Down

That Spring Break

"Whew," I breathed and gazed out at the luminius mountains surrounding us. My was wet but it was ok, since we were all sitting on wet rock, chomping on these wonderful tasting burritos with hummus.

"I know, it was tiring," Chyna was sitting next to me on her jacket. 

"Who wants more pretzels?" Sal asked from the middle of the 'circle'. Everyone just about screamed yes due to the fact that those pretzels, yes they were amazing tasting. It was the best yet, besides the Jolly Ranchers. She went around, passing them out as Ms. Mei worriedly looked at Sal's small portion of food compared to us.

"Your knee is alright right?" Chyna worriedly peeked at my knee. Nodding, I waited for the handful of pretzels.

Flashback-

"What kind of doughnut hole do you like best?" I quickly asked, recovering quickly from my shock. Chyna shook her head, still breathing hard.

"Did you bring medicine?" Sal patted Chyna's back. She shook her head once again. Sal turned to me, "There are types of doughnut holes?" 

"Of course!" I was trying to divert Chyna's attention so she wouldn't freak out, "There's the classics: vanilla and chocolate and plain. Then there's campfire which is s'more like, and then strawberry and mojito which is mint. Rise and shine consists of bacon, breafast of champs has to fruity-o's and the birthday cake one has icing and sprinkles. It sounds delish. There's also peanut butter and jelly, like a sandwhich, mango chile, this spanish thing, jelly roll, chocolate coconut and chocolate mint. Lastly, I present you the potato chip kind." I memorized these through this magazine I once read at my mom's friends house.

Sal was awed, "So many!" I bobbed my head, seeing that Chyna's breathes were calming down.

"You ok?" I finally bought myself to ask.

"Now I am," Chyna flashed me her usual grin and we started to move foward again. As we did, we slipped on all sorts of slush and snow. I tripped over this rock hidden under a patch of snow. Cursing my clumsiness, I held my hands up to shield my face. Landing hard on my knee, Chyna rushed over and helped me up. After assuring her and Sal I was fine, we trekked another miles of slipperiness upward.

-End flashback.

"Thanks," I smiled at Sal after she gave me a handful.

"You are most welcome," she warmly beamed back. After she left, there was the usual chatter. I noticed Luhan eating with his friends. A realization struck me; love snuck on me without knowing. Well, not loe, but more like a crush. It felt like my feelings for Kai were fading quickly. I bit my lip and lowered my blushing face.

"Hey, why are you blushing?" Chyna poked my half red cheek.

"Nothing," I preteneded to have no idea what she was talking about, "Probably just the cold." Chyna nodded understandingly and took off her mittens.

"Everyone, on our way down, we go at our own pace. When there is a split with the sign, we'll meet. After that, I know this place where we can write in our journals and play 2 games. I am very proud of you, you guys got to this place well and on time." Sal was ecstatic on our success. We cheered and began to toss the crumbs into this plastic bag she had. Gathering out things, we began to go downward. It was just as hard as I expected. Since the snow was melting quickly, we could fall in any sorts of ways.

"Don't look down," I heard Chyna chanting to herself. We were, as usual, at the back of the pack with an injured male, Mark, behind us, walking slowly with Ms. Mei. Chen came up to me and told me the stupidest joke in the world. Chyna rolled her eyes and shook her head. I giggled, "It's funny because it's so stupid." Chen acted offended but then patted my arm and went up to where his friends all were.

"He looks funny," Chyna commented. Chen gave off the silly vibe, just like my friend's crush back at home, Chanyeol. I seriously ship Chyna with either Chen or Chanyeol. Their personalities matched so much!

"Mhm," I carefully went down, slipping everywhere. One of my hands were using the snow next to me to help me hold on. Thank god my mom made me do those ice skating classes.

"Skiing really prepared me for this," Chyna turned to the sky thankfully.

"Yeah, and ice skating," my lips quirked into a grin and we slushed our way down. When we reached the intersection, I was glad to announce that Chyna and I got ahead of the senior girls. Of course Luhan, Kris, Tao, Chen and some other guys were down first; they ran all the way down. How they did that, we will never know.

"Hey, look, Sal is all the way up there," Chyna pointed at two figures in the distance.

"Oh yeah," I acknowledge, my head turned that way. My eyes however were in the direction of Luhan, kicking the snow and eating some. 

"Jolly Ranchers and then we go by this creek and make a boat. The creek is said to have magic to make wishes come true, so as you send of your makeshift boat, make a wish!" Sal had a childish grin on as she and the guy caught up. 

"OOo~" Ms. Mei looked absolutely interested.

"Let's go!" Sal took the front and Ms. Mei took watch of the dude. I urged Chyna to come foward to me because I wanted to be behind Luhan. Even his back view was good looking. The sun's glare was getting to most of the people here so they put on sunglasses.

BePtGEaCQAAcsuU.jpg:large

After walking for another long while (my feet were aching) we made it to the creek. It was indeed beautiful. I wove some leaves together and stuck a stick into it, making my boat. One by one, the students were getting done with boats of all shapes and sizes. When all the boats were made, we got to the edge of the river and one by one made wishes. I was fifth in line so it was soon my turn. Thinking of Chyna, Sam and Alison, I made my wish.

I wish our friendship will last forever.

 

A/n- I know it's not that good:(