The Meeting

Hide It So Long

2014

 

Late night At London Heathrow Airport

After 11 hours flight nonstop, we arrive at London.

“Welcome to London Naeun”, Amber said to me. I can see she is really happy. Its feel she is back to her home. Different from me, I feel nervous. I still asking to myself, am I made a right decision to come here? Am I looked like a hopeless person?

Amber might see my anxious expression. She comforts me by said, “You don’t have to worry Naeun, even if your hope doesn’t turn well, you can take this as your holiday, I will accompany you, you are not alone here dear”.

I smile to her. She always supports me.

“Where is the Mr. Right ?”

Amber scanned people at Airport, she takes her phone and dialing a number, but before she makes a call, someone has run to her with open arm.

“Sweetie!”, he hugs Amber, and she is hanging into him.

“Welcome to London and I miss you” , he immediately give a kiss to her. Amber chuckled. Yeah..I see an airport romantic drama scene.

“I miss you too, but..”, she release from the hug and turn behind as she look at me.

“I thought you already forget me”, I frown.

“Of course not. Babe, she is Naeun, Son Naeun, my best friend from Korea”, she introduces me to him. I slightly bow to him.

In Henry mind, I think I have been seen her before, but where?

“And he is Henry, my Baby”, I curled my finger because I can’t take her cheesy line.  

“I am sorry Naeun ssi, she always like this”, Henry said as he messed up Amber hair.

“We better go to home right now, we are tired”, Amber said as we walk to parking lot.

I stay in Amber ‘s house during I live in London. After I greet Amber’s parent, she shows me my room, it’s on second floor, next to her room. I open my luggage and take out some clothes, towel, and shower kit. After I take a bath, I laid my body to bed. I stare at ceiling of my room, hope everything will turn well.

 

***

 

In the Morning

Amber said to me, after breakfast she will accompany me to the Royal College, but he want to talk Henry first for helping. It’s better if we going there with Henry since he studies there too.

But I refused.

“You already travel 11 hours, but you said you are not ready to see him?”, Amber stares me as she don’t believe.

“Yeah..I need time to calm my heart first”. The truth is, I just don’t know what to do if I meet him.

“Okay, if it’s that you want. So, what is our schedule today?”

“mmm…I want to travel around London, sightseeing, eat delicious food, and buy a few stuffed”

“You already planned this, right?”

“As you said, take this as holiday”

“Ahrasso princess, first as tourist you must visit this place”

“where?”

 

***

 

We arrive at Trafalgar square. Amber told me this place is most visited by tourist because of its history. It located at the heart of London. It has Nelson’s column at the center with four lion statues guarding in. There is a huge circular plaza surrounded by roadways and the National Gallery.

There is infamous statue that tourist want to take picture with, lion statue.  Amber takes me a picture with one of the lion. I want to climb that lion, but she told me don’t. It is dangerous. She is protective as always.

We walk around and play with feral pigeons. There are many pigeons in there, but Amber told me, at the past the numbers of pigeons are more than now and feed the pigeon are forbidden.

As we tour around, we feel hungry. We are going to restaurant nearby.  We eat our lunch at Garfunkel’s Cockspur Street, a British restaurant

Amber take a order for us, “We’d like to fish n’ chips one, spaghetti Bolognese one, regular drink for two, and..”

I said, “Salad…”.

“You can take your salad at salad bar miss”, the waitress said that.

“Okay, just it”, Amber said as she closed the Menu book.

“You will wait about 5 minute miss”.

while we waiting our food to come. Amber asked the question that I don’t know the answer.

“What’s your plan when you meet that person?”.

“I don’t know”, I shook my head. “I don’t know what I am going to tell to him”.

“You can tell, YA, Lee Taemin you *ole! A coward!”

“Ya! how can I say that in front of him?”

“As you don’t know, you said that every time you drunk”.

“I must drunk first and after that going to meet him? You’re kidding me”

“Or you will say, I love you oppa, please don’t leave me anymore”

“Ya! I am not that pathetic”

“why you are here, why you choose to meet him at first place?”

“I just……”, a tear fall down from my eyes.

“Naeunah..I am sorry, I don’t mean it”, Amber said as she grab a piece of tissue and wipe my tears.

“It’s okay . I don’t know I will have courage if I stand in front of him, but I just want to confirm my feeling to him, and his feeling. But every time I think about it every time I doubt I can to do that”.

“You can do that”

We finish our lunch and we go to shopping to the plaza nearby. We buy many stuffed.

 

***

 

Without our realizing, London becomes darker. Amber told me to go to dinner first before we’re going to home.

We enter the restaurant and order some food. Since it’s already night, there is little visitor in this restaurant and there is a live music plays on in.

“The restaurant is nice right?”

“Yeah, it’s near to Henry’s College”

“What?”, I don’t know why suddenly I feel nervous.

“Ya..How can you think you will meet Taemin on here? London is big Naeunah. You don’t have to feel nervous”. Yeah..It’s not funny if I coincidence meet him here.

Our food has arrived, we eat earnestly.

 

 

“It’s feel more romantic right, the pianist play a romantic song, mmhh.. It would be nice if Henry is in front of me”.

I stopped eat and scold her, “ya..May I go home right now?”

“haha…aniya Naeunah, I am sorry. I just miss him”.

"aisshh..ahrasso", I said as I stood up.

"where are you going?"

"to the toilet"

 

There is a moment that I have been waited for years, but I hate to face it. The moment when all the emotion mix in one, angry, sad, longing, and missing.

How can you think you will meet Taemin on here? London is big Naeunah

Amber, it’s not big enough for Taemin and me

I just stare him which played piano diligently. Even we don’t meet for six years. I still know those eyes. That’s nose, and those lips. He is more handsome now. He is not skinny like six years ago, I can see arm muscle behind his shirt. My eyesight a little bit blurry because tears already fill it. But I am sure it’s him. He looks at me, give me a long stare with a biggest smile. I never forget that smile, only Lee Taemin has it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

hmm...I feel nervous when I write the last part, am I too immersed into Naeun character? hehehe...

 

 

please comment about this chapter^^