Hates and Miss

Hide It So Long

2014

 

At Verdi, London

 

“Long time no see Taemin oppa”

 

I can’t believe I’m able to say those words in front of him. Amber might be disappointed with me, she really want me doing a tragic scene, like slaps his cheek or curse him. But as soon as I saw his face, my heart becomes weak.

Taemin oppa sits beside me silently, we both stare blankly. I can see Amber and Henry might feel awkward with us.

“So, you knows Naeun before right?”, Henry said to Taemin oppa like he doesn’t know anything.

“De..”, Taemin oppa said with soft tone voice.

“mmm…I saw you last night here”,

“Oh…”, Taemin oppa startled and look at Amber

“Yeah…you played the piano right? And you were drunk”, Amber said as she slurp her drink.

In Taemin mind, so last night I weren’t dream, I really saw Naeun.

“You don’t remember?”, Amber asked him again.

“De…”,

They are silent again.

Amber poke Henry waist as a signal to talk more but he mouthed he doesn’t know to ask what. And after that she hits my legs. “Ouch..!”, I shout and makes Taemin oppa turn his head and look at me.

“Are you alright?”, that’s the first word of Taemin oppa said to me after six years.

“De…”. Actually I am not alright. Can you ask something oppa, a better question such, how are you maybe?”

“mmm.. when you arrived at London?”, he said but he don’t look at me, he just stare his empty glass.

“Two days ago”

“mmm..How are you?”, he look at me as he said this question.

“I am fine”, I said as I look at him.

“When you back to Seoul?”, what? I am just three days here oppa, but you wants me back to Seoul soon.

“Maybe in two weeks, or maybe faster than that”, I said that and he stares back his empty glass again.

We are silent again until a waiter calls him. “Francesco, you are on duty today, right?”

“Yes,”.

“I am sorry, I have worked to do”,

But as he wants to go, he said to me “it’s nice to see you again Naeun, hope you can enjoy your holiday here”. Just it? Are you kidding me oppa.

Amber and Henry stare me and Taemin oppa with confusing face.

I just murmured a word, and smirk “he even don’t care I am here”. I leave the restaurant. Amber follows me behind.

 

***

 

I go to staff room and change my outfit. As I about to go out, Henry hyung open the door and look at me with serious face.

“We need to talk”

“There is nothing to talk hyung”

“This is your problem, you have to fix it”

“I can’t see any problem here hyung”

“Maybe your eyes already blind Taemin, you cannot see Naeun comes to London just want to see you”

I shock. I am hard to believe it.

“Don’t lie hyung, Naeun really hates me, she maybe don’t want to see me”

“Yeah..After you did just now, maybe she really hates you. hmm..okay.. I think you must fix your brain first before you meet Naeun again, if.. if she wants to meet you again. And please consider her feeling whose already travel from Seoul to here in order just to see you. Give her a proper greeting and a proper answer”.

Henry hyung leaves me.

I still cannot understand, after I did to her she still love me. I feel better if she hate me or slap my face. But she was smile at me. That’s scare me more.

 

***

 

After I leave the restaurant, I just walk aimlessly. I can see Amber just follow me behind. She purposely stays a little far from me just to give me a more space alone.

I love him, but he said he was leaving. I already wait him, but he said he can’t see me anymore. Like stupid person, I always cry for him

I am stopping walking and look behind. I am looking Amber face with my teary eyes. She run to me and give me a hug.

“It’s okay dear, at least you already trying”

“Am I doing something wrong? Why he like that to me?”

“No, you don’t do wrong. Maybe he just confuse, after six years he didn’t see you, and…”

“He hates me, Amber. He hates me”, I said as I am crying hard in her shoulder.

After cried for a while, Amber brings me to Ice cream restaurant. Amber said, “Eat something sweet maybe can help your bitter life”.

At first I don’t want to eat anything, but Amber forces me. She feeds me too. Yeah it can help me a little bit. She brings me travel around. She takes me to arcade games for release my stress there. I think I punched many time that machine and I reach the high score, anger helps me. We hang out until dark.

As we reach Amber’s house, I see a familiar figure who waiting there. He is facing his back on the wall with the same pose and same action. He always plays his right foot like that, slowly hits the ground and his hands always in his pocket. I can’t believe I am able see him like this after six years.

I think he already notice our presence here, he turn his face and look at me.

He said “Can we talk again Naeun?”

***

 

I can’t concentrate doing anything today. I keep doing wrong playing some notes. The restaurant’s Manager tells me, I need rest for today. He said my body is here but my mind everywhere. After that I decide to back to dorm.

After reach my dorm, I lay my body on the bed. Stare the ceiling blankly. The truth is, I was really shocked to find Naeun already in London. I never thought she will do this.

Give her a proper greeting and proper answer

I want to do that hyung, but when I see her today, she seems happy. I thought she already forget me. I don’t wanna see her hurt anymore. If she looked me, like she did on last night, she will cry, it will recall the pain moment that I gave to her. I am afraid, afraid to hurt her more.

Be a man, if you want her, grab her. If you don’t, tell her.

Should I say I want her?

should i say I miss her?

should i say I love her?

 

***

At in front of Amber’s house

I wait her for hours in front of Amber’s house. I knew her house from Henry hyung. And He gave me suggestion,”listen what she wants to say. Answer what she want to know. This is the best thing you can do”.

I hear footsteps sound coming closer to me. I see her. Her eyes are swollen. I made her crying again.

When she about to enter the house, I stop her and said, “Can we talk again Naeun?”.

She just stare me. Amber leaves us alone.

“There is nothing to talk about oppa”, she said that as she open the gate.

With just her back facing me, 

 

 

I feel my heart has stop beating as I said

 

 

 

 

 

“I miss you”,

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gaahhh...I cut it in perfect moment right? *devil smile hehehe

what are you opinion? is she will accept him? or Naeun slaps him?or.... you can fill the blank by your own.

 

I think it will be long chapter, but i guess not, mian, hehe

 

please share your thought about this chapter

HAPPY READING!