What went wrong?

Play Boy or Pet Boy

___________________________________________________________

Stirring her tea, YeoJin thought about Jae’s behavior. Was he really that bad? Was he really such an unthankful cheater? He had sounded so loving on the telephone, so desirable, so available… Torturing herself further, she recalled the way JaeBeom used to touch her. The way he used to move his fingertips down her spine and embrace her from behind. The way he used to kiss her neck and nibble on her earlobes… It was all still fresh in her memory.

Her thoughts drifted to Ok TaecYeon. The man was so different from JaeBeom, she was almost convinced they only had their nationality and gender in common. ual interest too, maybe… If TaecYeon wasn’t gay. She didn’t think he was, but if he was, it would make it a ten times easier for him to be the perfect lover and not ever fall in love. It made perfect sense, but something inside YeoJin wished and believed he didn’t fall for men.

TaecYeon had been very attentive to YeoJin, opening doors for her, leading her when she walked so she wouldn’t fall in the snow, taking her coat, basically he did everything he could do for her. She tried to recall the last time JaeBeom had opened a door for her, lead her or took her coat and realized with a pang she couldn’t remember. He hadn’t done any of that recently at least.

Something landed on the doormat with a flop. ‘The newspaper.’ YeoJin thought and stood up to get the mail.
It was indeed the newspaper, but there was also an envelope. It looked like a business envelope, but there was no logo on the outside. ‘Ms. Y.J. Lee’ it read behind a rectangle of cellophane.
“What could it be?” YeoJin said out loud as she ripped open the envelope.
Inside was a business letter and a small booklet. The logo of the firm was printed on both, a big red heart with ‘PB Ltd.’ embossed in it.
“Well there you have it!” YeoJin stated for herself.

After quickly screening the letter first, she took the booklet in hand. It were all the rules and regulations concerning hiring a pet boy, or as the company called them Perfect Boyfriend, properly ordered by category.
Sitting down with the booklet in her lap, she read the categories. General rules, behavior, … ?!, money, common questions and company contact.
YeoJin couldn’t help but be curious about the fact they made into a category. How could there be so many rules about, that they made it into a 4-sheets-counting chapter?
When she browsed to the particular chapter, she was greeted with a page filling photo of a guy and girl kissing romantically. On the bottom it stated the pair was named Kim JunSu and Goo HaRa. They were both gorgeous, but YeoJin didn’t get why they should cover a complete page.

‘It is perfectly understandable that you would want some form of skin ship with your Perfect Boyfriend.’ The first line of the chapter read. ‘Please, before you do so, read the following rules and regulations carefully.’
After pouring another cup of tea, YeoJin sat back and started reading the rest of the chapter.
‘It is perfectly fine to show affection to your Perfect Boyfriend. Please do keep in mind that he is a human too. Kissing shouldn’t be a problem, but do not harass him by spanking his behind or touching/groping him in private areas.’
“This is thorough…” YeoJin laughed, almost choking on her tea when she imagined herself spanking TaecYeon’s behind, let alone groping him between the legs.
‘Your Perfect Boyfriend might even be the one to instigate kissing and cuddling. When not ready or not interested, please don’t shy away from letting him know, this boy won’t desert you for holding back.’
“That’s why he’s called perfect…” YeoJin grinned, knowing all too well what some guys were only after.
‘When both parties agree, we won’t prohibit , we wouldn’t dare. However, PB Ltd. can’t be accounted for possible pregnancies, it is your own responsibility to be save. Therefore it is recommended to consider celibacy.’
A little indignant YeoJin didn’t think it fair that the woman should only be responsible. Sure, the guy was hired and thus his responsibility fell under that of the company, so in some sense it was the woman’s responsibility, but the company could provide contraceptives, couldn’t they?
‘For situations and solutions, browse to Common Questions on page 25.’
YeoJin saw that the next 2 pages were filled with a story of a girl who hired a Perfect Boyfriend and who was basically telling everyone how incredibly nice he was and that they already did more than sleeping underneath the sheets.

‘Common Questions’ was by far the largest chapter in the booklet. YeoJin decided to screen it quickly, so she could start at the new film script she had to write for the film house.
‘Can I introduce my Perfect Boyfriend to family and friends? Answer: No, the boyfriend has a private life and should therefore not be socially associated to you. However, the introduction is prohibited with the exception of close friends or home mates. (Keep it at a minimum).’
“Okay, so that’s why Na-Young has never brought her pet boy around…” YeoJin exclaimed to herself.
‘What if I fall in love with my Perfect Boyfriend? Answer: Stop hiring him and get over it.’
YeoJin nodded, it made perfect sense, but she couldn’t get around the fact that it sounded cruel and harsh…
‘What should I do if I walk into my Perfect Boyfriend outside of hiring hours? Answer: Act like you don’t know him. You have no idea who sees you and you might cause harm to his personal relationships.’

