Will you be my girlfriend?

Play Boy or Pet Boy

____________________________________________________________

Roses blushing pink and dew dripping down from the petals, that’s the purity of the love you deserve.” YeoJin re-read the cheesiest line from JaeBeom’s letter.
The very letter YeHwan was keen on keeping, before YeoJin made him cry. How Jae had been able to even come up with this stuff, YeoJin had no idea, but it sure was sincere.
I never meant to hurt you, but when I made the biggest mistake I could ever make, I did not only hurt myself, I hurt you more, even though I deserved it and you didn’t.
YeoJin sighed. What was she to do with the letter? What was she to do anyway with this whole situation?
Also, what to do now that she had already accepted to hire a perfect boyfriend…

~~~~~~~~~~

With his bags packed, TaecYeon sat in the living room. He was waiting for the car to bring him to the company. The last contract forms had been sent in yesterday, his client had agreed with the terms.

In a few hours he would begin his new project, starting with a month long business trip to Pusan, or so he had told YoonA. If she knew the truth, she’d break up with him without a second thought. No explanation would ever be good enough to make her change her mind either. No, TaecYeon knew the risks all too well, he knew it from the start, so he lied to her…

“I’m going to miss you. You are going to be very busy, aren’t you?” YoonA asked. TaecYeon nodded and got up from the couch.
“Very busy. But don’t you worry about me, I’ll be fine.” TaecYeon smiled and hugged his girlfriend.
“Do you really have to go? I mean, can’t you just cancel the business trip and take up another project?”
TaecYeon sighed. “You know I really want to do this job, if I don’t want to lose it, I’ll have to go on that business trip, I’m sorry.”
YoonA looked up in his face with puppy eyes…
It wasn’t working, she could better not have done that at all. For some reason her hypocritical behavior of persuading him to stop working got on his nerves. From the moment she suggested it, a feeling of irritation was his.
“No, YoonA. I’m not going to quit my job, so drop the subject.” TaecYeon said resolutely, while holding her a distance away by her shoulders.
YoonA’s eyes were looking at his, searching for something he couldn’t see.
For a minute they just stood like that.
“Fine.” YoonA said, freed herself out of his hands and turned around. Suddenly she had to rearrange the already neatly stacked magazines on the bookcase.
TaecYeon knew she wasn’t fine, but really, she had no right to decide over him having a career or not.
Then the doorbell rang.

“YoonA, do we really have to fight before I leave?” TaecYeon said, temporarily ignoring his driver who was ringing the doorbell again.
“Who says we’re fighting?” YoonA said, still not facing him. However her voice told TaecYeon she was holding back her frustration.
The doorbell rang again.
“Come on YoonA, don’t do this now. I’m going to be really busy, I want to say goodbye properly and leave with a light heart, so please let’s-.” TaecYeon was being interrupted by YoonA.
“Shouldn’t you be leaving? Your driver must be getting impatient.”
TaecYeon clenched his jaws together while staring at his girlfriend’s back. Her cold words enraged him.
“Goodbye then…” TaecYeon said through gritted teeth, before grabbing his suitcases and slamming the door.
Without a word or a glance he passed his driver, who gave him a semi-worried, semi-surprised look, but lacked the authority to ask any questions.

~~~~~~~~~~

“I’m sorry if he’s been a little troublemaker, thank you so much for taking care of him.” DongWook apologized.
“He’s been a good boy, most of the time.” YeoJin said as YeHwan was placed in the backseat of DongWook’s car. “Really, there’s no need to feel bad about bringing him here.”
YeoJin hadn’t thought YeHwan would be able to hear her, but a huge smile formed on his face and it did YeoJin good to see him so happy from her compliment.
After waving them off, YeoJin sighed and wanted to go back inside, but there was a car that attracted her attention. It wasn’t so often a limousine would drive through her street. It couldn’t be…?

The limousine stopped in front of her house, and just as she was expecting now, her perfect boyfriend emerged from it. The driver ran out to grab his suitcases for him as TaecYeon made his way over to YeoJin. The moment felt a little bit like a movie, but then one that would have a lot of hidden barriers and would need an impossible ending to be satisfying to watch completely… Did she make the right decision?

“Lee YeoJin, will you be my girlfriend?” TaecYeon asked, revealing his million white teeth smile.
And just as in the movies, YeoJin nodded and smiled back, receiving his couple ring.

~~~~~~~~~~

‘I need to wait patiently… I can’t go immediately… No, I need to wait and be patient…’
JaeBeom was pacing through WooYoung’s living room. JunHo was so busy lately that he couldn’t have JaeBeom in his home anymore. Something seemed odd with that, but at least WooYoung had offered him to stay at his house. At least, for the time being. WooYoung was a free and careless guy, he worked and met girls and that was all that he desired. JaeBeom had always envied him for his ordered and disciplined un-attachment to the other and that they seemed to understand his intentions as well. For some reason, that didn’t seem to work for JaeBeom. His girls always got attached to him and he did waver too…

‘I can’t go, I need her to contact me first… Patience, JaeBeom, patience…’
JaeBeom shook his head and stood still. ‘What if she thinks I’m lazy again? What if she doesn’t see my persistence?’
With one swift movement JaeBeom grabbed his jacket and car keys. He was going to go see her, he had to know. Did he convince her? Did she want him back?

~~~~~~~~~~

“Here’s the bathroom. Under the sink you can find towels and in the cabinet are soap and other showering products.”
YeoJin showed TaecYeon around the house and had just left him alone to unpack his suitcases in the guest bedroom, when the doorbell rang, persistently…

___________________________________________________________

CherryChocol8 -14.12.2011-