Creating a Fate

Hide It So Long

2014

 

At Naeun’s House.

“Of course, I’d love to”, I heard Amber voices from living room. “I miss you too”, what? I giggled after I heard those word come out from Amber mouth. She looks masculine, but every time she is on the phone with him, she is really feminine.

Amber decides stayed at my house tonight cause we are doing our task together, for our end semester task. It's look like we must stay all night.

“You really like him, right?”, I .

“ No, I am in love with him”, she said to me as she hits my arm with book.

“Arrgghh..too cheesy”, I blocked my ears as I can’t stand from that cheesy word,

“That’s why you choose Korea?”

“That’s the one of the reason. I want to know him more by living in his country, even though for a while”.

“I am sure I will miss you when you ends your program here”.

“You can visit me or I will visit you, technology much better now, we can keep in touch trough phone or Skype maybe”.

I smile to her. “As you don’t forget me Amber!”.

“How I can.”

I was spend my whole semester most with Amber. We share our secret, yeah..secret makes woman woman *. Even though we have hard time to understand each other language, but we can understand even without speak more.

Our friendship is strong, although we are being issued as a lesbian couple. It because we always together. Yeah, people keep talking, they didn’t care about the truth, and they just care about their stuffed. So why are we care about them, Amber told me that. Maybe she always got misunderstands by people, so she was immune by that.

 

***

 

Five days later at cafeteria

We are eating our lunch as well as I start conversation with Amber.

“Amber, you said that your boyfriend are in London right?”,

“Yes, I already told you, he is a post graduate student at Royal college of Music, why?”

“mmm.. can I follow you to London too after this semester, you told me, you will going to London at our semester’s break”.

“I am glad to, but why suddenly?”

“Yeah..Just..”, I scratch my head. “I read on Internet last night, there is a performance that held by Royal College of Music”.

“What performance?”

“Mmmm...Dvořák Cello Concerto”, I bite my lips because I feel nervous she will catch my lie.

“Since when you are attract to Cello?”

“Since last night”

“Don’t kidding me Naeun, tell me your real intention here”, I already caught.

“I tell you the truth”, I make a defense.

“No, you lie to me. If you don’t tell me the truth, I don’t wanna bring you to London”. Amber knows me very well.

“Ahrasso… I will tell you the truth”. “Give me your ear”

“Why you really need doing whisper thing?”

“If you don’t want to, I will not tell you”

“Seriously..”. She rolled her eyes and makes her ear close to me.

After I whisper a sentence, she begin shout.

“WHAT? You are pathetic!”.

“I know…but I can’t resist it, you know all the story right?”

“I feel pity for you, but if that's your choice, I will support you, even if I don’t like it”.

“At least one person has to make an action”. I said as I continue eat my lunch.

 

***

 

Three days before that

I am on the phone with Jongin oppa, after his confession we never talk each other until I met him on my first day as a college student. After that we met frequently, he helped me about college stuffed cause he took same department with me. I think his wound has completely recovered. He said to me, I didn’t have to feel awkward to him. He already forgets about the past.

We talk many stuffed after he was slipped by his word.

“On the last semester break, I was in London, I watch Taemin...aniya…a concert of…Michael Jackson, oh my god, he already passed”. I heard a slap voice. Yeah, Jongin slaps .

“Who oppa?”, If i am not mistaken, I heard that person name.

“No, not important person”

“Taemin, I heard Taemin, oppa”, I heard he sigh.

“You know where he is? As you said, he was in London right?”.

Jongin oppa is silent.

“Answer me oppa”

“I know where he was all the time Naeun, even since two years ago, when he moved to London”

I was silent. I was confused. I don’t know, I feel happy or sad.

“Are... Soo Jung sunbaenim knows too?”

“Yes, she was but…”

“Good to hear that oppa”

“Oh..good to hear? Are you not feeling sad?”

“No, absolutely not, he has a good life there, why I must feel sad”

“Yeah, he really enjoy there, he maybe become a great pianist”. A Pianist? I remember his dream as pianist, like her mother.

“Yeah..”

 After that conversation, I can’t sleep well. I feel anxious, angry, sad, but I hate to admit, I still care with him. After six year, not a single day I didn’t think about him. And today is even worse.

 

***

Two days before that

After a long time I never visit his parent house, today I make it.

“Naeunah… Why you never visit me again?”,

“I am sorry Omonim, all this time, I don't have chace to, but i'm promise i will visit you frequently. This is Kimchi from my mom, we just accept it from my grandmother, her kimchi is Daebak omonim”,

“I know that too, but where is your mom? She usually delivers it by herself”. I purposely did it. Even my mom feels strange about my action. All this time, I always refuse to deliver anything to Taemin’s house. But today I have a mission.  

“Mom said, she has another thing to do omonim”, i said as I follow her to the kitchen. She takes out the kimchi and put in to food storage. After that she takes a little piece, slice it into small pieces and tastes it.

“mmm…delicious, you must try it”, she take another piece and feed me.

“mmm…delicious omonim”, I said as I raised my thumb.

“Let’s we talk a little bit more, it’s been long time you didn’t visit me here”. She makes two glasses of tea and I bring it to backyard.

She always cares to me and my sister too because she don’t have a daughter. She only has two son and they are far away, yeah..far far away.

“I should have a daughter, so in the time like this, I don’t feel lonely”,

“You can call me omonim, if I can, I will accompany you”,

I want to ask about Taemin oppa, but I don’t know how.

“I know what you are thinking Naeunah”, she said as she slurps her tea.

“De…”, I startled.

“There is something happen between you and Taemin right?”

“Aniya.. omonim”, I was getting caught.

“Really?”

“De..”

“If there is something happen too, no matter what I will support you”. She said as she held my hand.

“Ah..De, but why omonim?”

“You are like my own daughter, Naeunah”.

“Thank you omonim”.

We are talk about her love story with her husband. About Taemin oppa’s child story. About piano and many thing. She shows me her picture, Taemin oppa’s picture, her family picture. Six years already passed. I didn’t see him about six years. What kind of looks he is right now?

From Taemin oppa’s mother I know where his University. She purposely tells me that. I don’t know what the story behind, I feel she knows something, but she don’t wanna tells me. I never tell my mom or Saeun about Taemin oppa. Just Amber knows the whole story.

As I about to leave her house, she held my hand and say,

 

“Naeunah...Fate is has been determined by God, but if we want, we can create one and let’s God shows the way”     

 

 

 

 

 

 

if you confuse about the cronologies of the situation, i will explain to you.

1. Amber stayed overnight at Naeun's house

2. Jongin calls Naeun by phone

3. Naeun visit Taemin parent's house

4. Naeun and Amber at cafetaria.

 

and * marks I take from a famous quote by Aoyama Gosho.

 

 

and the moment that your waiting for long time already on next chapter,

please comment about this chapter.

enjoy reading!