Chapter 16

This Year

Taehyung POV

 

I shouldn’t have kissed her. She might think I’m crazy or something because I just yelled at her, then kissed her out of nowhere.

 

This totally ruined the ‘date’ but I want to kiss her again. I don’t think I will ever forget the feeling of her lips on mine.

 

“Tae-Taehyung… what was that about?” She asked, shuttering.

 

“I-I don’t know. It just… I don’t know.” I answered, avoiding eye contact, also looking at the ground. She then walked away without a word. Yep. I’m screwed. She’s going to act like we don’t know each other at school. We’re going to be awkward. I’m screwed.

 

I looked up at the sky and regretted my actions. I should have controlled myself. But I just HAD to kiss her. I ruffled my hair and walked towards where she was walking. I found her sitting alone at a bench near the park. I sat down next to her.

 

I think it’s time. As much as I wanted to avoid it, I had to do it. If not, it would ruin our friendship. It would be better if she rejects me than to ignore me as if I never existed in her life anyways.

 

“Minah.” I started. I saw her turn around quicky and looked at me, as if I startled her.

 

“huh?” She said. I took a deep breath.

 

“I… like you. I really like you. No…. I love you…. I … have always liked you since the first day of school. I’ve been a coward and tried to hide my feelings towards you, but now I have to let it out. Honestly, when I saw you getting dragged by the men earlier, it got me really scared. I thought that you would get hurt… so I ran in to save you. Out of nowhere, I just called myself your boyfriend. I know I said I was just joking, but… I really want to be your boyfriend. Whenever I’m around you, my stomach starts to do weird flips and my heart won’t stop beating fast. And how could the girl I love call herself a burden right in front of my face?! It just... Hurts my heart to hear you say those words.  I was never good at expressing myself.  But I truly love you. I know I said too much, but will you accept my feelings and be my girlfriend?” I asked, in one breath, hoping she would say yes. My ice cold image shattered as I was pleading thegirl I love to go out with me.  I closed my eyes, anticipating an answer.

 

“Uhm… Taehyung… I’m confused though. Can you… give me some time to think about this? I promise I’ll give you an answer by Monday…. Please?” She said with pleading eyes.  I opened my eyes at the sound of her voice.

 

“Yeah… Of course…. But. I’m not taking no for an answer.” I said. I gave her a little smile. She smiled back.

 

“Thanks, Taehyung.” She said. I love the way my name sounds in . Usually, I wouldn’t like it when people called me Taehyung, but it was different with her.  I really loved the way she said my name.

 

“Let’s eat.” I said, opening a bag of chips and throwing the contents in my mouth without thinking.

 

“Okay.” She said as she opened the plastic and took the bread out of the wrapper and drank her milk.

 

I kept stuffing food into my mouth, and soon,  I had too much food in my mouth, so I started to choke.  Minah put her bread down and patted my back.

 

“Eat slowly! And why did you buy all these junk foods?! It is so unhealthy!” She nagged. I smiled as she handed me her milk carton. I drank out of it and thought to myself ‘indirect kiss’ as I smiled to myself. I love the way she nags at me, showing that she at least cares a bit for me.

 

I smiled to myself while looking at her concerned face.

 



Last update of today. Leaving LA tomorrow.