Chapter 22

This Year

Taehyung POV 

As I walked into the hallways behind Minah, I saw the figure of the man I was going to face soon,  sitting on the couch and reading a newspaper.

...Mr.Park. My girlfriend’s dad. My love’s dad… Minah’s dad…..

‘Okay, be cool Taehyung. You only get one shot at this. Do this...for you…and for her .’  I thought. I reassured myself, inaudible for anyone else to hear.

Minah turned around, giving me a reassuring smile as I came face to face with Mr. Park. Her smile helped me relax for a second.

“Who are you?” He asked in a stern voice.”

"H-h-hello Mr.Park. I'm Taehyung, Minah's boyfriend." I shuttered bowing and greeting Minah’s dad respectfully.  As Minah’s dad looked up from his newspaper with an unreadable expression.  

"B-B-B-B-BOYFRIEND?!" Minah's dad yelled with an unreadable expression.

 

"Uhm.. Neh Appa… he's my boyfriend…" Minah said while looking at me.

 

"Pleased to meet you, Mr. Park." I said and held my hand out, waiting for him to shake it.

 

He glared at me, and looked back at his newspaper, ignoring the fact that I had my hand held out.  

 

I retracted my hand awkwardly, and cleared my throat. 

 

I looked around the house, feeling so embarrassed.

 

Just then, Minah's mom came in and called us for dinner. 

 

 

I sat awkwardly, while looking at all the delicious Vietnamese food Minah’s mom made for dinner. My mouth watered, for I had not had a meal like this in a very long time. I love Vietnamese food, and there was Pho! Oh My! I’m so happy!

I felt a light kick from Minah, who was sitting across the table from me, breaking my train of thoughts. I looked at her, confused.  ‘Eat!’ She mouthed.

I smiled at her, and she gave a small smile back.

I was about to reach for my chopsticks slowly.

“Why aren’t you eating?” Minah’s dad asked

“Huh? Oh. I’m eating!” I panicked, grabbing my chopsticks, and eating some noodles, realizing that everyone had already started to eat and were staring at me weirdly.

I never felt so scared or worried in my life. I don’t get worried or scared easily, but this is nerve-racking. Even for me.

I ate carefully, not wanting to look like a pig in front my future parents and siblings in law.  I slightly grinned at the thought.

Minah's dad looked at my weirdly. 

"What are you doing?" He asked.

I looked surprised and looked at Minah. She looked at me, giving me a face that I should just go along with it.

"…Eating…”

“Eat faster! “he yelled. “ I don’t want my daughter to be dating a slow poke like you!”

“N-neh.” I shuttered, surprised, and eating my noodles faster.

--

I was almost finished eating, and only had the bowl of soup left. I picked up the bowl of soup from the table and held it in my hand.

I flinched from the hot temperature of the bowl, and spilled some on my pants. I looked down, and my pants… were wet….

"Oh my god." I heard Minah say, and laugh. I looked up, and saw that everyone was also in fits of laughter.

.... That was so embarrassing. I’m SO going to die….

Mr.Park looked at me with a grin on his face, trying to suppress his laughter.

I excused myself, headed to the bathroom.

"Uhm…Minah ...where’s the bathroom?" I say embarrassed, and covering my red face.

"Down the hall, Taeyhung-ah." she replied to me between laughter  

Aishh! This girl… But I still love her anyway…

As soon as I got up and took a step towards the bathroom, I slipped on some soup that I spilled on the floor, and fell flat on my face….

Everyone in the room looked at me with a devastated face, then bursted out with laughter.

I am so dead…

 



Sorry for not updating sooner... Hope you like this chapter 

 xoxosukki <---- helped with this chapter  <33