Boyfriend, meet pet boy. Pet boy, meet boyfriend...

Play Boy or Pet Boy

___________________________________________________________

“YeoJin, I love you!” JaeBeom exclaimed as soon as she had opened the door. Then he got shy for saying it so loud and shameless. He coughed and looked at his feet, crossing his arms. “You don’t have anything to say to me anymore?” he asked, feeling disappointed. Surely her silence meant she was uninterested.
To JaeBeom’s surprise her arms closed around his torso as she pulled him towards her in a hug. “Did you really change?” She asked, emotions surfacing. JaeBeom nodded, he indeed dumped BoA, if that was what she meant by ‘change’.
YeoJin’s grip around his torso tightened and she pulled him inside to close the door.
“I still love you, too.” she said and kissed his lips.
“Take me back…” JaeBeom breathed between kisses…

~~~~~~~~~~

Could she take him back? Upstairs was the perfect boyfriend she just hired. She even wore his ring… But, she had no real relationship with him, so she was still ‘single’, wasn’t she?
YeoJin nodded and kissed JaeBeom again to confirm him of her answer.

~~~~~~~~~~

Suddenly his eyes fell on a jacket that definitely wasn’t YeoJin’s. It also wasn’t his nor any of their friends’ jackets.
“Someone is here now, right?” JaeBeom asked. “Who is it?”
“Before you get angry, it’s TaecYeon, but I can explain…” YeoJin said.
“Before I get angry?!” JaeBeom said and his eyes fell on her hand. “This… You’re even wearing his ring, aren’t you? … Are you cheating on me already?!”
“It would only be fair if I was…” YeoJin began. “…but no, I’m not. TaecYeon is hired, a hired pet boy.”
“Ah, right!” JaeBeom sighed, slightly sarcastic, but seeing as the look on her face was rather confused instead of sorry, he had to believe her.
“You’re telling the truth…” JaeBeom said, disappointed, but accepting it. “Well, I guess you can go tell him his business here is done…”

~~~~~~~~~~

‘That would be a waste…’ YeoJin thought. For some reason she wanted to repay JaeBeom for the scar he left by cheating on her. But could it work by making TaecYeon stay…?
“Err, that’s not exactly possible…” YeoJin began.
“Why? Is he stubborn? Or do you have second thoughts?” JaeBeom inquired.
“No, none of that… It’s just… We have a contract, you know. We can’t just break it.”
“Why not? You can rip up a piece of paper, can’t you?” JaeBeom suggested.
‘Money! That's always been JaeBeom’s weak point, because he doesn’t have that much.’ YeoJin realized. “But I, I already paid for 3 months!” She pouted. Not entirely true, but she was going to.
‘Ha! Serves him right… If he can stand TaecYeon’s presence for that long, he definitely scores some good points!’ YeoJin thought.
“…” JaeBeom breathed. “Okay, you know what… He can stay, but I’m moving in again and that pet boy of yours sleeps in the guestroom!”
“He already does…” YeoJin smiled wryly. Something didn’t feel so right.
It was going to be awkward for the guys. JaeBeom deserved that awkwardness, but was it fair to bring TaecYeon in such a situation? ‘Well, he is perfect, so he should be alright…’ And still…

~~~~~~~~~~

All his stuff had found a place in the guestroom now. It wasn’t much that he’d brought, but it took him some time to arrange it to his liking. He wasn’t a perfectionist for nothing. It was a treat of being ‘perfect’.
Should he go downstairs now? He was finished upstairs, so it would be normal to come downstairs. However it sounded like someone came to visit…
Sighing TaecYeon went to sit on his bed. It was surprisingly soft and jumpy. Deciding he should wait until YeoJin came back for him, he stretched his legs out on the bed and leaned into the pillows with his arms crossed above his head.
The faint sunlight was coming in through the window, falling onto the other side of the king-sized bed. TaecYeon’s thoughts drifted to his girlfriend. What would she be doing now? He was still pissed when he thought about the way he’d left her behind. Why didn’t she give him the chance to make up? Why such a fuss about him working in the first place? He didn’t understand it, but he wanted to punish her for the fight by not calling once during his complete business trip. A week of no contact would be long enough for her to realize what she had done, wouldn’t it?

~~~~~~~~~~

“I’d better go and greet our guest now.” JaeBeom said while dropping his jacket on the small table of the hallway.
“JaeBeom… Wait, he’s still unpacking…” YeoJin tried to stop him from going upstairs. It would be better if she had time to explain certain things to TaecYeon before they’d meet. Besides, knowing JaeBeom, it wouldn’t be the polite greeting any other guest would receive. TaecYeon was after all an unwanted guest to JaeBeom.
“He’ll be done by now.” JaeBeom concluded, completely uninterested in the matter of politeness.
From the corner of her eye YeoJin saw JaeBeom’s jacket was slipping off the table and almost taking with it a stack of advertisements YeoJin had wanted to dispose of. To prevent it all from falling she had to rush up to it and let JaeBeom go upstairs.
‘Oh, how I missed this…’ YeoJin thought. ‘Like a headache combined with loud music…’
Quickly she hung up JaeBeom’s jacket, right next to that of TaecYeon, and hurried to follow JaeBeom upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~

“You’re her pet boy…” The guy by the door seemed to be surprised to see TaecYeon there.
TaecYeon, who was just as surprised to see the guy he recognized from that time in the electronics shop, replied: “You’re her… abuser…? What are you doing here, actually?”
“A-… ABUSER?! YAH! I’m her boyfriend! There’s some difference there, pet boy! … Woof, tsh…” The guy scoffed and walked out of the room again, he clearly hadn't had any intention to get to know his guest in the first place. What an introduction…
TaecYeon wondered what was going on. Was he already off the job? Or was he what he feared; hired to run errands for YeoJin and her boyfriend?
___________________________________________________________

CherryChocol8 -28.01.2012-