snow

That Spring Break

La"Guh so cold." I stuck my bare hands in my pockets. My gloves were in the other pocket. It was dusky and we were doing our night hike. Fat clouds filled the sky. 

"Totally," Chyna agreed, rubbing her arms.

"Oh well." I sighed and we trudged on.

"Oh is that snow!?" Sam all of a sudden cried out, pointing at the sky.

"No it's just-- OHMIGOD IT'S SNOW!" Chyna screamed happily and opened the palm of her hands to catch a snowflake. My head turned up in wonder.

"So cool!" Alison clapped and danced around.

"Hey. Look, it's snowing!" Murmurs ran through our group. Some laughed and jumped out of joy. I tilted my face upward, seeing that snow was coming down quicker and heavier.

"Pictures!" Alison encouraged Sam, who took out her phone and took pictures and videos of us in snowland.

"Sweet." Chyna's breath fogged the air. As I gazed up at the sky, it seemed as though the snow was falling upon me in slow motion. Everything like, froze in time.

"Look!" A freshman girl's face was covered with droplets of snow. I laughed and felt like my face was full of it as well. Chyna and Alison had their arms spread out wide and tongue stuck out, catching snow. 

"Delicious." Alison declared, waving her arms like a lunatic. People were playing with the snow by now. Some fell on my palm, it was fluffy. Some snow pelted upon my face and I made a small noise. It was painful. 

"Stop guys look!" Ms. Mei, at the front of the group stopped us and we faced a large meadow with greenery everywhere. Since the meadow was open, we saw snow falling upon it. There were already patches of it. It was like a winter wonderland.

"Magical," I heard Tao breathe.

"Who are those two?" I asked Sam, jutting my chin toward the other 2 boys that hung out with Luhan, Chen, Kris and Tao. 

"Xiumin, the one that's kicking snow and Lay, the one with a blank expression," Sam explained as she described them.

"They look like good friends with one another," I observed just as Alison yelped in pain.

"Snow hurts!" Alison rubbed her face. I would say I told you so... but whatever. I nodded in sympathy. Chyna shrugged and we moved on. It began to snow a lot and a lot of snow was starting to build up on the path. Luhan took some snow, shaped it into a snowball and tossed it at Lay. Lay turned around, blinked and dragged his words, "I'm gonna hit you." He took a snowball and hit Luhan's neck.

"Ahhh cold!" Luhan's hands flew to cover his neck to keep the warmth.

"Haha. I got you." Lay's voice was toneless but he smiled. A dimpled appeared and he looked so peaceful.

"AHAHHA it's funny how toneless his voice is." Sam laughed from besides me.

"Whoa, snowball fight...." Chyna evilly rubbed her palms. Since my phone was in my pocket, I had the fear of it getting wet so I zipped my pocket up. A loud laugh rang above the group's chatter. Chen. Of course. He had a loud laugh and was a prankster, or as Chyna put it, a troll. Tao kicked the snow powerfully. My eyebrows rose so much I think it disappeared. I guess he was a kungfu guy or whatever.

"I love snow and all, but this is getting colder, wetter and more painful," Chyna commented.

"I know right, yeah." Alison mimicked Sam and kept her face toward the ground.

"Do you guys know what you guys are doing tomorrow?" I started a conversation to ignore my sopping wet socks and miserable feet.

"No our teacher doesn't tell us," Alison pouted.

"Oh. We are going to hike up a mountain. A challenge hike." Chyna made a face. Walking wasn't her thing.

"Oh that . It'll be full of snow tomorrow." Alison oh so sympathetically siled at us.

"Yah, feel more sympathy," I punched her arm. There was tapping on my back. I turned around and saw Mr. Lee. He mischeviously grinned and snapped a picture of my face. I glared at him as he looked at the picture and cracked up.

"What is it?" Alison eagerly leaned over, saw the picture and clutched her stomach was laughter.

"Do I look that bad?" I wondered, walking back to see my picture.

"AHAHHAHAA yeah." Chyna gasped for air. Sam silent laughed, her eyes squeezed shut. I made a face and looked at the picture. It was a terrible one.

"Delete it!" I screeched. Mr. Lee held it high above his head. I harrumphed and stomped away, the girls following me but continueously laughing.

"Best. Candid. Ever!" Chyna wiped laughing tears from her eyes. I rolled my eyes and my mind unconciously wandered to Luhan. It was so sweet of him to help me the way he did in the light. Also the way he compared us was so.....EEEEE.

"She's got the daydreaming face." Sam teased and poked my cheeks. She squeezed them, "So cute!" I whacked her arm away and shot daggers with my eyes. Something I practiced with my mirror, believe it or not. It wasn't easy for me to look menacing sadly.

"Missing Kai?" Alison cheesily winked. I blinked at her. Kai hadn't entered my mind since yesterday morning. It was as though I didn't miss him.

"Aww she's blushing~" Chyna booped my nose. I made a face at her.

"It's because of Sam's cheek squeezing." I shot a pointed look at Sam who was innocently smiling.

"Too bad Kai isn't here," Sam shrugged.

"He isn't here to enjoy your snow adventure!" Chyna mock pouted.

"How bout your guy?" I raised my eyebrows and Chyna immediately shut up.

"Oh well for you." Alison giggled.

"In Korea, it's said that during the first snow, if the guy you like is there, it's meant to be." Sam liked Korean pop and knew so many korean things. 

"Suree." I waved her off, pushing the thought out of my mind.

"Don't believe me then." We moved into another topic. 

Later on, what Sam told me about the first snow filled my mind. It was true that Kai wasn't here...but I couldn't help but think that Luhan was here with me for the first snow. 

Another thought filled my mind, was I falling for him?