Chapter 8

This Year

It was the 30th of October. Mr. Park announced that our class was going to host a Halloween party for the rest of middle school. He wrote down the separate jobs or games that we had to do on the board. He wrote: Halloween plays, DJ- guess the Halloween or random songs, and other Halloween games.

Nothing really interested me, so I decided to go in the same group as Eunhae and Minjoo.

They decided to go with the DJ- guess the Halloween or random song thing. When Mr. Park asked who wanted to do that, the three of us raised our hands, and so did Jung kook, Taehyung, and some other classmates.

On the 31st of October, also known as Halloween, the first thing we did that day was make plans on what should be done during the party. This school always does things in last minute, so we had to be prepared no matter what.

The DJ group met up near our desks and used Mr.Park’s laptop to choose songs.

“Counting Stars!” Eunhae yelled, saying that she wanted that to be one of the songs in the playlists.

Jungkook and Eunhae were in charge of picking the songs and putting them in the playlists.

Minjoo, Taehyung, and I were in charge of dividing the candies equally among the people who guessed the songs correctly.

The other people were either cutting papers for the other students to write down their answers of the songs to, or just playing around.

When Minjoo, Taehyung and I were done, we didn’t know what to do.

Minjoo was digging through my pencil bag and found a red pen. She drew on her arm whenever she was bored or tired. So she started to draw on her arm. She showed me the flower she drew, and I noticed something. The red looked like blood on her skin.  The devil inside of me took over.

I grabbed her arm and the pen, surprising her.

“Yah! Park Minah! What are you doing?!” She yelled. I looked at her evily.

“You’re gonna like this!” I yelled back at her.

I started to draw stitches on her. When I finished, I smeared it a little to make it look like it was done a long time ago. Since the red was a dark shade, it looked like it left a scar.

It looked so real! I smiled at my master piece and started to draw stitches all over her arm. We laughed together as she grabbed another red pen and drew all over my arm.

When we were both covered in stitches, we looked around bored again.

Then, we saw Taehyung who was dozing off, not paying attention to anything. We looked at each other at the same time, and smiled evilly. We then looked at him again, and grabbed our red pens and inched closer to him.

Taehyung’s POV.

I was feeling bored. I wanted to talk to Minah, but she was too busy drawing something on Minjoo’s arm.

So without knowing, my eyes fluttered closed. 

My eyes opened to the sound of something gliding through my arm and some girls laughing.

I opened my eyes wider and saw Minah writing something on my right arm, and Minjoo doing the same on my left arm. I got scared by their evil laughing. They were laughing so hard for a reason I don’t know.

“Uhm…What are you doing?!” I said, standing up and looking at my arm.

“Yah! You messed it up!” Minah screamed as she grabbed my arm and pulling me to sit back down.

I looked closer to what she was drawing. It scared me for a second. It was… freaking stitches. There was also a shade of red that they added that made it look like I was bleeding.  I looked at them.

They were laughing their heads off.

“Yah! What did you do to my arm?!” I screamed.

“ Hehe! You look scary!” Minah yelled while running away with Minjoo.

I chased after them and grabbed Minah’s arm.

She escaped from my grasp and started to run away again. I looked at her then to my arm. The stitches and effects they did were pretty cool. So I just let it go and sat back down at my seat.

Soon later, the girls found out that I wasn’t chasing them anymore, so they sat back down at their seats near me.