A Boy Who Can’t Say Goodbye

Hide It So Long

2014

At Royal College of Music, London

 

I ride my bicycle back to the dorm. I take a look my watch and it’s already 11 p.m. I come late again. I park my bicycle and enter the hall of dormitory. I climb a stair. My room is at second floor. I take my key and enter the room silently. I don’t want disturb my roommate.

“YA!”, I saw a person in white from head to toe.

“Oh my God! Don’t surprise me like that hyung!” , I already sat on the floor.

He turns on the light and said, “Who told you to come late? Where you had been?”. He is Henry hyung. I closed with him since my first grade, it’s been 2 years I live with him at same door. He is a postgraduate student in performance. He is one of the best students here. He plays violin and piano very well and mastered of it.

“I was in practice room, in two weeks later, I must to do a piano performance”, I said as I stand up and reach refrigerator. Suddenly I feel thirsty.

“Who is the professor?”

“Professor Lang”, I sigh.

“haha..You better be prepare well, he is a perfectionist, I did it twice cause he didn’t satisfied with my performance, I suffered for entire month”. Yeah..He did twice, but the others did fourth or fifth.

“hyung, don’t stress me out!”, I frown and lay my body on the bed.

“I will help you”

“No, you must help me”. I said to him as I stand up and go to bathroom before going sleep.   

There is a picture that always stands neatly on his desk. A V-sign pose at gateway Amusement park .

 

***

 

After finished my class, I run to the parking park and take my bicycle. Need 30 minutes ride from my school to Verdi, an Italian restaurant. I have a part time job on there as Pianist.

“Buon pomeriggio!”, I greet a man on the kitchen bar as I go to the staff room to change my outfit.

“Good afternoon Francesco!”. He said as raising her hand.

They have a large open kitchen. The design of restaurant is very cozy and comfortable. This is not a classic restaurant that I have to play a classic song.  They need a live music three days a week just to entertain the people here and I payed well for this.

After I change my outfit into sky blue shirt and match it with my blue jeans, I start to play piano. Since its summer, I play my favorite song, Joe hiashi - Summer. Many visitors pay attention on my played and I feel exited.  I smile at them.

On the corner, there are four girls who enjoy their pizza and spaghetti.

“hey, look! He is an asian, whoaah..Very handsome”, the girl with red blouse pointed in front.

“Where? Who? “, another girl with pink shirt wonders her eyes around.

“Behind you dear, the one who played the piano”

“whuaa… he is totally my style!”, girl with pink shirt claps her hand and put on her cheek.

“He is famous on here, many of girl come just to see him, but he always come three days a week. He is a Korean, 21 years old. He is a sophomore student in Royal College of music and takes Bachelor of music program”.  A girl with long black hair with shirt which tinted by small flower pink tell them in one breath.

“Why you know him so well?”, a girl with blue tank top speaks up.

“Don’t tell me, you are his girlfriend, Krystal?”, said girl with red blouse.

Krystal smiles at them and look at Taemin direction.

 

***

 

After I played two songs, I sit at the bar and take my drink. Someone patted my shoulder, and say, “long times no see Taemin”

I shock with her appearance. Why she know me here? ”Ya.. Jung Soo Jung, long times no see”. I patted her shoulder. “Why you know me here?”.

“haha..Actually I know you here since two weeks ago, my worker mate tells me, there is a handsome Korean pianist that played so well on this restaurant, and she makes a video on it, and she shows it to me”. She smile and sit beside me.

“Tell your friend, I want to sue her, cause she shoot me without my permission before”

“You famous here, Taemin”

“No, you are the famous one. I looked your picture on many fashion magazine. How long you will stay here?”I said as I slurp my drink.

“One month, it had been two weeks I am here”

“Great, if you have time I will guide you to travel around”.

“Right now?”

“haha..Not today Soo Jung, I still on my work and after this I have to back to my dorm”.

“It’s look like you are more busy than me, right?”.

“I think it’s true”.

 

***

Sunday morning at Hyde Park

 

“How is about your school life? It’s fun?”, Soo Jung breaks the silent.

“Sometimes fun, sometime stressful, but I enjoy it”. I said as we manage to sit on the chair that you can see the view of the lake.

~Silent~

“And you don’t want ask me a question?”. She breaks the silent again.

“About what?”. I stares her blankly.

“About Naeun…maybe?”. Hearing her name make me pause a second. I feel my world suddenly stop.

 “You usually like this when you hear her name..Why? I mean, you know her feeling, but why you make her waiting for nothing”.

“It’s already too late, Soo Jung”

“Why it’s too late?”

“She would want to see me, if I had said how I feel about her. She would miss me even more.*”

“So? There is nothing wrong about it. Why you make this so complicated since there are many opportunities you will be together with her”.

“All this time I’ve been breaking her heart by keeping her wait yet I can’t appear before her eye. I don't wanna see her cry anymore even if it means I no longer exist in her heart, how immature of me right?*”

I heard she sighs. “Stupid, I don’t know how your brain works Taemin”

 

 

 

 

In Soo Jung mind, I am a stupid too, all this time I always beside him, but I choose to love him in silence, yeah, cause in silence I find no rejection, and in silence no one owns you but me*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why my fics turn to Mellow drama, hehe..

I promise it will end with happy ending

The sentence with * marks, not come from my brain. I take from Detective Conan Comics (but I forget what volume) and another one I found on twitter (@word).

The place not a coincidence, actually I search it on Google. So the name of University and the restaurant are real.

 

 

please comment for this chapter^^

happy reading!