departure

That Spring Break

I hugged my parents and bid them goodbye excitedly and leapt out of the car to grab my luggage. My insides were quivering with total nervousness and excitement.

"Byebye!" My dad waved to me. They sped away and I stood with my luggage, sleeping bag and backpack in hand. Looking around, I seached for my other best friends who were coming with me. We were going on a spring break trip together! I saw towering seniors standing in big groups. There were a lot of boys on a trip. One of them, I recognized as Luhan. He was my friends old crush. It wasn't hard to admit that he was cute.

"Here Bekka!" Chyna yelled with her loud voice. I dragged my suitcase to her. Another car pulled up and Sam walked out with a tiny suitcase, sleeping bag and backpack.

"SOOO EXCITING!!" Chyna squealed. I nodded as Sam made her way over.

"Omo, it's nearly time!" She looked at her Iphone and sure enough, the bus was going to be here in 7 minutes.

"Where's Alison?" I asked, looking around. We weren't complete without all four of us.

"They're so tall.." Chyna looked at a particularly tall boy with blond hair and ear peircings.

"I'm here!" Alison broke in. She also had a luggage like the four of us. Everyone else, it seemed, had a duffel bag.

"I wanna be in the same trail group together though," Sam pouted. Sam and Alison, Chyna and me, totally different groups. It was the only saddening thing about this trip.

"Yeah.." Chyna faked cried until one of our teachers, Mr. Lee, came and loudly shouted a couple of times. Everyone hushed and Mr. Lee signalled my PE teacher, Ms. Mei, to speak.

"Ok! We will begin to board the bus now! Please put your luggages in the compartments under the bus!" With that, everyone started rushing in.

"I'll put all of ours in, go get good seats!" I urged Chyna and Sam to go. Alison however, stayed and helped me.

"Do you miss Kai?" She asked in a low voice as we pushed through the crowd. Kai was my current crush at school. He and I had the same elective, computer arts, and PE. He was really nice and...handsome.

"Kinda," I shrugged and pushed Chyna's luggage in. Mine was next but then all of a sudden, I was shoved over. Alison threw everything else in except for my stuff because I was clutching it.

"Are you alright?" A gently voice asked. It was Luhan. His sparkly eyes held concern.

"Thanks," I smiled at him when he helped me up.

"Welcome. Here let me help you with that," he reached over and took my luggage, hefted it up and placed it in. I was shocked. It was really heavy and this boy who kinda looked like a girl just lifted it up! He was a true man.

"Thanks so much!" I thanked him.

"Welcome, it was the least I could do because my friend Tao knocked you over," he rubbed his neck sheepishly. I nodded. So the crazy looking one was Tao.

I thanked him once more and boarded the bus. Chyna got us good seats near the middle. Alison and Sam were across from us. Chyna got the window seat. I sat down and put my backpack on the ground.

"I get window seat on the way back," I warned teasingly. Chyna grinned. I took out my phone and plugged my earbuds into them listening to some music. The teachers explained the rules of the bus and we were off. The sophomores graders were upfront and that section was silent. The seniors were at the back and I tell you, that place was a ruckus. I turned around and saw the tall guy, Tao and Luhan laughing crazily at some joke that was told. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Chyna.

"Admiring that deer lookalike aren't you?" Chyna waggled her eyebrows. I frowned and whacked her.

"Oh no! Bekka, are you forgetting about Kai already?" Alison widened her eyes.

"Yah! No!!" I reached over and kicked her best I could, "Don't say his name that loud!" Alison giggled and poked Sam who was fast asleep.

"Do you have food?" Chyna inquired and looked at my stuffed bag.

"Yes. Did you eat breakfast?" I ped my bag and took out a package of dried strawberries. They were crunchy, sour yet sweet and delicious. Chyna took the bag and began to chow it down.

"Cocoa," she replied five minutes later. I saw that half of the strawberries were gone and snatched it back.

"Want some?" I asked the other two.

"I smell food," Sam sniffed as she awoke. Seeing the strawberries, she reached and took some along with Alison. In the end I only got a handful.

"Take these," I placed a baggie of chips in Chyna's hands. I didn't want my best friend to be hungry and unenergized. Chyna thanked me and gobbled it down. I was focused on my phone when Alison's question bought me back to earth.

"Did you bring our lunches?" Sam was supposed to bring us all sandwhiches because she had awesome sandwhiches.

"Yea," Sam fell asleep again. Chyna cheered but it soon turned into a yawn.

"I'm gonna sleep, wake me up k?" She asked. I nodded and she went to dreamland. Alison looked around the bus.

"That guy looks somber," she pointed to the blond guy. He was staring with a cold expression. I nodded. I think his name was Kris or Ken or something.

"But I bet you he's crazy," I let a sly smile slip through.

"Probably, like Chyna," she looked at the sleeping girl beside me who's hair was already tangled, "I'm glad she's not awake to hear this." I laughed and settled back in my seat. On the bridge, I looked back at the city.

Bye bye civilization and here we come Yosemite!

This was going to be the best trip ever!

 

A/N- first chappie! I know...its not that good, but i promise, it gets better btw, im having some luhan feels luhan is gonna be like, the main 'fluff' for at least 10 chaps