Second Chance

Hide It So Long

2014

At in front of Amber’s House

 

See, that’s the thing about second chances. It’s two people that are there for each other and support each other and care about each other no matter how much they want to deny it. It’s about one person doing everything they can to make sure the other doesn’t fall and vice-versa. Second chances are about holding on to that other persons hand no matter how hard they beg to let go - Jacqueline Kelly

 

“I miss you”

I feel my heart stop beating after I said that.

She still facing me with her back, I can see her trembling shoulder with crying sound. I close my eyes and look to the ground. I hurt her again.

But as surprise she is facing me with smile on her face. That’s really beautiful smile. Why? Is she happy after I say that but why her tears not stop falling down? She opens her bag and takes some tissue. She wipes her tears. Why she doesn’t respond back? She just stares me. Ya! Son Naeun, can you stop staring me? It makes me more nervous.

“Why it takes so long for you to say that?”, she said that, am I misheard something?

“Oh”, I am really shocked.

She walks approach me, pause a second, look deeply into my eyes and hugs me, tightly. She cries again on my shoulder.

I am sure my heart out of its place after she said, “I miss you too”.

I can’t describe my feeling right now. One side I feel relieve, but the other side I still confuse. Is she forgives me after all I did to her? Why?

“Naeunah, please stop crying”

“I think I can’t stop crying”, she said as she hugs me more tightly.

“I am sorry”

“For what?”

“For everything”,  I said as I caress her hair and lay my head in the crook of her neck.

We hug like this at least more than 15 minutes. We don’t want separate each other. Until..

“Naeunah..”, Amber shout and come out from the gate. Yeah..Amber comes and ruins the scene.

“Oops, sorry”, Amber said and we immediately release each other and acted like getting caught.

“It’s okay, you can continue what you did”, she said as she leaves us back to house. We just smile.

“You need rest, it’s already night”, I said that. Actually I want to spend more time with her.

“Are you really missing me? Why you keep pushing me away?”, she slightly pout. She really cute acted like this.

“Aniya, you need rest. I will come here next morning”.

“Really? Promise?”

“Call!”. We make pinky finger promise.

I smile to her and stare her long.

“Why you looking me like that?”

“Hard to believe you are in front of me now and hold your hand like this”, I held her hand tightly. “Am I dreaming right now?”.

“Ouch!”, She pinched my cheek .

“What are you doing?”, I said as I caress my cheek.

“To assure you don’t dreaming”,

“You can assure that with the other thing”

“With what?”

“Aniya..”, I just give my smile to her. I can’t tell her what is on my mind. It’s embarrassing

“Why? Can you tell me?”

“Go back to the house, you need rest”, I said that as I pushed her to the gate.

“Ahrasso…see you next morning oppa”

“Sleep well”

How I can say I want to kiss her. I am going back to the dorm with brighter smile.

 

***

 

“uuuu….congratulation!”, Amber said after I reach my room.

I smile to her, “but it is not confirm anything”.

“Why? What did he said?”.

I can’t stop smiling after I said these words, “I miss you”. How can I resist myself after he said that words. “And we will meet tomorrow too”.

“Eerrr…it gives me goose bum but you don’t feel angry to him? He leaved you for years and you just melt by ‘I miss you’?”,

“I feel angry too, sad, anxious. And afraid..”, I sigh. “I am angry because he leaved me, sad because he never contact me, anxious because he was standing in front of me and afraid…I am afraid he will leave me again. Am I love him so much?”.

I smile to her but I began stare blankly.

“Hey, is it already case close? Why are you still gloomy?” 

“I don’t know, I still…mmm..”

“Confuse?”

“De…”. Why it takes so long for him to say that to me? All this time, I thought just only me feel this feeling. But I am not sure, is he just looks me as his best friend?

“Don’t let confusing feeling ruin your happy day, take it slowly dear”

“Yeah…”

“I am happy for you”

“Thank you, without your help, I think..”

“ssstt…I didn’t do anything, it’s happen because you trying, he is trying, and God shows His way”

“You alright”

“You better take a bath and sleep. You don’t want him look your Panda eyes tommorrow, right?”

“De..”, but I think I can’t sleep tonight.

 

***

 

“Wakeup taeminah!”,

“ngg..I only sleep two hours hyung”, I pulled the blanket to cover my head.

“Ya! Naeun ssi is here!”,

I immediately wake up and look around. “Oh…where?”,

“Just kidding”, he said as he did mehrong pose.

“Ah…Jinjja”, I lay on my bed again.

“Why you look disappointed? Amber tells me there is something happen last night”

“I don’t want to tell you”

“Why? I have a big role in your love story. You can’t meet Son Naeun if Amber isn’t my girlfriend”

“So, I will say thank you to Amber for being your girlfriend”.

“What? What are you say just now?”, he said as he beat me.

“Hahaha…Aniya hyung, Thank you hyung. I will treat you next time”

“You should. Anyway why you don’t take a bath and prepare for your date with Naeun ssi? You have appointment with her this morning right?”

“Why do you know about this?”

“There is nothing I don’t know”, I rolled my eyes and go to bathroom.

After that night, I feel more anxious than last day. It’s because I am afraid to hurt her again. I must do better now.

 

***

 

She is really beautiful today. She is wearing white knee-dress with black polka dots pattern and matched it with dark blue sweater. I smile to her.

“We have couple look”, I am wearing black jeans with dark blue sweater.

“We are not a couple oppa, I think I need change this sweater”

“Why? It’s nice, pretty”

“What’s pretty?”

“That’s sweater”, I smile to her. I can see she slightly pouted. It’s nice to like this again.

“gure... Why you don’t take this sweater and have a date with it”

“I’d rather have a date with the owner of this sweater”

I can see her smile but still shy and said, “Who told you we have a date?”

“So, why am I here?”

“Oppa can be as my tour guide”

“Tour guide?”

“De!”

“Ahrasso, where are we going to Miss Son?”

“Whenever you want”

There is one place that I want to go first with her. We are going by subway train.

“Where are we going to?”, she said as we turn off from the train.

“You will see”

We arrived at St. Paul Cathedral. We enter the cathedral from the Nave, which is the long central section of the cathedral that leads to the dome.  

“People come here to sightseeing or praying, there is many event held in here, unfortunately, today there is no event”

“whuaa..Beautiful, the paint on the dome is beautiful, are they painting in monochrome?”

”I don’t know, you are the one who love art”

“How do you know?”

 “There is nothing I don’t know about you”, except your heart and your mind.

We find place to pray and we knee on the kneelers, close our eyes and pray.

“God, thank you for giving you bless to me, and give me a chance to meet her again”, I pray

After prying we leave the church and make sign of the cross

“What did you say to Him?”, I said to her.

“Secret”,

 

 

 

“God, thank you for giving your bless to me, and give me a chance to meet him again”, Naeun’s pray

 

 

 

 

Sorry guys for not update tommorrow, yesterday I was so gloomy, hard to gather my mood.

 

Please comment about this chapter^^