Try me

Play Boy or Pet Boy

I haven't been updating for a while, so to make it up to my readers, here's an extra long chapter! ^^
___________________________________________________________
A few days later it was time for her first date with Ok TaecYeon. He’s wasn’t officially hired yet, since his company offered a try-out which consisted of 2 dates. The first date was a date outside and the second date was a date at home.

Since YeoJin had no idea where TaecYeon was going to take her, - that was part of the whole idea of ‘getting to know him better’ – she was in a serious battle with her wardrobe.

Two hours and a dozen outfits later, YeoJin had finally decided what to wear on her first date. There were now more clothes laid out on her bed than there were left in her huge closet. YeoJin had decided to go for semi-formal with a subtle hint of casualty. The same went for her make-up. She was wearing a navy blue, figure-hugging dress, with a large baby blue flower clipped on the right side strap, just where it met the upper edge of the dress. Her pumps were in the same soft blue color as the flower and her eye shadow matched it as well. She had kept her make-up minimal for she supported the natural look.

Extremely excited, no scratch that, extremely nervous as YeoJin was, she paced the room on her semi-high pumps, waiting for TaecYeon to pick her up.

~~~~~~~~~~

It had been difficult to convince YoonA he had to leave for work in the late afternoon and would only be back late at night, or at least after dinner time, but TeacYeon managed to reassure YoonA it wasn’t something she should worry about.
Luckily he could dress up at the company, there was no way YoonA would’ve let him leave if he’d been crispy clean and dressed up!

To be honest, TaecYeon didn’t want to give up his career, yes, he called it a career. Being born with the natural charm to make women happy and treat them well, TaecYeon was convinced he was doing good work. Of course he knew no girlfriend would ever be okay with his choice of profession, but he already was a so-called ‘pet boy’ before he met YoonA. So he had been telling her from the beginning that he worked for a computer company, to which she had never asked any questions.

At the company –which obviously wasn’t a computer company– TaecYeon changed into a black designer suit from Hugo Boss. Of said suit the sales price was at least $ 3.500,-. Of course it wasn’t something he could afford himself, but the company paid for his work-related expenses. Clothes and date-arrangements were the company’s biggest payments, along with staff costs.

When the hairdresser had finished his hairdo, TaecYeon gathered his stuff and headed to the back of the building. A limousine was waiting for him.
When seated in the limousine, TaecYeon selected slow and romantic music tracks that would make the mood intimate and relaxed. He had no idea what kind of woman he was going to meet, but he was determined to keep this client.

~~~~~~~~~~

‘Oh my~!’ YeoJin thought when the limousine stopped in front of her house. She was watching it through the small window of the front door. Her self-confidence had been stepped on when JaeBeom cheated on her, but she did know what was Class and what wasn’t. This definitely was!

With hanging open a little, YeoJin watched as the door opened and a young man emerged from the backseat. YeoJin had never seen anyone quite like him, he was the perfect combination of prettiness, iness and capability. YeoJin stared at this perfect man in his perfect outfit, as he was approaching the low gates to the garden. She couldn’t imagine this man ripping his shirt on routine, but she realized she wouldn’t object to him doing just that.

When he was walking up to the door, YeoJin remembered JaeBeom’s toothbrush must still be on the path somewhere. Biting her lips, she wished he wouldn’t see it. She took a few steps back into the hallway, so he wouldn’t know she had been standing behind the door all the while. Hiding behind the door to the toilet, YeoJin waited for TaecYeon to ring the doorbell.

When it rang and YeoJin realized she had to open the door, she panicked. She was in the restroom! It would look like she just used it. On the second ring she came out of the restroom, aware that if she stayed there any longer she’d give him the impression of having done the big business in there. Then of course he would only think that if he knew what room was behind that door… Something YeoJin was sure he didn’t know but would figure out soon enough.

“Annyonghaseyo, I’m Ok TaecYeon.” the guy greeted politely.
“I know…” YeoJin heard herself responding in a giggly manner.
A silence in which YeoJin kept shaking TaecYeon’s hand lightly followed. She had no idea what to do. What do people do when they meet like that? This was like a blind date, but it involved a business arrangement and a fun-oriented fake relationship. Was there really an official good way to handle this?

TaecYeon’s raised eyebrows and amused grin pulled YeoJin out of her thinking-trance and she quickly let go of his hand, bowed politely and introduced herself to him.
“I am here to pick you up for our date, miss Lee.” TaecYeon announced with a killer smile, revealing more teeth than the average men’s smile did.
YeoJin felt her knees wobble, this man wasn’t awkward with her at all and even if he was, he was very good at hiding it! YeoJin was ready to have some fun, he was hers and she was going to enjoy that fact! Well, technically he wasn’t hers, yet… but she sure had access to him.
She felt a pang of guilt in her heart thinking about TaecYeon in that way, JaeBeom was still in there, fighting for room, but she wanted him out and knew the feeling of guilt was ill-founded. They were done; through. So she denied her feelings by asking herself one question (‘JaeBeom, who?!’) and then fully focused on TaecYeon, who led her to the limousine, holding her hand so she wouldn’t slip and fall because of the snow.

~~~~~~~~~~

As TaecYeon led YeoJin to the limo, he placed his right hand on the small of her back, pressing his middle finger lightly on a certain spinal bone, he called the ‘mood-bone’. From experience he knew women felt comfortable, special and loved if that bone was touched in the right way. As expected YeoJin lost some of her busy-person behavior. TaecYeon opened the door for her and let her step inside. Then he got in himself.

He knew women liked it when their guy took the lead and made decisions to a certain extent. And TaecYeon had figured out that extent long ago, he was an expert and knew exactly what he had to do, could do and mustn’t do. He also knew the when, where and how of these actions.

He filled two glasses of light sparkling Champagne and offered her one. When clinking her glass he smiled and looked warmly and directly into her eyes. Sending her the impression he was genuinely interested to get to know her better. He saw YeoJin was blushing a little and that served as a hint for him to talk to her more.
“Lee YeoJin, what is your favorite color?” He asked, knowing he’d just caught her attention in a refreshing way. Favorite colors are not your usual first topic of conversation, but it gave good options for continuation, based on the responder’s reply.
“Blue and minty green, what about yours?” she asked.
“I like all colors, especially those that suit you. Blue and minty green are good options.” TaecYeon answered, keeping up a playful mood, for he had noticed YeoJin liked cool and soft colors, which told him she liked playfulness and teasing rather than cuddling and heavy romance.
“Oh, you’re good~!” YeoJin let out impressed. Of course she knew TaecYeon was to be a guy with experience in dating and seducing women, but clearly, he exceeded her expectations.

