Hospital visits

Play Boy or Pet Boy

___________________________________________________________

It was still very early in the morning when JaeBeom woke up. YeoJin was fast asleep and holding on to his arm. As gently as he could, JaeBeom released her fingers one by one. YeoJin stirred a little when he released her last finger, but she didn’t fully wake up.
‘Now just get out of bed, put on clothes and go…’ JaeBeom thought to himself. Washing up would make too much noise and breakfast he could have somewhere else. He’d call YeoJin later with a good excuse.

Lucky for him the stairs made almost no noise at all. With the goal so close in sight, JaeBeom became a little careless. With a swift movement he closed the door making it bang and shake in its hinges. Almost immediately he heard reaction in the house. Someone was going to check on the door... Jae had no time to think of what to do, so he hid behind the bush in the garden. Something broke underneath his feet, it was his old toothbrush. Just as he picked up both of the brown remains of his toothbrush, TaecYeon appeared in his vision.
“What are you doing in the garden so early? Want to have breakfast with me? I’m going out for some exercise later on.” He said.
“I’m… I’m looking for my toothbrush… I lost it… some time ago. Well, I better go buy a new one! See you later!” JaeBeom stated and rushed out of the garden. He made it! Now all he had to do was find BoA and get this stuff over with.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh, TaecYeon, you’re awake? Have you seen JaeBeom?” YeoJin asked while walking into the living room in her bathrobe, merely ten minutes after JaeBeom left.
“Yeah, he went out, said he had to buy a new toothbrush. He was acting a little strange there.”
Actually, TaecYeon thought he was acting a little suspicious, but being unable to tell why, he decided to leave it at that.
“Why, did he find out I threw out his toothbrush?” YeoJin giggled.
“Yes, that would be the reason.” TaecYeon laughed along. If seen from that point, it would make sense why JaeBeom was acting weird, but it still didn’t explain why he’d be in the garden early in the morning… Unless he remembered seeing his toothbrush there before. And he could be an early bird, that much TaecYeon didn’t know about JaeBeom. It was probably best to stay out of their business.

~~~~~~~~~~

“It’s still pretty early, but shall we have breakfast?” YeoJin asked as she went to the kitchen.
“Fine with me! What do you usu-…” TaecYeon replied happily, but got interrupted by a ringing telephone.
“ Sorry.” YeoJin replied apologetically as she ran to pick it up.

“Na-Young… she’s, she’s… oh, YeoJin, what to do? Na-Young’s in coma!” Sunny blubbered on the other end of the line. YeoJin almost dropped her receiver. “Where is she now?” She wanted to know.
“She’s in the hospital. They say she drank all night. I’m so worried!” Sunny said.
“Are you in the hospital? I’m going to go there right now!” YeoJin stated.

“Is everything alright?” TaecYeon asked as YeoJin had ended the conversation on the telephone.
“One of my friends has drunk herself into a coma.” YeoJin told him. “I’m going to the hospital right now. I’m sorry I won’t have breakfast with you.”
“It’s okay. Do you need me to accompany you?” He asked.
“No, it’s fine. I’ll probably meet Sunny there. Feel free to make yourself at home here, I’ll see you later.” YeoJin said. For an awkward moment YeoJin felt like kissing TaecYeon goodbye, but she refrained from it and rushed upstairs instead. She would change into whatever clothes she could find and leave as quickly as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~

JaeBeom hoped he would be unable to find BoA so he could just go back home, but he was unlucky. The moment he drove his car over to the hospital BoA had spotted him and came running towards him.
“You’re late, but at least you’re here…” She said as if talking to an incompetent child. Her very voice alone was enough to get on JaeBeom’s nerves. Didn’t she know he had driven around town for an hour after escaping home? He had taken all that trouble to do what she requested and now that he was 5 minutes later than the time she told him to be there she was going to act annoyed?!
“Yah! Don’t do that.” JaeBeom responded angrily.
“Do what?”
“That whining thing you’re doing. Demanding things from me without knowing the bigger picture.”
“What bigger picture, just go inside already.” BoA mumbled. “And please act a little nice towards the doctor about our baby.”
“Yah! Don’t call it our baby! It’s yours, yours alone!” JaeBeom stated firmly. “I shouldn’t even be here right now, but you left me no choice, didn’t you?”

Just as BoA and he wanted to go and enter the hospital, JaeBeom saw YeoJin and Sunny coming out of the hospital. As quickly as he could JaeBeom hid behind a pillar near the entrance doors, dragging BoA along with him, silencing her with his hand.
When YeoJin and Sunny were out of sight, JaeBeom released his hand from BoA’s mouth and dragged her into the hospital.
“What are you doing?!” BoA half whispered, clearly annoyed at him.
“Nothing, let’s just go to that doctor of yours, alright.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Na-Young looked bad in her situation. They had emptied her stomach and cleaned her up a little, but her face and hair were wet of transpiration and the stench of alcohol was pretty strong. A dripper was connected to her arm and added dosed amounts of liquid to help her cope with the drying effects of the alcohol she had consumed. She had come out of the coma not too long before YeoJin and Sunny arrived in the hospital but was put on sedatives right after. The kind of hangover one experiences after coma drinking might not be all that pleasant…

Sunny had been crying the whole time they were beside Na-Young. YeoJin thought about her two friends while driving back home in her car. They had been through many things, but nothing had ever been this serious. Slowly, but surely, Na-Young had started sinking deep into her feelings. It was pretty clear that the fact that she and HeeChul had not separated on friendly terms had left Na-Young heartbroken and caused her to start drinking. However there was nothing YeoJin or Sunny could do about it, except being there for her and telling her not to drink. But if she was on her own, things like this could happen…
___________________________________________________________

CherryChocol8 -16.07.2012-