at that.

"Yeah," Chyna grinned like a little kid. Sam was glaring at Lay and Luhan, who were walking slower than turtles in front of us. Chyna told them the story that she told me on the way back to camp.

Flashback-

"So my grandfather collects a bunch of antiques, especially canes, so this stick reminded me of him. He has 2 canes that he never uses. There's a silver one that weighs around a couple hundred pounds, in my opinion. It was a huge eagle perched on top of it. I have no idea why he has it. Then, he has this wooden one. Wooden canes make sense I guess, except this one has stickers of golf stuff everywhere and has a coiled snake perched on it. It's so weird since he never uses it." Chyna and I cracked up on that story.

-End Flashback

"Everyone shut your flashlights and look at the stars!" Mr. Lee forced us to shut our flashlights. I gazed out into the black sky, filled with many stars. They twinkled, and one big star stood out.

double-stars_jared-smith.jpg

"Magical," Sam breathed. Everyone was gasping and trying to take pictures that didn't work. It was truly and amazing sight.

"I know right!?" Alison was fascinated by the stars. Our group was filled with murmurs.

"Alright, we can head back to camp now!" Ms.Mei started walking quickly. Everyone flashed on their flashlights and followed her. Chyna poked the person in front of her, which was Lay. He turned around and shined the flashlight right in my face. I yelped and sheilded my eyes.

"Oops," Chyna knew she was at fault. Lay blinked before turning around.

"Hey!" Luhan shined his flashlight at Lay's eyes.

"What was that for!?" Lay glared at Luhan, shocked. His reply was not heard. I was jumping with joy on the inside. He was...he defended me!!! That deserved some squealing.

"What's with the dazed look?" Sam poked my cheek.

"Huh?" I acted like I didn't have a single idea what she was talking about.

"Don't lie," Sam thought for a while, "Do you still like Kai?"

"Why would I not?" I countered back. She raised an eyebrow, "You like someone here don't you? Is it Lay?" How'd she know this stuff?

"No!" I shot my eyes at Alison and Chyna, making sure they weren't listening.

"Who is it? Chen? Luhan? Tao? Xiumin? Kris?" Sam continued guessing.

"None!" Sam made me swear on her life that I was telling the truth. I looked away and decided to ignore her.

"I knew it!" She gleefully clapped, "Who is it?"

I shrugged, "He's in front of us." Sam gasped and pointed at Lay. I furiously shooked my head and she pointed at Luhan. I felt my face heat up and look away.

"Oh snap~" Sam giggled.

I begged her, "Please don't tell Chyna or Alison. I'm sure that when I get back to school, I will see Kai and all my feelings for him will come back."

"Sure. You do know he's going to graduate soon right?" Sam doubtfully looked at me, "Now why do you like Luhan?" 

I sadly nodded, knowing he was going away. At the second question, I immediately thought of so many things, "I could go on forever."

 

A/N- when Bekka gets back to school....Kai moments will show up~