I lie about a toothbrush

Play Boy or Pet Boy

___________________________________________________________

“I hope you’ll turn around and be a good father to him…” BoA sadly said after their hospital check. They just found out BoA was pregnant with a son. Although BoA was extremely happy with the good news, she had a hard time accepting the likely truth of her son growing up without a father. She herself had always wished to have a father, but hers had run away with another woman when she was still too young to remember him.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Yeah, I’ll buy him diapers someday. Tsh.” JaeBeom said sarcastic.
Of course, deep down he realized the frightening truth that he just became the older generation. He was going to have a kid of him walking on the face of earth. This was such a frightening thought that he had no other way of dealing with it than ignoring it all together. A kid was such a responsibility.
“I’m serious. I really hope you’ll be there for him, even if you can’t be with me…” BoA said, looking him in the eyes with such a sincerity that JaeBeom got nervous. This just didn’t seem the BoA he knew before, this BoA was just so much a responsible expectant mother.
“Think about it, okay?” BoA said and smiled a sad and motherly smile at him.
“Oh, so scary. I just got chills through my spine!” JaeBeom exclaimed.
BoA shook her head. “I should go now, I’ll call you!”
As JaeBeom processed her words, BoA turned and ran to the bus which had just arrived at its stop.
“Don’t call!” JaeBeom yelled at her, but she just waved her hand without looking back.
From this JaeBeom knew she would be calling him soon.

~~~~~~~~~~

When YeoJin had come back home, TaecYeon had made her breakfast. It was very simple and nothing special, but YeoJin did appreciate it. With all the stress of the last days, it was nice to have someone look after her.
That JaeBeom wasn’t back yet did make her worry, but luckily there was TaecYeon to keep her company.
“Do you like to play games?” TaecYeon asked. “Should we play a game?”
YeoJin smiled. How easily living represented fun for this man! It was so contagious.

“You did this many times before, didn’t you?” YeoJin laughed when TaecYeon succeeded yet another time in pulling out a tricky bar without making the tower fall.
“Actually, I haven’t been completely fair. Among my friends from college I used to be the legend of Jenga.” TaecYeon confessed, grinning mischievously at YeoJin.
“Yah, how can I ever beat you now, knowing who you are?” YeoJin joked and successfully pulled out another bar.
Just as it was TaecYeon’s turn again, they heard JaeBeom come in.

“I’m sorry about your toothbrush, have you bought a new one?” YeoJin asked as JaeBeom took off his jacket and threw it over the back of the couch.
“Oh, erm, yes, I have.” JaeBeom answered, but his words didn’t match up with his facial expression. He seemed distant and worried, not at all like someone who’s taken care of a small errand. Which had taken him way longer than it usual would take, as well.
“Did something happen on your way home?” YeoJin asked, worried about the distracted looking JaeBeom.
“Yeah, I uh… witnessed a car accident…” came JaeBeom’s reply.
Poor Jae looked like he’d seen the whole thing and couldn’t do anything to stop it from happening. Or maybe he was involved in some way, YeoJin realized.
“What color toothbrush have you bought? Can I see?” YeoJin ran up to him enthusiastically, to cheer him up and make him forget about the accident.
“I, uh, I lost it…” JaeBeom said, scratching the back of his head.
From the corner of her eye YeoJin saw TaecYeon shake his head in disbelief. Suddenly she felt an urge to prove to him that her boyfriend was being honest to her.
“Why did you lose it?” She asked, certain that JaeBeom would have a reasonable excuse.
“They needed it… They said they could really use it… With the accident and all…”
‘Okay, that didn’t really make sense, but it was an excuse nonetheless…’ YeoJin thought.
Turning to TaecYeon for an update on his facial expression, she saw that the man had left them alone with a neatly arranged box of Jenga blocks.
“Okay, I’ll buy you one today.” YeoJin promised JaeBeom.
“Let’s go together! Right now~!” JaeBeom said and showed her a smile that was so winning that YeoJin couldn’t decline.

~~~~~~~~~~

TaecYeon sat behind the desk in the guestroom and played a little with his mobile phone. Not long after he went upstairs he heard the front door close and a car drive off. It became completely silent in the house, so they both must have left.

In all honesty TaecYeon didn’t understand what it was YeoJin saw in JaeBeom. How come she was so completely blind for his obvious lies? They didn’t really fit together as a couple either, TaecYeon thought. Not that he was jealous or anything, but YeoJin deserved so much better than JaeBeom.

Suddenly TaecYeon’s phone started buzzing. He was expecting it to be YeoJin calling for him to do something, but it turned out to be the company calling.
“Yeoboseyo?” TaecYeon answered.
Mail had arrived at the company. It was a letter from Nichkhun, sent all the way from Thailand.
The company couldn’t tell TaecYeon what the letter said, because they hadn’t opened it for him, but it looked official. Some urgency was needed it seemed, so they had immediately called him, even though he was at work.
It’s sealed and there seems to be quite some paperwork inside.” His co-worker at the company had described the letter for him.
TaecYeon was a little worried and decided it was best to go to the office and open the letter right away.
The fact that it was from Nichkhun, who had acted very unlike himself lately, made it all the more worth it.
TaecYeon’d write a short note to YeoJin before he’d go, explaining shortly what he was doing and that he’d be back soon.
___________________________________________________________

CherryChocol8 -01.02.2013-