Chapter 21

I'm Marrying Who?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting at the table I heard my mother talking to Mrs. Kim about what had just happened. Since Kai left I had stared down at the table trying to stop the tears that were threatening to fall. Why would he do this all of a sudden? Did that kiss last night mean nothing at all?

Closing my eyes I balled my hands into fists. The feeling of small hands wrapping around my own, caused my eyes to snap open. Looking to my left I noticed a sad Heabin. She tried to smile at me but it only made me feel worse. Taking a deep breath, I mustered up the best smile I could.

“Want to go play in the sand, Haebin?” I asked. At the mention of the beach, her small doe like eyes sparkled with excitement. Clasping her hands in mine I stood up from my chair, with the long forgotten food still on the table.

“Where are you going Minah?” Mother asked. Turning to her I smiled. “I thought I’d take Haebin to the beach. I don’t think this is a place for her to be around right now.”

“Or course. Take care of her Minah. Your father and I will come to see you soon, we need to talk about this.” Nodding my head, I gently tugged on Haebin’s arm. Jumping up and down with excitement, I jogged with Haebin all the way to the beach. Once the sand was in sight, she let go of my hand before squealing as her feet touched the warm sand.

Laughing, I couldn’t help but feel slightly better. No matter how down I was Heabin was always able to make me feel better. I knew the situation with Kai and I was far from over but at least I knew I could always count on Haebin and my family.

 

Taking a seat on one of the reclining chairs that were placed about, I watched Heabin play in the water. She would squeal whenever a wave came up to her before running up onto the loose sand. Smiling I shook my head.

“Heabin! Be careful okay?” I yelled.

Bouncing her head up and down, she continued on chasing the water out before running back in.

 

“So poor little Minah has l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter