Chapter 18

This Year

 

 

 

Taehyung POV

“Yah! Minah! Car! Watch out!” I yelled as I saw a car coming right in front of her. I ran towards her, but it was too late.

The car had hit her.

“Minah! Minah! Wake up! Don’t die!” I yelled with tears streaming down my face. I immediately grabbed her body, which was lying on the cold hard street and carried her and ran towards a hospital that was luckily nearby.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­_____________________________________________________________________________________

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­“Doctor! Someone call the doctor!” I yelled once I got to the hospital, tears still filling my eyes. Immediately, a few nurses ran out and brought a stretcher. I put her down gently on the stretcher and looked at her with worry. I followed the doctors and nurses to the emergency room.

“I’m sorry sir. You can’t step in here.” A nurse said as she closed the door, preventing me from going inside.

I sighed. I sat on a chair; waiting for news of this is my entire fault. I felt ashamed. The girl I love got hurt because of me. I don’t deserve her. If I just said okay and given her my sweatshirt, this wouldn’t have happened. It’s my entire fault…. I’m the one to blame…

Just then, I heard the door open. I looked up and saw a doctor coming out, taking his mask off.

“How is she? Is she alive? She didn’t die, did she?!” I panicked and asked the doctor.  The doctor just laughed. My brows furrowed.  I grabbed his collar.

“Why are you laughing?! This is no laughing matter! IS SHE ALRIGHT OR NOT?!” I yelled at him.

 “Oh… Sorry sir. She’s fine. It was just a minor injury. She didn’t lose much blood at all. She will be awake in an half an hour or so. Would you like to go to her room?” The Doctor said. I released my grip from his collar.

“Yea. Sure.” I sighed in relief as the doctor straightened out his clothes and followed as he headed towards a room.

“Here we are.” He said and pointed to a room. “Room 520.” He said.

“Thankyou… and sorry about before…” I apologized.

“It’s alright. Is she your girlfriend?” The doctor asked.

“No…But I like her… But I don’t think I deserve her. After all this.” I said honestly. He patted my shoulders.

“Don’t worry about a thing. I’m sure she loves you too. You did no harm to her. She’s fine. Don’t say you don’t deserve her. She’s lucky to have someone like you to be by her side.” The doctor said. “I’m Doctor Jung, by the way.”

“Thanks. Nice to meet you Doctor Jung. I’m Taehyung.” I said politely and bowed.

“Nice to meet you too, Taehyung.” Doctor Jung said, “Now go in. I’m sure she would love your company.” He said and pushed me in the room.

I smiled at him and walked towards Minah’s sleeping body as he left.