Chapter 19

This Year

Taehyung POV

I walked towards Minah’s sleeping body. I collapsed on the chair besides the bed and studied her face. Then, I took a hold of her hand.

I kissed her hands gently.

“Minah. Please wake up. I’m sorry! I’ll give you that sweatshirt! I’ll give you all my sweatshirts! No…all my sweatshirts and jackets… and my shirts… no, my whole closet! Just please wake up! It’s hard to see the girl I like lying in a hospital because of me. Please just wake up! I’ll give you everything!” I yelled with tears spilling out of my eyes.

I was about to let go of her hand to get some water, but I realized there was a grip on my hand. I looked at Minah.

“Are you…really going to give me your whole closet?” She asked

“….Minah! You’re awake! Let me get the doctor!” I said as I gave her a hug and ran out the door.

 

 

“You’re good. You can leave the hospital in an hour, but you will have to rest more than usual, alright? You might feel that your body is soaring and might ache, so take these pain killers and drink lots of water.” Doctor Jung said. “You have a really nice boyfriend. He was so worried about you. He’s definitely a keeper.” He said as he smiled and left the room.

“So, Taehyung. Are you really going to give me your whole closet?” She asked with a smirk.

“Of course! That’s what I said, didn’t I” I said.


“Really?! Ooh! I want that shirt! Gimmie!” She yelled as she pointed to the shirt I was wearing right now.

“Yah!” I yelled quietly.  She giggled.

“Just kidding! But your closet is MINE! YAY!” She cheered.

“Here. Drink some water.” I said, bringing a cup of water to .

“Thanks. By the way, I heard what you said to the doctor earlier. And what he replied.” She said.  

“What?!  We didn’t really talk about anything though!” I defended.

“Oh…I see.. So I’m not anything, huh?” She asked.

“No! That’s not what I meant!” said.

“Haha. Oppa.” She said. It was the first time she called me Oppa. I looked at her.

“The doctor was right. I actually do love you too.” She said quietly as she looked away shyly.  I looked at her.  “Don’t say that you don’t deserve me. If anything, I’m the one who doesn’t deserve you.” She said. I hugged her.

“No. We both deserve each other then. It’s even now. Okay?!” I said and kissed her forehead.

“Okay.” She said.

“Yah! Call me Oppa! I’m older than you anyways!” I said and ruffled her hair.

“No you’re not! I never called you oppa and never will!” She yelled as she stuck her tongue out.

“Yes you did! I was born on December 30.” I said.

“No I didn’t! My birthday was on September 6!” She said.  … I missed her birthday.

“I was born a year earlier. Because I wasa born on December, I had to start Kindergarten late. That’s why I’m in the same class and grade as you.”I argued.
“So I’m older. Now call me Oppa or I’ll kiss you!” I said as I tickled her side.

“No! Stop! O-oppa! Stop it!” She yelled.

“That’s right. I’m your Oppa.” I said, giving her a kiss.

“Yah! That’s not fair!” She yelled and hit my shoulder. I gave her the look.

“Oppa.” She said. I smiled and kissed her again, earning another slap on the shoulder.

“So we’re together now? We’re dating right?” I asked, closing my eyes and hoping for the answer I want to hear.

“I don’t know… Let me go through my list of things in my ideal type and compare it to you first. “She teased.

“Yah! I’m older and mature! I’m tall, smart, hot, I can’t cook that well, but I’m doing my best and learning, I just protected you from those jerks earlier, I’m hotter than whoever Mark is, and I treat you well, and …what do you mean by ‘can stand me’ but I CAN and am 100% sure that I can stand you.  Plus, you just said earlier that you loved me too.” I said.

“No. Mark Oppa is handsomer than you.” She teased.

“Yah!” I said.

“So you’re mine, right?” I asked.

“No. I belong to no one but myself.” She answered.

“Let me rephrase that. You’re my girl friend and we’re together, RIGHT?!” I asked.

“Uhm….” She started.