Unexpected visit

Play Boy or Pet Boy

___________________________________________________________
The shrill sound of the doorbell woke YeoJin early in the morning. For a moment she wanted to ignore the sound and drift back into sleep. However the annoying person outside had other plans and kept ringing. Remembering Na-Young and Sunny being in her house too, YeoJin decided, against her will, to answer the door. Of course she could just scream for the person to leave, but YeoJin didn’t want to be rude. Maybe it was something important. It could be the cops. Why they would be in front of her door, she didn’t know, since JaeBeom was no longer living with her. It wasn’t as if JaeBeom made a lot of trouble, but he did seem to be rather ‘clumsy’ with following the rules of civilization. Once, YeoJin had to pick him up from the police station. They had taken his driver license. He turned out to be charged with dodging the police, urinating in public and entering private property. His story: he needed a pee, found a secluded place and then ran because he was ashamed…

~~~~~~~~~~

JaeBeom paced in front of the door. He was going to get the story out of her! If there was one thing he hated most, it must be when people kept him on the leash.

Why the ordeal had to be taking place at 8:00 AM already, JaeBeom couldn’t fathom for himself either. He ignored the fact that the whole YeoJin issue had bothered him more than was logically explainable. At least he had held himself back from appearing in the middle of the night, or worse, at the ungodly hour of 3 AM.

When he was with BoA yesterday, he had started complaining about a fake headache until she was so pissed off that she left eventually. Having dealt with his ‘bad day’ already, too. JaeBeom felt bad about being so dishonest towards her, but the lady was a nagging sore when she clung to him and demanded his attention.

Sighing, JaeBeom rang the doorbell to YeoJin’s apartment another time, this time a little more persistent. Open it woman, open it!

After what seemed like a cold eternity, finally the grumpy-looking silhouette of his ex-girlfriend appeared behind the glass. She gave him a glare and rolled her eyes, before turning and walking back out of the hallway. WHAT?! JaeBeom’s fists tightened as he felt great disappointment well up in him. He had imagined her opening the door to let him talk to her, he’d make her explain everything to him and then she would take him back… However, that was wishful thinking as she wasn’t even going to open the door to him.
“Yah! Open up!” He yelled, as he pumped his fists against the door.
His fists were going numb from hitting as well as from the persistent cold of early winter morning. He gave up as he realized what kind of fool he looked like, making such a scene in front of someone’s doorstep. The longer he stood there, the more people would notice and the more they noticed he was being ignored. Feeling ashamed, JaeBeom stepped down the few steps, like a little boy that didn’t get anything for Christmas and was too shamefaced to tell his friends about it. Why had he come here? He wasn’t even prepared for anything. It scared him how impulsive his behavior had become.

~~~~~~~~~~

Silently YeoJin let the tears roll down her cheeks. She sat against the wall around the corner of the hallway. She hadn’t known who to expect at the door, but JaeBeom would have been her last guess. She couldn’t muster up enough courage to speak to him. He had completely ruined her self-confidence along with her sense of trust and her set of emotions. Therefore, she had chosen not to open the door at all. Surely it would have been another rant on how they were meant to be and that he was giving her another chance to take him back… And frankly, she might have fallen for it, had she opened the door…

“Is everything okay?” Sunny walked into the living room, switching on the light.
Quickly YeoJin brushed her tears away with the sleeve of her pajama, but Sunny had seen them already.
“It was Jae outside, wasn’t it?” She asked softly, crouching down beside YeoJin.
A nod and the tears spilled again.
“Ah, don’t cry. He’s not worth crying over.” Sunny hugged her friend and patted her on the back.
YeoJin couldn’t help but reminiscing about her good times with JaeBeom. She had always thought their minds met and he was her other half. How could everything turn into the mess it was these days? Why couldn’t it be like how it was back then? Was it as good as she remembered it? Maybe there were even more things she didn’t know…

“Girls, I have a splitting headache!” Na-Young declared when YeoJin and Sunny had started preparing breakfast after cleaning and dressing themselves.
Without waiting for a reply, she trotted towards the kitchen in a needy fashion and downed two tablets of Aspirin with a glass of water. YeoJin and Sunny watched as their friend, still in pajama, combed through her messy hair with her hands and started massaging her temples.
“Are you just going to watch me suffer or are you going to eat?” Na-Young asked, irritated by her headache. Of course, Na-Young didn’t like any form of pity, especially not when it’s her that people pity upon.
“Nana, do you feel good enough for some breakfast too?” Sunny bravely attempted to ask the question, albeit discretely tucked under the breakfast comment.
“Nobody has ever died of a hangover, but I think I’ll pass breakfast today… If you don’t mind, I’m crawling back into bed for an hour or two…” Na-Young said while heaving a sigh and walked out of the kitchen. YeoJin and Sunny exchanged a look. That girl was going to sleep here for the rest of the day, they were certain, they had experienced it before. A few hours, that was a grave understatement, but it was alright.

“So, what are you going to do today?” Sunny asked, turning towards YeoJin.
“I…” YeoJin thought about it for a second, until she jolted, her eyes large in realization. “Oh no! Today’s my second date with TaecYeon! He’s going to be here in… 8 hours!” The last part she almost screamed. Frantically she took in her surroundings. Here and there lay books and mail, a lost sock (probably from Na-Young) near the couch, the plants looked sick if not dead and a few Christmas decorations were still not stored away.
“Have to clean!” YeoJin breathed and panicked as she raced off her chair and started collecting the books.
“Let me help you!” Sunny said and began preparing water for the plants, albeit in a much more relaxed manner.

While YeoJin tidied the living room, Sunny used the vacuum cleaner and duster to clean it. After that the two made a plan to redecorate the room for a romantic afternoon and evening. Sunny wanted to do the same with YeoJin’s bedroom, but after a long discussion (“No, I will not even go there!” “What if?” “No!”), the bedroom plan was dropped.

When there were only 2 hours left, Sunny looked at YeoJin and decided to give YeoJin the needed (in Sunny’s eyes) metamorphose. YeoJin, who knew Sunny’s ability to make even an egg look y, agreed with it. In half the time it would take YeoJin to pick out a dress, Sunny had done her make-up, hair, clothing and additional accessories. YeoJin nodded approvingly as she stood in front of the mirror, looking at herself in an adorable chocolate brown dress that reached to just below the knees, a pair of equally brown pumps and her hair done up in a messy, yet classical fashion. A light touch of make-up was enough to get the best out of YeoJin’s facial appearance.
“Amazing! Thank you so much, Sunny!” YeoJin beamed and hugged her friend. At the same moment the bell rang.
“That’s your boy, I guess!” Sunny said, looking as glee as her name.
And then they heard a stumbling upstairs. “NA-YOUNG!”
___________________________________________________________

CherryChocol8 -11.03.2011-