Chapter 27

I'm Marrying Who?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pushing away from the chest in front of me, I stared up at the person was holding me tight. Through my teary vision I was able to make out the face, and gasped when I noticed who it was. “K-Kai?” I stuttered.

Looking down at me, he softly smiled. “I’m sorry I’m late.” Before I was able to utter a word, I was yanked away from him by my father. Coming so my side Xiumin and D.O grabbed my arms so I would fall.

Pushing Kai in the chest my father slapped him across the face. “Dad!” I yelled. “How dare you come here expecting to be welcomed with open arms? This all started because of you and that girl.”

Lowering his head Kai whispered. “I’m sorry I’ve done wrong.”

Sighing in anger my father, turned around before looking at me. “Dad stop.” I whispered shaking his head he turned around to look at everyone in the room. Lifting his head, Kai bravely took a step towards my father before kneeling down with his head lowered. “I have done wrong. I have betrayed your trust, but believe me I had nothing to do with this. Everything Sohyun has done, I had no part in it.”

Looking down at Kai I took a step towards him. “Minah.” Baekhyun whispered as he took my hand. Shaking my head I pulled away from him as I continued to walk to my father. “Look at him Dad. Does he look like he would do something like this?” I whispered.

Turning his head to look down at Kai he sighed. “I’m sorry for hitting you Kai. It was out of line, please forgive me.” Standing to his feet, Kai bowed before looking my father square in the eyes. “No I can see why you would do that. I’ve caused all of you nothing but pain for the last month. Please forgive me. I never wanted this to happen but Sohyun threatened my family as well as yours.”

Looking at all the people in this room, Kai sadly smiled. “I couldn’t stop her and I’m sorry. Her father is a part of the mafia now. I had no choice but to follow.”

“He’s what?” my father asked. “How is that possible I thought we put him in prison?”

“He had someone on the inside help him get out. As far as the court still knows he is still in his jail cell. He knew a lot of people in the prison.”

“So those three men that were with Sohyun the other day were from her father’s gang?” Saerom asked. Nodding his head Kai looked at me. “I did what she said, every little thing to protect the people I loved.”

Looking at the ground I sighed. This had become a huge mess. I just wanted everything to go back to the way things were. I wanted to be able to pull pranks on Kai again and have him call me a freak but now it’s all changed.

 

“Excuse me?” a male’s voice spoke. Turning around, one of the Doctors was sadly smiling at us. “Are you the family of little Haebin?” Nodding my head I took a step closer to my father who stood beside Kai.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter