Home date, part 1

Play Boy or Pet Boy

___________________________________________________________

“You just answer the door. I’ll keep Na-Young quiet upstairs. We’ll figure out a way to leave.” Sunny ordered and pushed YeoJin in the direction of the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~

TaecYeon checked his hair one last time in the reflection of the window. It looked perfect, as usual, but checking his hair had become an unshakable habit of his and so he kept doing it.

After making sure he looked the best he could, he pressed the doorbell again. Not long after, YeoJin walked into the hallway and let him in. Smiling the handsomest smile he could produce, he greeted her and hugged her shortly, without squeezing of any type.
“Hi beautiful, I brought you something.” TaecYeon said as he took a small present out of his pocket.
He watched as YeoJin eyed him with surprise, humbly accepted his present and looked at him as if asking permission to open it. TaecYeon nodded with another one of his killer smiles. It was a good thing YeoJin was pretty and likable, it made his work far more enjoyable.
“Oh, wow, it’s beautiful…” YeoJin breathed as she took the silver necklace out of the small box.
“Just like you are.” TaecYeon coaxed and held out his hand to put the necklace around her neck.
‘Jackpot!’ he thought as he saw the hint of red that appeared on her cheeks.

~~~~~~~~~~

When she turned around to let TaecYeon put the necklace on, she spotted herself and him in the hall mirror. She loved the sight of them. Sunny had cared for her to look beautiful and TaecYeon suited that image of her surprisingly well. Unconsciously she started imagining how they would look together if they wore couple shirts or more casual clothing.

She was so caught up in her reverie that she only woke out of it when she realized TaecYeon was looking at her through the mirror.
“It looks good, doesn’t it?” he asked and she felt his warm hands lay on her shoulders, making her a little nervous.
“Yes, it does.” YeoJin answered and looked at the necklace once more. “I hope it wasn’t incredibly expensive…”
“Don’t worry about that.” TaecYeon said and smiled assuring, while they walked into the living room.

Since it was nearly time to eat and dinner wasn’t yet prepared, TaecYeon and YeoJin decided to prepare it together. Something YeoJin had never successfully done with anyone from the opposite , except for her father. JaeBeom was absolute the worst example. The last time they attempted to prepare a meal together, she’d had him promise that he would consider her and be careful, beforehand. However, when they were in the kitchen JaeBeom soon started fooling around, making a mess (not to mention many mistakes) and in the end accidently hit her with a cooking pan. By then her hair, face and clothes were covered with flower, egg and whatnot; all had been JaeBeom’s favors. At that time YeoJin didn’t like their kitchen dates, she swore over and over that she would never let him into the kitchen again and after that last time, she started preparing the food for them by herself. However, when thinking back about it now, it was never boring. Didn’t they have fun too?

~~~~~~~~~~

Sunny was smiling broadly. Even though it was a complete coincidence that she happened to be stuck in YeoJin’s house when she was having a date downstairs, Sunny was happy about the situation, she had always wanted to know how YeoJin would act on a date. It was pretty obvious how Na-Young behaved on dates; endless flirting (the my-foot-brushes-against-your-leg kind of flirting) until the other party gave in, often with a little help of some booze. Sunny knew Na-Young nowadays flirted much more than before her whole fiasco with HeeChul. Na-Young always denied, but Sunny (and YeoJin too) thought she did it to show everyone that she was still a desirable woman and could be happy without HeeChul. Which, if it was true, meant she actually couldn’t be happy without him.

“Will you get out of bed now?” Sunny whispered.
“Why? It’s not like we can leave anyway… I’d better spend my hours here sleeping!” Na-Young murmured, half asleep and half annoyed.
“Fine, you go sleep through your hangover.” Sunny declared while standing up from her position next to Na-Young’s bed.
“I’m not hung over!” Na-Young protested weakly, but didn’t open her eyes to do otherwise than she had intended. Sunny merely shook her head as she decided to go to the bathroom and then see if she couldn’t find a way to see or hear how YeoJin’s date was going.

After using the bathroom, Sunny suddenly heard YeoJin’s voice explain in which place the pans were. The blinded bathroom window was opened and since the bathroom was above the kitchen, then that window must be opened as well to hear her voice. Sunny realized she couldn’t flush the toilet, or they would be able to hear it too.

~~~~~~~~~~

TaecYeon was never quite the kitchen wonder. As embarrassing as it may be, but his umma had always cooked for him when he still lived with his parents. He himself learned cooking only after he moved out and then there was YoonA, quickly taking over that task as they became a couple. In his profession cooking had always been one of his flaws, which he often covered by hiring cooks and taking his clients to restaurants instead. This time he would make the best impression by trying, TaecYeon reasoned. He might as well just play around a little, YeoJin seemed to him the type who’s heart melted because of cute and innocent, but well-meant joking.

~~~~~~~~~~

‘A perfect boyfriend should also be a perfect cook, right?’ YeoJin thought with high expectations as she showed TaecYeon were everything in the kitchen was.
“Shouldn’t you put on some other clothes first?” TaecYeon asked, eyeing YeoJin’s dress. YeoJin followed his gaze.
“You’re right, I wouldn’t want to spill something on it,” YeoJin agreed. “but what should you do?”
“Oh, I’ll just put on an apron…” TaecYeon said and started looking through the different aprons YeoJin had hanging on the side of the kitchen to find one he wanted to wear.
“That won’t do, will it? I’ll see what I have.” YeoJin said. “I’ll be back in a minute!”

YeoJin raced to her room and found Na-Young still asleep, Sunny was nowhere to be found. YeoJin was glad she didn’t bring TaecYeon upstairs with her. Quickly she put on a more comfortable dress, one that could easily be washed if stained and went through a spare closet where they had kept old clothes. Some of JaeBeom’s clothes were in there too, but one look on them made her realize these would never fit TaecYeon. They were far too small.

“Ottoke~?!” YeoJin let out frustrated. But then, she spotted a pair of denim jeans, old and a little ragged, that she was certain didn’t belong to JaeBeom. An image of her brother wearing these came to mind. Of course, the pair of pants was DongWook’s! These he had worn when he came to help YeoJin and JaeBeom out when they moved into this house. Which was already some years ago. Holding the pants before her, it might just be the size TaecYeon needed. A shirt was quickly found.

When she came back downstairs, TaecYeon had already took some ingredients out of the cabinets and fridge. He looked so handsome just standing there in his fancy clothes, next to the kitchen counter. YeoJin imagined how it must feel to hug him from behind and then got embarrassed when he turned and smiled.
“Here are some clothes I could find for you.” YeoJin said shyly and handed them over to him, unable to look him in the eyes.
“Thanks. I hope you like pancakes, I already took out some ingredients, but we can make whatever you like.” TaecYeon answered as he took the clothes from her and started walking out of the room. YeoJin nodded. ‘Pancakes? I had expected something else, but I guess pancakes are alright.’ She thought. Just then she heard TaecYeon’s footsteps on the stairs. Immediately she ran to the hallway.
“The bathroom is behind the first door on your left!” She yelled after him, hoping he wouldn’t go into the wrong door and find either Sunny or Na-Young. And if any of her two friends were in there, that they might leave before TaecYeon came in.

~~~~~~~~~~

‘SHOOT!’ Sunny thought, who was at that moment still in the bathroom. ‘Where to hide?’ Without much thinking she stepped into the bathtub and closed the curtains around her.
___________________________________________________________

I'm not too satisfied with this chapter, it looks kind of like a filler, but I promise to update soon with a chapter in which there's more action! =)

CherryChocol8 -15.04.2011-