YeoJin’s cup of tea had gotten cold and the clock said 10 AM when she finally put the booklet away.
A pet boy was going to be pretty expensive, but YeoJin had always been able to afford herself a little luxury, being born the daughter of a multimillionaire. However, the money had never served as a way to gain lavish presents and exclusive gadgets. On the contrary, YeoJin spend some on an average house, an average car, two or three charities and put the rest on a bank account. It wasn’t as that she was snobby about the money, it just didn’t feel right to buy herself luxury she didn’t need. The amount on the bank account served as an emergency fund. It did give her the freedom to pick a profession which wasn’t really financially supporting.
YeoJin loved movies. Being a film script writer had been a lifelong dream come true.

YeoJin decided she needed a shower.
As she went to the bathroom and removed her bathrobe she caught a glimpse of herself in the huge mirror. She was generally pleased about her features, but knowing that JaeBeom had picked someone else over her made her insecure again. Was that hip of hers sticking out too far? Were her ankles too thin? Her knuckles too visible? Why, why had JaeBeom gone to someone else?
She cried as she wrapped her arms around herself, letting the warm water and her tears unite as they found each other on their way to the drain.

~~~~~~~~~~

TaecYeon shifted on the bed. He wasn’t fully convinced whether the try-out had gone that well. Actually it all went great until the moment of goodbye had come. He didn’t know what went wrong exactly, but at one point, Lee YeoJin had just ran off. She had said bye, closed the door and didn’t look back. Even thought Taec was an expert on social behavior, he had no idea what he did wrong or what else had made her flee like that. It bothered him endlessly, not because the woman left in a rush, but just because it was something he should know but didn’t.

Turning around he found YoonA’s side of the bed empty. She had already dressed herself and was putting on some make-up. TaecYeon hadn’t noticed her getting up nor heard her taking a shower.

“Up so early?” he asked casually, propping his head up on one elbow. “You look gorgeous.”
YoonA put down her mascara applier and walked over to the bed, sitting down on her side.
“You mister, look like a sleepyhead!” She pouted her lips while she said it and leant towards him.
TaecYeon grabbed her waist and pulled her towards him, making her yell out in a giggly protest.
“Taec~ I have to go in a few, I can’t stay here on the bed cuddling with you! You know I really can’t be too late for that Bae YeoJin shoot!” YoonA laughed as she wiggled out of his arms, trying to lift him from the bed as well, but failing to do so.
“I know… I’ll come and eat breakfast with you, if you want.” TaecYeon offered, getting out of bed and reaching for his bathrobe. The mentioning of ‘YeoJin’ reminded him of his frustration once more, even if this YeoJin was just the fashion designer YoonA was doing modeling work for.

An hour later, YoonA had left and TaecYeon was doing push-ups in the living room when the doorbell rang. Taec let himself fall down on the floor before getting up to open the door.
“Taec~! How’s life?” JunSu asked him as the guy spread his arms to give TaecYeon a man hug.
“Rolling.” TaecYeon grinned. His friend JunSu was one of his two best friends, NichKhun being the other. Between them there were no secrets, they knew all about each other, the three of them were also colleagues at PB Ltd.
“Come in. I bet you’re starving to know about my new client…” Taec started the very subject JunSu was about to introduce.
“I don’t want to pry, but yes please tell me about her!” JunSu laughed, opening a can of Coca Cola.
“Good looking, nice, not touchy-feely, careful and thinks too much…” TaecYeon said, summing up his impression of her.
“Sounds like an easy one. You don’t want to be having mine! God, I spend the complete night wishing she would stop touching me!” JunSu ranted, recoiling the memories of that experience.
“Oh, she is… except that she confused me when we said goodbye…” TaecYeon sighed frustrated.
“Dude, what happened? Did you tell her you liked her company?”
TaecYeon nodded.
“And you expressed a wish to repeat the date?”
Another nod, although TaecYeon knew he hadn’t said it, but indicated it enough.
“Did you wish her a good night?”
Yes.
“Kissed her on the cheek?”
“Hyung, I did all the right things, none of the bad things and still she ran off…” TaecYeon interrupted JunSu’s interrogation.
How did she run off?” JunSu went on.
TaecYeon sighed, a little annoyed with JunSu's persistence.
“She said goodbye, stepped out, closed the door and walk away without looking back… That attitude doesn’t rhyme with her image, it was completely out of character and I can’t seem to figure out why.”
For once, JunSu had no answer ready and a silence engulfed them.
However short-lived, because JunSu concluded: “She must be bipolar.”
___________________________________________________________

Long, long~ chapter! ^-^

CherryChocol8 -04.01.2011-