Emerging problems

Play Boy or Pet Boy

__________________________________________________________
TaecYeon’s thoughts were occupied. His mind was mulling over everything that happened in the past 3 hours. Well, actually only one thing that happened in those hours kept asking his attention…
How did she do it? How was YeoJin able to make him clueless with her behavior? The knowledge of a woman’s mind, which Taec thought he had, seemed to be horribly deficient suddenly. It was like knowing everything about fruits and then encountering a vegetable.

“A penny for your thoughts.” YoonA’s voice sounded next to his ear. He hadn’t noticed her when she went to stand behind the couch he was sitting on.

“I was just thinking of you.” TaecYeon lied and smiled at his girlfriend.

“You weren’t! You, cheesecake!” YoonA replied and playfully pinched his shoulder.

“I was! Really!” Taec defended and gave YoonA another dimpled smile.

“Oh yeah? Why were you frowning then?” YoonA asked, her eyebrows raised, she didn’t believe him.

“Well, I really wanted to do something big on your birthday, since you did on mine too…” Taec said. It was the truth, but he hadn’t really been thinking about it just now.

“Aw, that’s really sweet, but my birthday isn’t until May 30th, which is still 4 months away!”

YoonA hit him lightly on his chest and then went to lay next to him on the couch, resting her head on the spot she just hit.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Sunny, Na-Young, does it work?” YeoJin asked, desperate to contact her friends at once so she could talk about what had happened to her that day.

“It always works, but you keep asking! Heehee…” Sunny laughed, while Na-Young joined in.

“Okay, spill it! I’m in for juicy detail!” Na-Young said resolutely after a moment of laughter.

“Not on the phone…” YeoJin started.

“What?! Why going through the trouble of making a three-way call, when you aren’t going to tell us anything!” Na-Young blurted out.

Na-Young was a little blunter than usual and something about that just screamed she wasn’t fully sober.

“Trouble? You just said it was no trouble! Anyway, I need you at my place right now! I’m desperate!” YeoJin let out.

“Okay, we’ll be there!” Sunny answered.

“We? I’m going to watch television!” Na-Young stated, but both YeoJin and Sunny knew Na-Young only touched a television to dust it, which didn’t happen too often either.

“No, I’m on your doorstep in 10 minutes, Nana! Jinny, are we staying over tonight?” Sunny asked.

“Yes…” YeoJin decided. Suddenly another night alone seemed like a terrifying and burdensome thing.

She could hear Na-Young’s fierce protests before hanging up, but they were all directed at Sunny. YeoJin knew Na-Young would probably sleep when she arrived, but she was happy to see her friends soon.

“JinnyBin~, JinnyBin~, Jinny all the way~! Oh, they fight all the JinnyBins, in their WonBin open sleigh, hey~! JinBinBinBinBinBimBim-BimBo~! Hahaha.” Na-Young’s voice registered in YeoJin’s ears even before the sound of the doorbell did. She had been pacing the living room after preparing two extra beds for her friends. Maybe she should have put a bucket next to Na-Young’s bed…

When YeoJin opened the door, Sunny immediately stepped inside and pulled the loud Na-Young along with her.

“Oh my, that was so embarrassing! She wouldn’t stop singing, while we all know she really can’t sing at all!” Sunny complained.

“Wait! I need to pee!” Na-Young bluntly let out, completely ignoring Sunny’s insult on her singing abilities, much to YeoJin’s relief.

Na-Young had been drinking even more alcoholic beverages after their phone-call. Her breath smelled, she was louder than ever and she constantly laughed without an apparent reason. She didn’t need any help finding her way to the bathroom though.

“I’m worried about her, Jin…” Sunny conveyed when the peace had resettled in the living room. YeoJin nodded, she too had noticed Na-Young’s increased drinking habits.

“Do you think it’s that pet boy of hers? Or is it still the one we can’t say the name of?” Sunny asked.

“You mean HeeChul?”

“Shh! Yeah, he…”

“Ah, she can’t hear us, anyway! It might be him, but hasn’t it been long ago?” YeoJin whispered to Sunny.

For a moment, it was peacefully silent as the two friends both thought back at those dreadful days after the big break-up, which Na-Young had spend crying and drinking. They had seen her mental breakdown and had helped her all the way to recovery, spending every amount of energy and time they had to get Na-Young back among the mentally stable. Could she really have begun sliding downhill again?

When after approximately half an hour, Na-Young still hadn’t come back from the bathroom, YeoJin and Sunny suspected something more had happened. In a rush both of the girls went to the bathroom and (after forcing open the locked door) found Na-Young. The ‘lady’ was sleeping with her head on the toilet seat, one hand was hanging only centimeters above the water and the other hung lazily to her side. She hadn’t flushed after using the toilet, but luckily she had had the presence of mind to put her pants back on. Sunny let out a sigh as she grabbed both Na-Young’s arms and tried lifting her up. With YeoJin’s help she carried her to one of the extra beds. Then they decided to call it a day as well. Na-Young’s mental state seemed to overshadow YeoJin’s problems temporarily. Who could worry about boy trouble, when their best friend is destructing herself? No, tonight she wouldn’t talk about her problems…

~~~~~~~~~~

“What’s on your mind, baby?” BoA whispered seductively while she massaged JaeBeom’s shoulders. Instead of throwing his head back in relaxation, like he used to, he shrugged her hands off. He had been agitated for most of the day, because he was having a bad day. Or at least,  that was the reason he told BoA, while in reality, the reason had been YeoJin. She was confusing him. He felt like she was toying with his feelings. How could she act like the heartbroken girl the first moment, to run into her hard-muscled lover the next moment?! What happened to his innocent Jinnybin? And just how innocent was she really?
__________________________________________________________

CherryChocol8 -13.02.2011-