~~~~~~~~~~

Again, ‘JaeBeom who?!’, TaecYeon was giving her the kind of masculine attention she had always wanted to receive from JaeBeom. In the beginning of her relationship with JaeBeom, he had shown her a side which she had completely fallen for, but however attractive and loveable he was, JaeBeom had never made it a secret he absolutely loathed to have responsibilities, to do things for her which he didn’t want to do or to make compromises.

TaecYeon was much more the responsible type, YeoJin thought, as TaecYeon opened the door of the limo. They had arrived at the place of the date.

He offered his arm as YeoJin stepped out of the limo, holding on to his rather muscled arm. She noticed his muscles were firm when she squeezed his arm a tiny bit to feel the strength in it. Firm muscles meant he was probably working out on a regular basis and that he was owner of chocolate abs. She forced herself not to think about his so-called ‘disadvantage’.

“Where are we going?” YeoJin couldn’t help but ask when he led her up the small steps of a seemingly old building. Delicious smells drifted out when he opened the door for her. This wasn’t his apartment, right?
“You’ll see… I bet you’re going to love it!” TaecYeon answered her, being more the human than the womanizer.
Truth is, they were becoming more comfortable around each other. No outsider would have thought they weren’t a real couple as they behaved like they were indeed lovers, minus the kissing then… TaecYeon was being a gentleman, he hadn’t made any real moves in that direction, even though YeoJin was now secretly hoping he would.

Following TaecYeon, she noticed the place he brought her to was a small Chinese/Indonesian restaurant. The place was so small that it automatically became an exclusive restaurant.
“This place is…” YeoJin was seeking a word to describe it, “wonderful!”
TaecYeon smiled. “I’m glad you like it. Wait till you’ve tasted their delicacies, you’ll love it even more.”
YeoJin took in the coziness and the atmosphere of the restaurant as she waited for TaecYeon to take care that their coats were hung in the cloakroom. She wondered how he knew about this restaurant and then almost face-palmed herself. How could he not know this place, when he works for a pet boy company! Even if he had not found it himself, the company would have pointed it out to him anyway!

“A table for two, on the name Ok.” TaecYeon informed the waiter with a smile.
YeoJin couldn’t remember the last time she felt so special when the waiter took them to a table at the back, near the window on the second floor. The window offered a view over the lake in which an ambient illuminated statue of playing mermaids was visible. TaecYeon gave her hand a light squeeze and when she turned to look at him, he smiled. Then he let go to pull out a chair and motioned for her to sit on it.

When both were seated and waiting for their orders to arrive, TaecYeon began asking her about the foods she liked and which she disliked. YeoJin found out they both disliked sauerkraut.

Time flew as they were engaging into small talk, sharing pieces of food, telling jokes and flirting occasionally.

As they had finished their desserts, TaecYeon went to pay for their dinner with a company card. Soon the expenses made with that card would turn into bills directed at YeoJin, but this date would be fully financed by the company as it was just a try-out.

In the minute TaecYeon spend paying, YeoJin took out her phone to send a text to Na-Young.
‘Taec = Jjang!! thnx 4 ur advice!! <3’
‘NP but, WHO’s TAEC?! ^^’ Na-Young sent back.
‘My soon 2 B pet boy!!! =D’
At that point TaecYeon was returning to her table and she quickly put away her phone, even though she already saw she received another text from Na-Young.
“Did you enjoy the food?” TaecYeon smiled again, giving YeoJin view on his set of perfect teeth.
“A lot!” she nodded, while getting out of the chair and ready to leave.
“Me too.” TaecYeon agreed and helped her put on her coat.
He thanked the man at the door and lead YeoJin back to where the limousine was waiting for them. His hand was comfortably resting on her shoulder, as he walked with her close to his side. A part of YeoJin couldn’t comprehend that this wasn’t just a dream, this was something she could get used to, something she could be doing everyday!

In the limousine on their way to YeoJin’s house, she laid her head on his shoulder and his arm was around her waist. When they arrived, YeoJin was almost certain he’d kiss her goodnight, and he did, but not really how she’d expected it. He kissed her cheek, smiled and said: “Thank you for the good time. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.” To which YeoJin nodded. She was debating whether she should just kiss him on his mouth, but then she remembered they weren’t really dating and that fact embarrassed her deeply, so she quickly got out, wished him good night and closed the door of the limousine. Because of the blinded windows she could not see it if he waved her goodbye, so she turned, ready to walk up the steps to her apartment.
There, resting in a layer of stepped on snow, JaeBeom’s toothbrush was before her feet.
Disappointed with the development of her love life, if she could still call it that, she kicked the toothbrush of the path, making it land into a pool of muddy snow.
At least she could soon pretend she was having a love life…
___________________________________________________________

^^ Please leave a comment~! <3

CherryChocol8 -21.12.2010-