Oh, happy day

Play Boy or Pet Boy

__________________________________________________________
Yes, he had cheated. Yes, he was guilty. Yes, he wanted her back. Yes, yes, yes.
“Let’s buy couple shirts!” BoA cheered, pulling JaeBeom along to a stall full with the embarrassing ‘his-hers’-things.
And, oh yes, he was still seeing her

~~~~~~~~~~

YeoJin winced when the icy cold wind caught around her legs and arms as she stepped outside. It was colder than yesterday, or so she thought. Fumbling with her keys, she closed the front door and walked towards her car, the little green cutie on a parking lot filled with SUVs and luxury jeeps.

She would rather not pinpoint the reason, but since that date with her soon-to-be pet boy, her spirits were lifted. Of course JaeBeom still occupied far too many thoughts in her mind, but at least now YeoJin had someone else to distract her from them. Someone for whom she wanted to look pretty, even if their relationship was all fake, it was going to be a very nice and exciting experience. YeoJin couldn’t wait for their second try-out date.

While singing softly along with the radio, YeoJin drove her car to the city center. She was going to buy a new washing machine, since it had broken down without any warning and she wasn’t planning on becoming a new client to the cleaning service at the end of her street.

After parking her car, she practically ran to the store. Why did the washing machine have to break down at this time of year? All her decent clothes just needed washing and thus YeoJin was obliged to wear a short skirt Sunny had left behind when their girls night was at YeoJin’s home. If it had been Na-Young who had left a piece of her clothing, it at least would have been a pair of pants, since Na-Young would never wear skirts or dresses. However Na-Young wouldn’t leave her clothes behind anywhere neither.

As YeoJin walked through the doors of the store and the warm air hit her skin, she inhaled deeply and relaxed. The feeling in her legs gradually started to come back as she marched along the electric audio visual devices, through the department of household appliances, towards the washing machines. There she was, completely clueless what type or brand of washing machine she should buy.

While she was walking past the row of countless washing machines of various sizes and shapes, she suddenly stopped dead in her tracks. Did that voice really belong to whom she thought it belonged to?

“Wahyo~ I want one of these! …Eh, which one do you think looks better?”

YeoJin slowly sneaked closer to where the voice came from. From between the blenders she had view on the person. Her thoughts were confirmed as she saw JaeBeom standing in front of shelves filled with music players. He wasn’t alone of course, he was joined by a gorgeous brunette… and they wore couple shirts over their jackets… From hurt and shock (JaeBeom and she used to have an agreement that they would never ever wear these hideous things!), YeoJin almost toppled over. She managed to keep her balance, but not without pushing a blender through the shelf, kicking off a set of electric toothbrushes on the other side.

“What was that?” JaeBeom asked, making YeoJin duck behind a lower shelf.

YeoJin felt as if she could cry. She hated JaeBeom and at the same time, he was the one she couldn’t forget about. But he had taken her for granted and frankly, that’s what she had been. She had taken in every aspect of him since the beginning of their relationship and he just took that opportunity to cheat.

Clutching the straps of her handbag, YeoJin sat on the ground. She was wiping her tears with the back of her other hand and tried not to make a sound. When suddenly she was greeted with JaeBeom in full presence, complete with additional person. “YeoJin-ah?!” He asked, probably as shocked as she had been when she discovered him here.

Seconds seem to pass as the both of them stared at each other. JaeBeom looked at her with a longing she hadn’t seen in his eyes since the last time they had a real romantic event, which had been at least a year ago. His gaze now was so intense that it made her feel exposed. The fact that she was teary-eyed and his new girlfriend was watching, didn’t make things any better.

“JaeBeomie, do you know her?” the brunette asked her boyfriend with a look that said: you’re so popular, you shouldn’t know her, since she isn’t that pretty. YeoJin should have felt worse by then, but she couldn’t help smile inwardly as she knew how much JaeBeom hated it if he was called in a cute way. That inward smile evaporated quickly though, when JaeBeom answered.

“Yeah, she was my girlfriend before I met you.” I still was your girlfriend when you met her, when you did her, when you cheated on me with her… YeoJin added in her mind, with pain and anger.

“What are you doing here, YeoJin?” the brunette asked, one hand on her hip, her other hand possessively around JaeBeom’s arm. No polite –shi added to her name, as if she had invaded their space, their life. YeoJin felt how tears were burning at the back of her eyes, she couldn’t take anymore of this. In a rapid manner she stood up, grabbed her bag with her, dusted off her skirt and walked away. Hot tears were streaming down her cheeks and the only thing she thought about was to get away from him, from her, from them.
She could hear JaeBeom following her, when suddenly she ran into someone, someone tall with chocolate abs…

“Honey, why the rush?” TaecYeon said, for some reason pretending they belonged together.

In a flash YeoJin recalled one rule about seeing each other when not hiring, act like you don’t know him. How? What could she do? Besides, he broke the rule…
YeoJin let him put his hand on her shoulder, but kept silent and made no eye-contact. If I don’t speak, I won’t have broken the rule.

At least JaeBeom didn’t make a scene…

~~~~~~~~~~

Now TaecYeon had the last final piece of information to solve the puzzle that was YeoJin. He had already figured out (with the kind help of NichKhun) that YeoJin must have left him because she was confused. NichKhun once had a client who couldn’t get used to the fact that he was indeed hers, now Nick thought that must be the case with Taec’s client also and JunSu agreed.

Taec didn’t fully believe them, but now it was confirmed, YeoJin was confused, because she was being harassed, or stalked even. No good man follows a woman until she cries.

While TaecYeon was trying to comfort YeoJin, he noticed just how ignorant she was of him. He thought it was strange. Something again didn’t make sense… Wouldn’t a woman act nice and flirty if they made her escape from another man, even if it was just to show the other man that they were forgotten? And even if not nice and flirty, wouldn’t she be thankful?

TaecYeon hated to admit the highly frustrating fact that this woman was a mystery to him.

~~~~~~~~~~

He led her through the store, trying to make contact multiple times, but YeoJin decided she should follow the rules. Deep down she was pissed at Sunny for leaving behind a skirt instead of a pair of pants and at the washing machine for breaking down on her. How could she leave the store alone and not act like she knew TaecYeon? Basically, she just waited before the solution would make itself known.

Then it was there. When TaecYeon briefly lifted his hand from her shoulder, YeoJin sprinted away, quickly made her way past the cash desks and darted out the door.

With her face stained with mascara and dried tears, she must look awful. Combined with the bad hair day and Sunny’s skirt, she must look even worse still. Oh, how she wanted to rewind the day and start it again, she would make sure not to leave the house then!

Now TaecYeon must definitely gotten a bad impression of her and JaeBeom probably thought she had cheated on him as well. YeoJin imagined how JaeBeom and the brunette would go over the happenings of that day together when laying in bed and she cringed at the thought of them laughing about her.

Damnit, she didn’t even got to buy a washing machine…
__________________________________________________________

CherryChocol8 -02.02.2011-