Responsibility

Play Boy or Pet Boy

___________________________________________________________
“I’m sorry…” YeoJin came in. “Were you done unpacking already, when JaeBeom stormed in?”
‘Now she’s going to tell me to pack again?’ TaecYeon thought.
“Yes, I was done unpacking, but don’t worry, I’m much faster in packing my bags.” To demonstrate his point TaecYeon opened the closet and dropped all the neatly arranged clothes back into his suitcase.
YeoJin chuckled. ‘She’s happy?… Since when did she become so mean?’
“Not yet!” She said and placed her hand over TaecYeon’s hand, the one that was holding the closet door.
TaecYeon became a little clueless, insecure even, why was she so confusing? What was she doing? Was she happily telling him to leave? Or-…
“Do you… want to leave, perhaps?” Now YeoJin was looking sad all of a sudden…
“What do you mean?” TaecYeon asked, internally with his hands in his hair, externally calm as ever.
“Do you feel like it’s more logical for you to leave?” YeoJin asked.
“You want to break the contract?” TaecYeon replied. Of course he wanted to stay, it was his job, his income, his pride too, actually.

~~~~~~~~~~

“No, yes… no…” No, she didn’t want to break it, but yes, she wanted to break it for the sake of TaecYeon. Seeing him like this really made her feel bad about the situation. On the other hand, repaying Jae in this manner really felt worth it.
“Okay…” TaecYeon said. “I’ll stay then, but can I ask you one thing?”
YeoJin nodded, of course he’d want to know some things.
“Why did you hire me? You have a boyfriend already…”
Good point, however, that boyfriend hadn’t been there even an hour ago…
“Actually, we just made up… JaeBeom was my boyfriend, then he cheated on me and we broke up, but now we’re back together.” ‘I hope you don’t mind, but you’re my part of extramarital attention; JaeBeom’s revenge.’ The last thing, YeoJin figured, she shouldn’t tell him. TaecYeon could still decide to break the contract after all.

~~~~~~~~~~

“So, you want me to… clean the bathroom first?”
TaecYeon had wanted to ask more specifically about his role in this rather twisted triangle, but right in the middle of his sentence JaeBeom appeared next to YeoJin.
“Yeah, go clean it, pet boy! YeoJin, honey, I called WooYoung, he’s going to bring my stuff over. In the meantime, let’s make some room for it in the bedroom, okay?” JaeBeom said.
‘Did I have to suggest cleaning the bathroom?’ TaecYeon thought to himself as he looked at JaeBeom who pulled YeoJin out of the room. YeoJin’s face showed that she was sorry, but from JaeBeom all he got was a glare and a crooked smile of superiority.
He had no answers as to why he was actually staying or what was expected from him. Unfortunately he couldn’t ask any more questions now. There was one thing however very clear to him; as things were now, he didn’t like JaeBeom one bit.

Reluctant to ask about the specifics of his cleaning, TaecYeon took a duster and started to clean the bathtub and floor. If it wasn’t his first day, he would have said something about JaeBeom’s attitude. For now he decided it was probably best to show his qualities first and then complain about his maltreatment. If and when there was a good moment to do so…

~~~~~~~~~~

“Why were you so rude to him?” YeoJin asked JaeBeom when they were in the bedroom, out of earshot from TaecYeon.
“What do you mean? Isn’t he a pet boy and didn’t he himself suggest to clean the bathroom?” JaeBeom replied while opening the closet. “You haven’t occupied my space yet! You must have known I would be coming back!”
“You could have said things a bit nicer. You just barked in there and started ordering him around, like he’s your servant.” YeoJin said, ignoring JaeBeom’s attempt at changing the subject.
“Woah, there’s also still room for my shoes!” JaeBeom stoically continued changing the subject.
“JaeBeom…” YeoJin said, warning him. “TaecYeon is not your servant, even if he were a servant, he’d still be mine instead of yours. Please, don’t make life hard on him.”
“You’re defending him? I thought you were my girlfriend, he’s just-…” JaeBeom started.
“JaeBeom…” YeoJin said, warning him again while raising an eyebrow.
“I’m sorry.” JaeBeom apologized and closed the closet door.
YeoJin wasn’t entirely sure whether JaeBeom was going to treat TaecYeon well from now on, or if the ‘sorry’ was said because of speaking up to her. Whatever his motive was, the fact that he apologized was a welcomed improvement.
“I’m going to prepare tea, you know how to make place for your stuff yourself, can you?” YeoJin said and turned around.
“YeoJin, wait. I don’t want tea… Please help me?” JaeBeom asked. ‘Was he trying to be cute?’
“I’m not making tea for you alone… What is there that I could help you with? You know best what stuff you want to bring over here.” With those words YeoJin left the bedroom.

When she passed the bathroom, she felt sad. TaecYeon was still cleaning in there. She decided to ask him if he had any preferences for tea. She was going to make tea for the three of them anyway, but she wanted TaecYeon to pick the flavor.
“TaecYeon. Is everything okay? I’m going to make tea, is there any flavor you want?”
“I’m doing well, thank you! Maybe… white tea, if you have any?” TaecYeon responded.
He was on his knees, scrubbing the floor like a maid, but his face only showed one big smile. Was he really okay with the situation? Or was he that good at hiding his feelings? Surely it would make nobody happy to be in his situation right now.
“I think I have some white tea. I’ll see you downstairs in a few minutes then!” YeoJin smiled back. The least she could do was treat him well and be happy for his sake.

~~~~~~~~~~

“No, I don’t have time today!”
“Then what about tomorrow? Will you come with me then?”
“No, I don’t have time tomorrow either!”
“Then when do you have time? It’s crucial for you to be there!”
“Just forget about it okay? I’m not going to do this! You can keep it or not, I don’t care!”
“Don’t you want to know your first child? By the way, why are you whispering?”
“I’m not whispering, I’m at home, better hearing, no surrounding sounds… Why are you talking so loud?!” JaeBeom whispered into his cell phone.
“Very funny! Are you afraid someone will hear you?” BoA sounded annoyed and a little disappointed.
“No, it’s just… Don’t bother me anymore, okay?” JaeBeom pleaded.
“You’re back to her, aren’t you?” BoA wanted to know. “You don’t want her to hear you talking to me, do you?”
“You’re not really saying anything I want to hear either…”
“Too bad, because you’re going to do more than talking to me. I’m going to make you go with me to the hospital, and I’ll make you take responsibility for the baby.” BoA stated.
“Try me! I’m not going to!” JaeBeom said out loud, but then remembered he couldn’t raise his voice.
“If you’re not coming with me tomorrow morning, I’ll come by YeoJin’s house to pick you up.”
“No, no, don’t come to my house! … Fine! I’ll go with you, but I’m not taking responsibility!” JaeBeom said and hung up.
Going to the hospital tomorrow morning may cause him some trouble, but there was no other way to avoid BoA showing up at their house. Or was there?
___________________________________________________________

CherryChocol8 -04.03.2012-