A Girl Who Can’t Leave

Hide It So Long

2014

At Dongguk University

I run as fast as possible after I manage get off from the train. I ran trough Chungmuro station until I see the entrance of Dongguk University. This is my first day as a college student and I don’t want be late. I can’t sleep well last night cause I feel nervous. Eunji unni called me last night, try to comforting me. 

“You don’t have to nervous Naeunah”, I heard she said that in Busan accent

“But I still unnie, it’s been a long time I never got too much attention from people”.  Yeah, it’s stop when I and Taemin oppa not a friend anymore. After that night, the biggest fight ever, we didn’t greet and stay away from each other. Even though our home close, we barely interaction and we just passed each other.  It becomes real separation until Taemin oppa went to high school. He moved out from his house and stayed independently.

“Ya.. being a number one at entrance exam not a big deal Naeunah, everybody can, who knows you are the one”, Eunji unnie keep comforting me.

“De unnie”.

“It’s already 11 p.m, you better sleep, you don’t want to be late right?”.

“De..See you tomorrow”

“See you too”.

 I am glad I have girl friend now. We met in high school. She was my sunbaenim in Art club. Since Taemin oppa leaved, my social life becoming better, I have many friend especially girl, many good thing happen. And the bad things too, I never saw his smile, his touch, his nag, his lame joke, and his sleeping voice in the bus anymore. Sometimes I missed that moment, but sometime I feel angry too. Why he decide to walk away from my life?

 

***

 

I reach my class on Theater department and sit near the window. Gratefully I don’t late. One by one student come and filled the class. I just sit and look around, find anybody that I know. Sigh..i don’t know anybody, until somebody approach me and introduce herself to me.

“Hay, I’m Amber, an exchange student, what’s your name?” . I looked her/him from head to toe.  I don’t know what gender she/he is. “And for your information, I am a girl”. She talks in English.

“Ah..”. I nodded. “I am sorry”. I give my respond in English too.

“You just said your name is Sorry?”.

“No, I mean.. My name is Naeun Son. You can call me Naeun”.

“haha.. You don’t have to sorry. I used to get that kind of look from every one”. “Are fluent with English?”

“No..Not that much”.

“Mm..Can I sit beside you?”

“Yes, of course”, I take my bag from the chair and offer her to sit. Not too long after that, a lecturer comes to class and started the lesson.  

 

***

 

"It’s no problem with you sometimes I talk in English? It’s not too long I stayed in Korea, so my Korean Language not good”. Amber talk to me as we going to canteen area.

“No problem”, I smile to her as I linking my arm to her.

We take our food and find a table to eat and I start the conversation, “so, why you choose Korea instead of the other country?”

“I’ve been traveled around the world since I was a little, but I never come to Korea, since my current university has an exchange program student, so I grabbed it”.

“How long you will stay in here?”

“Around 1 year”

“Don’t you miss your parent?”

“Of course I do, but after this summer I will go there”

While we exchange some talk a guy interrupted our conversation.

“Son Naeun! Long time no see. I thought I never see you again”. He is Jongin oppa. I never saw him again since he went to high school.

I stood up, ”de.. oppa long time no see. How are you?”.

“Of course I am fine and I am much fine after I see you here”, He smile brightly.

“O..De”, why he makes me feels awkward.

“The number one girl on entrance exam it’s you right? I think another Son Naeun, I didn’t think she is Son Naeun that I used to know”. He put me in awkward position again.

“You don’t have to say that oppa”, I smile bitterly

“eheemm..”, Amber makes a fake cough.

Jongin turn his head to Amber and said, “who is that boy?”, he speaks to me.

“She is a girl oppa. Her name is Amber, my classmate”.  Immediately I explain to him. “And this is Jongin oppa, my Junior High School sunbae”. I said as I introduce him to Amber .

“Ahh..sorry, your look kind a..”. Jongin oppa as to finish his sentence, Amber interrupted and said, “You don’t have to sorry, I am okay.”

“oo, great..”. “but  Naeunah, I am about to go, let’s meet often, nice to see you again”

“De.. Oppa, nice to see you again”

As he walks away a few steps, I run to him and stopped him by pulled his shirt.

“oppa”

He turns his head and look at me. “What’s matter?”

“mmm..Did you hear any news about Taemin oppa? I mean, is he contacts you lately?”. I bite my lips and look at his eyes.

“No, why? Don’t you know better him instead of me? You live near from his parent house right?”

“Yes, that’s true, but I rarely visit his house”. The truth is, I don’t want to visit his parent house. I looked down and silent.

“Is anything else you want to ask me?”

“Ah..No oppa,”

“Can I leave now?”,  Jongin oppa smiles at me.

“Oh..De oppa, see you again”.  I turn back to my table.

I found Amber look seriously at my face. “There is something wrong? Why you look so gloomy?”, Amber check my face with stare it intensely.

I sigh, “No, I am just being stupid”.

“what?”,

“Aniya…let’s continue eat”

Why I still care to him? Why you make me wait like this Taemin oppa?

 

 

 

But Naeun doesn’t know Jongin stares her back, and say

 

I am sorry Naeun, I lie

 

 

 

 

 

 

(when they are reunite again authornim?) maybe that's question already in your head.

i have a plan for this, but i still need more idea

 

 

please comment about this chapter^^