Best Friend

Hide It So Long

2014

 

Some people might have experience love at the first sight, but some people might being in love not at his/her first sight but it growing day by day without their realizing. There is a moment they will realize, when you look at her/him not as same as usual. Look at her like a first time, like love at first sight. This relationship is not same as before, because he is change, she is change. This is what you call love with your best friend.   

 

After we leaved St. Paul cathedral, we are cross River Thames by Millennium Bridge.

“This bridge was used for Harry potter movie. Do you know the scene where the bridge is collapse following an attack by Death Eaters?”, I said to her.

“Ah…this is that bridge”.

“From here you can see The Dome of St. Paul Cathedral”, I said to her when we arrived at the center of the bridge and look to the north.

“It’s beautiful”

“Do you want take picture?”

“Yes”, I take out my phone from my pocket and start takes few of shoot.

“Yeah..It’s beautiful”, I said to myself. It’s more beautiful when you are in.

“oppa don’t want to take picture too?”

“I do, but I want it with you”

“Oh..Okay, let’s ask somebody for help”.

I greet a man with camera on his hand. He is taking picture too, but he only takes the scenery.

“Excuse me, can you take us a picture?”, I ask a man for help.

“Okay”, he said that and I give him my phone.

“Ready..One, two, three…chesses!”, he said.

We are standing side by side and make a V-sign pose.

“Can you take another one? Please”, Naeun said to him with her agyo. Why she acted like that in front of him. She never shows her agyo to me.

“Oh..okay Miss beautiful”, he smile to her.

I stare at him, How dare you? But I think he doesn’t look my death stare. I will show you. I place my arms around Naeun waist and make my head closer to her. Our cheeks are almost touching.  I can feel Naeun little shock into my action. I was surprise to myself too, why I am like this?

“Thank you”, Naeun smile as she said that to him.

“He is handsome, right?”, I said that. I am a little sulky.

“De, he has green eyes, sharp nose, and tall”, she said as she walk front with my phone in her hand. She is looking the picture.

 “Need I wear a green lens contact too?”, I am murmured behind her.

“What did oppa say just now?”, she turn back and look at me.

“No”. I shook my head and went beside her.

“What are you looking for?”, I peek at the screen of my phone. My eyes go widely as I remember there is some of picture that she is forbid to see. I take my phone from her hand by forced.

“Why? There is a nasty picture on there?”

“Aniya..”, I walk fast to the end of bridge and leave her behind.

“oppa, wait me”,

It would be the end of me if Naeun see that picture. There is a lot of Naeun picture on my phone, a lot, even in my computer too. Picture from we were elementary school until her recently picture. Even though, I was not around her. Thanks to Kyungsoonie, my mom, to take her picture when she can and I asked Jongin too for help. Am I sound like a stalker?

 

***

 

We take a bus to go to The South Bank. The south bank is places between London Bridge and Tower Bridge.

“I already book the restaurant for our lunch”.

“Really? Where?”.She said as we take off from the Bus.

“We are going to eat our favorites menu”.

“Our favorites menu?...Gogi?”

“yup”, after walk for a while, we arrive at Southbank Grill Restaurant.

“whuaa… I can smell of Gogi”, she said as she enters the restaurant.

“Good afternoon sir, may I help you?” a waiter greets me.

“I booked a table for two people yesterday, under names, Taemin Lee”

“Oh..Okay sir”, he checks his computer and said, “You can follow the waitress sir”, she pointed a woman.

She said, “You can follow me sir”. We reach our table near the window which facing the River Thames.

“This is your menu”,

“What do you like to eat?”, I said to Naeun.

“mmm …Southbank nachos sound good, right? And rib eye steak”

“Okay, we order Southbank nachos one, rib eye steak one, and New York strip loin steak one. For drink, regular coke for two, and two bottle of water”.

“Okay sir, we take the Menu book, and please wait for 15 minutes”

“Is oppa often come here? “

“Not that much, this is my third”

“With who?”

“With my classmates, once, we celebrated my senior’s Cello concert and twice, I had dinner with Rebbeca”.

“Rebecca? Who is Rebecca? Oppa’s girlfriend?”

I smile to her, “No, she is my partner in end semester exam, we must to do performance together, I was playing Piano and she was playing Violin”

“mm..gure, she must be beautiful”

“De, she has green eyes…sharp nose… and tall”, I smile to her and look into her eyes. She avoids my eyes.

“Why are you avoiding my eyes?”

“Aniya…by the way, I want to see you playing piano”, she change the topic, and she is mastered of it.

“You already saw me played piano”

“Where? That night? When you are drunk?”

“Even if I was drunk, I was still doing good, right?”

“Ani”, how can I concentrate on your play, I was so busy to look at you, in Naeun mind.

“Ahrasso”, I look around and find a Piano. I stand up and ask a waiter for permission.

“What are you doing oppa?”, I smile to her and start to play.

I play just with chord, too obvious and embarrassing if I sing the song too.

“What is the song oppa?”, she asked me when I reach my sit.

“Best Friend by Jason Chen”

“mmm…Best friend”, she slightly look down.

“Why?”

“Am I still looking as best friend for you?”, she said as she is looking into my eyes.

 

 

 

I paused. How I will answer that question?

 

 

 

Short chapter guys..yeah..

I placed two video, one with just Piano chord, one with the lyrics, you can understand the meaning of that song.

 

please comment about this chapter^^